Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Guillermus posted:

And that may kill you aswell. Is there any Strongman that get to live past 60? I love watching these competitions but watching the diet and training is a recipe for disaster.

Very few from what I've seen & it's exactly for the reasons you'd think - years of using PEDs, beating the hell out of their bodies & even the dieting usually means they don't live long. Same deal for some pro-level bodybuilders, just look at guys like Ronnie Coleman now compared to when he was in his prime. If they're not dead by 60 some end up severely disabled/crippled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Every time I hear more about bodybuilding it feel like it's a new level of awful. Here's what's happening when they dry out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lGmvFkAMOU&t=564s

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Charles posted:

Somebody asked in QCS: does anybody know if the "important announcement from the makers of chili" is a reference to anything?

i've also been wondering this too

pretty much just chalked it up to lowtax being OMGLOLRANDOMMONKEYCHEESE and/or whacked out on pills and thinking it was funny for some reason, but idk if there's actually a reference being made instead

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

does anyone know what happened to the "on cloud nine" smiley? It was like a happy smiley on a.. purple or blue cloud?
Not this one?
:yayclod:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Oxyclean posted:

Not this one?
:yayclod:

Nope it was a yellow smiley snuggled up to it. Unless I hallucinated this entire smiley of course

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why are there two slightly different :brainworms: smilies, both of which have the same code?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ariong posted:

Why are there two slightly different :brainworms: smilies, both of which have the same code?

I'm guessing the smilie was brainstormed in a thread somewhere and two people bought slightly different versions around the same time.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

don't mind me, just finding out what :gamefreak: looks like

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Why is :corsair: named corsair?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Why is :corsair: named corsair?

The lore is the poster Corsair is old, rich, and has a pool.

Now we're all old.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is there some jokey reason :fivecbux: is named differently than :10bux: and :20bux:? It throws me off every time because I remember one's different but never which one it is.

e: also I forgot it was animated, since I had gif autoplay turned off in the app for a long time

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know forums accounts used to be $5 instead of $10. Not sure why it's got the "c" though. Maybe it's from back when Canadian money was worth more than a US dollar?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Huh, I have no memory of the price changing. I thought it was always :10bux: and the others were just copying the reference.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I know forums accounts used to be $5 instead of $10. Not sure why it's got the "c" though. Maybe it's from back when Canadian money was worth more than a US dollar?

I dont think it ever got as good as 2:1. I feel like I've never seen the five before, so I'm guessing it must have come later then :10bux:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The ‘c’ is for ‘cool’.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Huh, I have no memory of the price changing. I thought it was always :10bux: and the others were just copying the reference.

I'm pretty sure the first account I bought was only $5. Would've been back in 2001. I could be wrong of course.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I dont think it ever got as good as 2:1. I feel like I've never seen the five before, so I'm guessing it must have come later then :10bux:

Interestingly the $5 one does fall under New/Uncategorized unlike the others, which seems like it's where newer ones end up living out their lives.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That five bucks one must be new. I've seen the 10 and 20 ones for years, but I've never seen the five one before. Also, it looks really weird and bad.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They are cyberbux and they date from spring of 2018.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

That five bucks one must be new. I've seen the 10 and 20 ones for years, but I've never seen the five one before. Also, it looks really weird and bad.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854284&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post483654373

:eyepop:

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
why is the bisexual pride flag called "sueme" lol

:sueme:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

turd in my singlet posted:

why is the bisexual pride flag called "sueme" lol

:sueme:

An organization decided to run around with cease and desists and legal threats anywhere the flag was posted, claiming it as their IP (it wasn’t).

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

LordSaturn posted:

don't mind me, just finding out what :gamefreak: looks like

It’s a Pokemon, clefairy I think? Gamefreak made Pokemon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Clefairy was almost the mascot instead of Pikachu.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You're a monster

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's the Rhydon joke?

Notapipe
Apr 4, 2011

100% Self-Loathing Posting

Zesty posted:

What's the Rhydon joke?

It was the first designed Pokemon ever, if im not mistaken.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
To the point where its internal ID in R/B/G is 000 (or 001, whatever) if I'm remembering right.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Zesty posted:

What's the Rhydon joke?

Each Pokemon is "First" in some way.

Bulbasaur is Pokedex Entry 001
Mew is supposedly the primordial pokemon that all others are based on (in-universe), which is why it can learn every TM.
Arceus is supposed to be like the creator-god of the pokemon world, IIRC. (though maybe only after the Ruby/Saphire timeline split?)
Rydon was the first designed pokemon, or at least the first finalized; in the data structure of RBY, iirc it's index number 000 (Programmers count from 0 most of the time, not 1).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wow, you'd think I'd remember it considering that someone explicitly bought it as a direct response to one of my posts! A post that, to put it nicely, did not age well. Great thread though, thanks for reminding me of that. Now I kinda miss my cyberwizard avatar.

I guess it's better now that I know the flickering is intentional. I would like it better if it were :fivecyberbux: rather than just :fivecbux: so it's self-explanatory.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Oct 29, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hopefully it didn't come across as a slam, I've done my share of donations too. Just entertained by that post coming up after you replied here.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Question, how come some smilies are bigger than the 90x25. I've tested an upload of similies <10kb and similiar dimensions to existing ones but they get rejected. What's the secret?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Question, how come some smilies are bigger than the 90x25. I've tested an upload of similies <10kb and similiar dimensions to existing ones but they get rejected. What's the secret?

Admins can upload bigger smileys. I don't know what's the upper limit for them, though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Paladinus posted:

Admins can upload bigger smileys. I don't know what's the upper limit for them, though.

Gotcha, thanks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I think mostly it's done as a goon/admin collaboration when the sentiment is there in some thread. So some goon buys a regular small smiley and sends the admin the bigger one and they replace it. Probably there's also some mod forum heads-up?

I guess in theory the big smiley could be any size, since it's just replacing a file on the image server.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Carthag Tuek posted:

I think mostly it's done as a goon/admin collaboration when the sentiment is there in some thread. So some goon buys a regular small smiley and sends the admin the bigger one and they replace it. Probably there's also some mod forum heads-up?

I guess in theory the big smiley could be any size, since it's just replacing a file on the image server.

There could be database restrictions on file size, but I can neither confirm or deny it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

storing commonly used images in a database seems inefficient, but hey, its radium™

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

What's up with the avatars that look like they're from pulpy 1950s sci-fi novel covers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What's up with the avatars that look like they're from pulpy 1950s sci-fi novel covers?

Could you show an example?
There was a trend like 1-2 years ago when 'cyberpunk/glitch/vaporwave'-ing up avatars was a thing, but that's doesn't sound like the '1950s' period you refer to.

Could be something from one of those neat/weird/bad book threads, but it's hard to know without seeing what it is you're referring to.