Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Invictus posted:

And yeah, it's an idol sort of thing, but uh, they are very very verrrrrry much not idol-like in their words and actions.
[YAGOO in the corner, weeping softly]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Coco likes feet

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rody One Half posted:

Coco likes feet

...so Coco is Reggie?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Coco is Coco Don't be rude

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Woolie is doing a series on Guilty Gear lore! It's apparently an official ArcSys thing! That should be hype as gently caress, right?

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1318718671078961152?s=20

But uh, there's a small problem...

https://twitter.com/envinyon/status/1318736745031229440?s=20
https://twitter.com/ForTheBananna/status/1318731510619525120?s=20

:negative:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 21, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So it will suck balls because Woolie's playing ball with a homophobe?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

It's early and small enough that woolie can erase that name and everyone can pretend that didn't happen.

https://twitter.com/Suetake01/status/1318739602614722561

I do want to see leaked discord logs of his inane ramblings though.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's fine https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1318780031926214662

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie good

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

what

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gonna be real here that is the weakestass statement. "I don't agree with those takes on the lore" as if mere interpretation is the actual issue.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

end result is still "i threw him in the garbage"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Only Woolie could be so oblivious as to somehow miss that guy's long-established notoriety for being an insane crackpot, goddamn

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm picturing Woolie walking up and down a corridor, the walls plastered with that dude's posts, checking and rechecking the door he entered through to make sure he hasn't got it mixed up

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

Gonna be real here that is the weakestass statement. "I don't agree with those takes on the lore" as if mere interpretation is the actual issue.

I just figured that translated to: "I should still give him credit since I asked him, even if I thought he was completely full of poo poo"

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Woolie really needs to learn to vet people he's working with, it's a job at this point, one even sponsored by arcsys, this poo poo don't fly.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Something something works with Pat something sensors exploded years ago.

E - Did Woolie and his fiancée every get hitched? I vaguely recall the whole NZ thing from what feels like a million years ago. I assume COVID has made that all weird.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nalesh posted:

Woolie really needs to learn to vet people he's working with, it's a job at this point, one even sponsored by arcsys, this poo poo don't fly.

Woolie does not believe Noel Brown is a person worth shunning, his bar for the FGC is absurdly low for accepting people

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm watching Woolie's LP of Kotor 2 and Little V is a great curator. I'm loving how woolie is slowly figuring out how messed up Kreia is. As soon as he thinks he's got her pegged the game throws a curveball at him and makes him reevaluate just what her deal is. I can't wait for him to hit that final revelation that she's trying to kill the Force itself. His shock when he found out about Atton being a mass murderer and immediately upgrading him from Barth to Atton was golden.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is there a zangief supercut yet

I just saw him eat paige's french homework and then pat held him and boy he's huge now, holy moly

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

is there a zangief supercut yet

I just saw him eat paige's french homework and then pat held him and boy he's huge now, holy moly
(why does Paige have french homework is she working on her masters or an online french course?)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grouchio posted:

(why does Paige have french homework is she working on her masters or an online french course?)

She lives in a part of the world where everyone speaks french. Probably taking a class.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

She lives in a part of the world where everyone speaks french. Probably taking a class.

Just because everyone else jumped off a cliff doesn't mean you have to.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Nalesh posted:

Just because everyone else jumped off a cliff doesn't mean you have to.

Maybe she's just looking for more ways to tell their weird old man neighbor to go gently caress himself.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

doos posted:

Maybe she's just looking for more ways to tell their weird old man neighbor to go gently caress himself.

There's basically no way that's not a major factor in this for Paige. Even if it's not that specific old guy, there will be others.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Also let's not undersell the fun of becoming more fluent in French than Pat in a relatively short span of time.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did Zangief actually destroy a piece of Paige's classwork on stream?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the among us archive from pat's stream is already fantastic in the first round, lots of screaming and hollering and incorrect accusations

"YEAH I KNOW EVERYONE THINKS I'M LYING BECAUSE I SOUND LIKE A MUPPET ALRIGHT"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/castlesuperbeast/clip/PiercingTawdryWoodcockAsianGlow

You can actually pinpoint the second where his heart rips in half.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 27, 2020

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

This is like the fifth time I think I've heard Pat try to explain to Liam and/or Woolie about how annoying it is to have a mission or match in your team-based game hosed up for the eightieth time by ignorant or selfish players and one of those two guys just not getting it. Granted, Pat explains it badly most of the time, but it's just really obvious that the only multiplayer Woolie plays is fighting games or non-team-based stuff whenever he just can't wrap his mind around "I am frustrated because constantly failing an instance over and over again because people don't want to learn how to play the game is a bad thing."

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pat definitely came across a bit silly on the Bozja duel stuff because my immediate thought is sometimes people want to learn stuff organically and Pat kinda comes across silly expecting people to be 100% prepared? The Bozja duel thing sounds unbelievably dumb at face value for the fact it's gated to one randomized person, along with like, it just being an utter fail state if you don't go in with the right combo of stuff, or something? Like it just sounds like the devs did a bad job.

That said, I'm kind of with you otherwise with Woolie missing the point when Pat complains about that stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can't do the duel unless you basically mastered the raid, apparently.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

You can't do the duel unless you basically mastered the raid, apparently.

So all 3 duels have Mini-instanced fights before them. To qualify for the Duel you have to take 0 unavoidable damage in the fight before hand. If at least 1 person does that the duel spawns and anyone that managed to 0 hit the previous fight can queue to do the duel. So you've got a 1/X chance to get the duel where X is the total amount of people who no-hit the fight.

Now it's a little annoying if you're going into these specifically to win the duel to get the achievements and titles from them and someone who isn't as prepare or (In the case of the first duel I got) had 0 idea what was about to happen gets in instead of you. You don't NEED a specific set of skills to win, but there is an optimum people are using to make it easiest on them. The Engagements/fights that spawn them happen like...every 15 minutes. It's only really an awful thing if that's the only part of the Bojza front you care about and are hard focusing on it but like....just don't? They're meant to be long term goals you can get as you go in the content because it's gonna be relevant for awhile what with the artifact gear and weapons being tied to it and also it's the fastest and most fun way to level 71-80 by a million miles. Like I got Red Mage from 71-80 in like 3 days of just bumbling round in the zone while doing other poo poo in it like the fancy 48 man raid on the Castrum (Which is some of the coolest poo poo in the game btw. really recommend it.)

It's not even other people being bad leading to Pat being unable to complete it. Even if all the people that failed when he tried to get in did it and succeeded he still wouldn't have gotten in at all.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 31, 2020

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
That Sadako boss fight is incredible.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygwKs-a-U8

Matt happily plays the new No More Heroes port for the Switch.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Paused the podcast, stepped away for awhile, start it up again and

Woolie: "...And the baby came out, way too dark"

I'm afraid both to continue and to go back and get context.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm back on podcast 89, and I got to a story about how Zangief jumped into the pants Pat had pulled down to his knees to take a piss as if he was a toddler, and it's a wonder Woolie didn't just quit right then and there like Liam and Matt did.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A good poster posted:

I'm back on podcast 89, and I got to a story about how Zangief jumped into the pants Pat had pulled down to his knees to take a piss as if he was a toddler, and it's a wonder Woolie didn't just quit right then and there like Liam and Matt did.
Cause it's a funny story that Woolie can easily sandbag if awry?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Woolie: let me ask you how you feel about strangers pooping in your yard as a necessity

Pat: It's fine if they bury it deep enough

Woolie: I'm sorry, I can no longer do this podcast with you even though I'm the one asking you about poop and piss and vomit and colostomy bags and baby poop every other episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If Woolie made it past the loving Darth Vader thing he can make it past anything