Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

:sickos:

gently caress Tim Eyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Tim Eyman can eat my entire rear end

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil
The chair thing is still sooo funny. It was at the Office Depot I go to irl and it makes me laugh everytime I'm there.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
The chair thing is so good that it should honestly be our state flag.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Tim Eyman is like an impotent version of the Joker for Seattle. Like we all know he should be in an asylum, but he somehow is out and keeps popping up here and there, making dumb initiatives and stealing chairs.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

1glitch0 posted:

Tim Eyman is like an impotent version of the Joker for Seattle. Like we all know he should be in an asylum, but he somehow is out and keeps popping up here and there, making dumb initiatives and stealing chairs.

You wanna know how I got these chairs?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Dude's been trying to gently caress with car tabs for as long as this forum's been alive. He should've taken the hint years ago.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Dude's been trying to gently caress with car tabs for as long as this forum's been alive. He should've taken the hint years ago.

He doesn’t give a gently caress about car tabs. His livelihood is loving with car tabs, if he actually succeeds he can no longer grift.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Is there any one who actually likes Tim Eyman? I'm sure even his parents if you asked them "do you like your son?" would hem amd haw for 30 seconds trying to come up with an answer that functionally means no but sounds like yes on the surface. I know a lot of conservatives for family reasons and none of them like him.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Is there any one who actually likes Tim Eyman? I'm sure even his parents if you asked them "do you like your son?" would hem amd haw for 30 seconds trying to come up with an answer that functionally means no but sounds like yes on the surface. I know a lot of conservatives for family reasons and none of them like him.

At a 'Meet the Legislators' event in OR where I was supposed to be shilling for the non-profit I work at some republicam state senator from north east oregon listened to me talk about co-ops for five minutes and then told me 'we need to get rid of the estate tax, you guys are lucky you have people like tim eyman getting things done up there' so I think probably just that one guy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm sure my entitled boomer white guy dad thinks he's a champion of freedoms. It's the communist state court that is the villain here, it's clearly not his fault for stepping into the same rake over and over again.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

DrNutt posted:

I'm sure my entitled boomer white guy dad thinks he's a champion of freedoms. It's the communist state court that is the villain here, it's clearly not his fault for stepping into the same rake over and over again.

Yeah it’s probably that and not that he intentionally writes his laws to be unconstitutional so he can perpetually rail against big government or whatever

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

fuckin hell

https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/status/1318325272924418048

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

propaganda arm of the police state doing what it's told very nicely indeed

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Can anyone here who's a little more in tune with state politics explain to me why somebody would bother wearing a facemask saying "gently caress Inslee"/otherwise blasting him? It's maybe the most common political apparel statement I see right now in passing at work beyond MAGAwear or thin blue line imagery. Those I get (and they're both yikes-worthy) but I'm not up to date on anything the governor's done beyond general covid response. Is it more of a chud reaction or do these people have legitimate gripes?

I'd honestly just ask them myself but this is a customer service job and I'm supposed to appear as neutral as possible :sweatdrop:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Can anyone here who's a little more in tune with state politics explain to me why somebody would bother wearing a facemask saying "gently caress Inslee"/otherwise blasting him? It's maybe the most common political apparel statement I see right now in passing at work beyond MAGAwear or thin blue line imagery. Those I get (and they're both yikes-worthy) but I'm not up to date on anything the governor's done beyond general covid response. Is it more of a chud reaction or do these people have legitimate gripes?

I'd honestly just ask them myself but this is a customer service job and I'm supposed to appear as neutral as possible :sweatdrop:

Maybe they respect the virus but also just really like carbon emissions.

My guess would be taxes. It’s usually taxes.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Blood Nightmaster posted:

You have yet to encounter someone who believes Inslee's mask order is a violation of their liberty? Where in the state do you live and is housing affordable there?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's very simple and not at all nuanced in any way.

The state mandates they wear a mask based on the threat level of the county they live in and since the governor is a Democrat it is a bad thing.

This is why it's so wild that we allow people to elect sheriffs at the county level and also 100% the reason we had county sheriffs out in the community telling them they wouldn't enforce the mask thing.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It’s just spite.

It’s no different than the assholes who say, “oh yeah, I have to wear a mask?? Well, it’s, Uh, it’s gonna say “TRUMP 2020 KEEP MERICA GREAT AGAIN”, what do you think about that, libtard???”

They think they’re getting one over the people they live to hate and that makes them feel good.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

logger posted:

You have yet to encounter someone who believes Inslee's mask order is a violation of their liberty? Where in the state do you live and is housing affordable there?

Oh no, we encounter those here on a daily basis, it's just that 95% of them are crafty enough to say they all have medical exemptions so they can get away with not wearing one. I work at a sex shop so I think laziness/selfishness is more common than spite as far as our customer base goes.

I guess a small part of me wanted the answer to be slightly more nuanced than just your typical petty bullshit :sigh:

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

tk posted:

My guess would be taxes. It’s usually taxes.

Other things posters have said are all true. But this is definitely true.

My bother-in-law, who is conservative but smart enough not to have not voted for Trump in either election, hates Inslee because of taxes. We've tried to explain to him that what he really hates is the high sales tax that comes from not having an income tax, but he doesn't quite buy it. He buys and sells lots of used cars, and as a result pays a lot more state tax than us, who earn a much higher income.

I think some local radio person must have been talking about this, because he just started bringing it up a few months ago.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

pthighs posted:

Other things posters have said are all true. But this is definitely true.

My bother-in-law, who is conservative but smart enough not to have not voted for Trump in either election, hates Inslee because of taxes. We've tried to explain to him that what he really hates is the high sales tax that comes from not having an income tax, but he doesn't quite buy it. He buys and sells lots of used cars, and as a result pays a lot more state tax than us, who earn a much higher income.

I think some local radio person must have been talking about this, because he just started bringing it up a few months ago.

A lot of idiots get fixated on taxes because they don’t think of government services they use as being paid for by taxes. They will always focus on programs that don’t benefit them directly then claim taxes are redistributing “their” money to people who don’t deserve it.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

pseudanonymous posted:

A lot of idiots get fixated on taxes because they don’t think of government services they use as being paid for by taxes. They will always focus on programs that don’t benefit them directly then claim taxes are redistributing “their” money to people who don’t deserve it.

Ughgggggggghh those tax and spend Democrats!!!! All they do is increase YOUR taxes and spend YOUR money!!

And note how they always couch it in terms of “the government is wasting your money” and they’ll never say exactly where the waste is coming from or what can be done to improve things, they’re just dumb, angry and loud.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
We mostly get what we pay for. I love my civic amenities. Tax me more please.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Solkanar512 posted:

Ughgggggggghh those tax and spend Democrats!!!! All they do is increase YOUR taxes and spend YOUR money!!

And note how they always couch it in terms of “the government is wasting your money” and they’ll never say exactly where the waste is coming from or what can be done to improve things, they’re just dumb, angry and loud.

Oh, they love to talk about "exactly where the waste is coming from": it's scientific research, art, and public welfare programs that cost hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars (and never you mind that we had to toss Boeing a measly few billion in subsidies for a lovely loophole-filled agreement they'll back out on anyway).

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

It isn't even "your" money, there is an implied agreement that we will play by the rules of the place where we live and that means paying taxes. That tax money can go from the employer to the government without ever being in the possession of the employee.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I don't think there's anything wrong with caring about wasteful spending in government or with thinking about how the government is spending "your" or "our" money. The problem is that people don't generally seem to understand the scale of budgets so they think that a big sounding number is significant when it really isn't compared to other line items in the budget. They also tend to only focus on the things in the budget they don't like or understand. A lot of times spending on social welfare and social services is the more fiscally responsible thing to do, im.the same way that it is cheaper to maintain a road then to wait for it to completely deteriorate and start over.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

pthighs posted:

Dor Monson is a plague on the Pacific Northwest and I hope his Seahawks cancelation is the beginning of the end of his right wing bullshit.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Don't worry. They'll find a new guy for you to hate for clickbait.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Don't worry. They'll find a new guy for you to hate for clickbait.

I get your point but I haven't consumed his content in literally 15 years until I hear about his transphobic tweet and thought "That rear end in a top hat still has a job? JFC Seattle get your poo poo together"

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

You have to realize that there just like there is the Dairy Queen ring around Seattle that defines the Seattle metro, there is also a ring further out where the road signs against the King County charter amendments go from "Protect Your Vote" to "Stop Defunding Police" that defines the border from lib suburbs to chud suburban enclaves.

Those assholes are the Dori radio audience.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, Jason Rantz is still around.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thanatosian posted:

Don't worry, Jason Rantz is still around.

Please don't forget about Brandi Kruse who is straight up out fighting anyone who says Dori deserved it

https://twitter.com/AlyciaRamirez3/status/1315770905188941824

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Space Gopher posted:

Oh, they love to talk about "exactly where the waste is coming from": it's scientific research, art, and public welfare programs that cost hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars (and never you mind that we had to toss Boeing a measly few billion in subsidies for a lovely loophole-filled agreement they'll back out on anyway).
Or wasting them on the Mariners

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

The Oldest Man posted:

Please don't forget about Brandi Kruse who is straight up out fighting anyone who says Dori deserved it

https://twitter.com/AlyciaRamirez3/status/1315770905188941824

Remember when that homeless family's trailer was vandalized and spray-painted "DORI 4 GOV"? Along with the people threatening them with knives, and throwing bottles at them?

And then Dori said "I had nothing to do with this, but I'm really enjoying it," and another reporter for KIRO radio broke into their home so they could post a video of their living conditions on twitter?

Dori Monson and all his talk radio buddies are human trash with a profoundly broken sense of empathy.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Here's more context because it shows just how loving monstrous these people are.

quote:

A photo began circulating around the Seattle Twittersphere on the evening of Oct. 8. It showed what appeared to be an RV being towed to Councilmember Lisa Herbold’s house by a rented pickup truck.

The photo hit a nerve. Just days before, on Oct. 4, former City Council candidate Ari Hoffman had threatened to tow people’s vehicle residences from the streets around the Bikur Cholim Cemetery to the homes of nearby council members.

But Hoffman was observing Yom Kippur that night, making it unlikely that he was the perpetrator. Theories abounded. Accusations flew.

None were correct.

Unbeknownst to them, a young couple expecting a child towed their RV into the middle of a maelstrom in Seattle politics. They parked it on a residential street, never knowing that they happened to have left it in front of the home of a liberal city council member.

The reaction was swift. Shock jock Dori Monson told his listeners that a council member finally felt their pain.

“This is the nightmare with which residents have been living,” he said, referring to the RV, sitting on a residential street with no visible trash or other nefarious behavior surrounding it.

When one of his supposed fans tagged the vehicle with “Dori 4 Gov” in black spray paint, Monson celebrated again: “We do not condone the destruction of private property… but this is pretty funny! #RVGate #DerelictRV,” he posted on his show’s Facebook page.

This is the same radio personality who suggested that a young climate protester be taken from her parents for tagging City Hall with paint she believed to be removable chalk spray, but was more permanent.

According to the Seattle Times, the owners of the RV came back to their soon-to-be home, ready to clean it out and make it habitable, only to be greeted by news crews and angry neighbors. One threw a bottle at the pregnant woman and then threatened her with a knife when she returned the favor.

Activist Matt Watson, who shared the original image of the tow Tuesday night, began a fundraiser to help the family fix the damage to the RV and set them up for the immediate future. In two days, he raised more than $5,000.

According to The Seattle Times, Herbold offered to move her car to the street and let the couple use her driveway to avoid run-ins with law enforcement.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I don't follow Seattle politics but after reading that it is now my sincere hope that someone murders this Dori fellow.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Dori Monson is a sack of poo poo. I used to listen to a fair amount of talk radio (innocuous stuff like Pat Cashman's or Ciscoe Morris's shows-- I was a very cool 20 year old), and he used to be almost okay, but I remember hearing his show for the first time in a long time shortly after Obama was elected, and was a little bummed to find he had become complete garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I saw Ciscoe's book for sale recently at the grocery store and the title is something like "Ooh La La!" with the cover being a picture of him smiling all huge.

Prolly gonna buy that dang book.