Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oh my god she's perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The best

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Oxxidation posted:

rappa was knuckleduster's spiritual mentor and i am loving every second of this more than the last
I love this loving comic. :allears:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what a great chapter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If this flashback takes a detour to have Mirko fight Rappa I wouldn't even be mad about it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Who could this mysterious masked Tiger Bunny be!?

"Please kick me really hard, Tiger Bunny."

I feel like that's going to resonate with a lot of the readers. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Stupid question, are rabbits and tigers conceptually linked in Japan, or is this a reference? I'm leaning towards the latter, considering it's another superhero anime, but...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's almost certainly a reference to the anime.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Stupid question, are rabbits and tigers conceptually linked in Japan, or is this a reference? I'm leaning towards the latter, considering it's another superhero anime, but...

It is a reference to the japanese wrestler Tiger Mask.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ethiser posted:

It is a reference to the japanese wrestler Tiger Mask.
Cool, thank you. Maybe both? In one of those "stars aligned perfectly" kind of ways.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Check out Ryu & Ken in this chapter.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The mask looks extremely like Tiger Mask’s.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Gotta love how they made the fanbase's "God I wish that were me" reaction to Mirko go to its logical conclusion by having the audience come in to get their asses kicked.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Talking to my manga buddy at work and he and I agree that the "God I loving LOVE fighting!" character is always fun to read. And this chapter has Knuckleduster, Rappa and Miruko in it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Viz and Mangaplus have made it so I have to disable and allow too many things to see stuff. Anyone got alternate links?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Check out Ryu & Ken in this chapter.

I think that's also supposed to be Abigail and Zangief that she is interupting.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

So I guess 3 years has passed in the Vigilantes world since the series started I suppose (it was referenced as that amount of time passing since the characters started their work in that neighborhood) but when is it in the BNHA timeline? I'm kind of guessing that Vigilantes starts 4-5 years before BNHA chapter 1?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It has to be in that ballpark since All Might has already fought All for One when he shows up.

We know Aizawa had been a teacher for at least a year by the time the main series starts and he still hasn't started working at UA yet as far as I remember.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 23, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So I guess 3 years has passed in the Vigilantes world since the series started I suppose (it was referenced as that amount of time passing since the characters started their work in that neighborhood) but when is it in the BNHA timeline? I'm kind of guessing that Vigilantes starts 4-5 years before BNHA chapter 1?

It has to be at least 8 years. We know that because of everyone's favourite character, in fact! In her first appearance in MHA, Mirko is 26 years old, while here she's still in school so she must be 18 at most. If we knew Mirko's age here, we'd have a definite time period, but at the very least it can't be lower than 8 years.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah good point on Miruko's age.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

This is a pre-Crawler flashback though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

oh jay posted:

This is a pre-Crawler flashback though.

Oh poo poo, right, I forgot this wasn't happening now. I have no idea how, but I did.

Do we know how far back it is? That could help.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Is she related to the equally mysterious teenager, Garyuu X?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

281 is out now: https://imgur.com/a/78sQiLe

283 should be colored by next weekend concurrent with 284 coming out.

It looks like Hexamendle took a break from coloring chapters and skipped 283/284 to go do 285/286.

285. Katsuki Bakugo: Uprising
286. The Ones Within Us

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
The greatest hero of all time!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Oh yeah, he’s absolutely Venom. I guess that much should’ve been obvious when he got the Black Whip quirk

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Venom rules.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Deku should eat a Snickers.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
You should eat a Snickers.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the charred look for Shigaraki is insane

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It looks less gruesome than I expected, not that I'm complaining.

Flesnolk posted:

You should eat a Snickers.

:(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Okay, I've long professed my love for Horikoshi's art in this thread, but I do have to admit I hate the way he draws those nose muzzles.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wanted to comment on this back when 285 originally came out, but I appreciate Bakugo showing in this chapter that his instinctual analysis is every bit as thorough as Deku's observational analysis. I think this is the first time we've gotten verbal analysis out of Bakugo instead of him demonstrating via action.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wanted to comment on this back when 285 originally came out, but I appreciate Bakugo showing in this chapter that his instinctual analysis is every bit as thorough as Deku's observational analysis. I think this is the first time we've gotten verbal analysis out of Bakugo instead of him demonstrating via action.

It's been kind of a running thing throughout the series that people have pointed out that Bakugo isn't stupid or anything, his problem has almost always been his personality and his ego and that' why the earlier arcs especially always had people like Allmight himself saying if Bakugo didn't shape up he might wind up going in a bad direction, and he even failed the hero test pretty much solely because of his own lovely self. It's kind of why I feel like he and Deku do the whole "two sides of the same coin" rival thing a lot better than, say, Sasuke and Naruto.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Sasuke is just like me! Aside from being a complete sociopath and an rear end in a top hat and not having the same motivations at all and having his head so far up his own rear end that it's a wonder he can stand up straight. But aside from that!"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Naruto's whole thing about breaking the cycle of hatred/fate by forgiving the unforgivable kinda falls flatter and flatter for me as I get older.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

Naruto's whole thing about breaking the cycle of hatred/fate by forgiving the unforgivable kinda falls flatter and flatter for me as I get older.
I've been told by jojo fans like Woolie and Plague that Funny Valentine would philosophically wipe the floor with Naruto. Having not yet read part 7 I wonder why.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Naruto would never take the napkin first.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Sure, Naruto nevers comes up with a genuine answer to the dilemma that Pain poses him. But who cares, because he became Hokage! That's all that really matters, right?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
beastars is another recent manga that imploded under the "kindness and forgiveness solves all" conundrum

sometimes you just need to punch a guy