Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I mean, it would explain why Prince Andrew looks shiny when it’s warm, because everybody knows he doesn’t sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

GreenMetalSun posted:

I haven't like, met Prince Charles, but I've been within 100ft. of him, he was definitely out in the sunlight.

Unless these are Twilight vampires? Ghoul body-double?

Sunscreen. Things got a lot easier for vampires since the 1800s.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

GreenMetalSun posted:

I haven't like, met Prince Charles, but I've been within 100ft. of him, he was definitely out in the sunlight.

Unless these are Twilight vampires? Ghoul body-double?

This is important. Was he wearing a hat?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I am curious about what or why Denver International Airport was on the list.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I am curious about what or why Denver International Airport was on the list.

I think it has something to do with the blue Satan horse with the giant penis.

gleebster posted:

This is important. Was he wearing a hat?

poo poo, I don't remember. My grandmother was obsessed with Royal Family and took me to some event when they were touring Canada.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

GreenMetalSun posted:

there's a lot of weird going on with DIA. harmless, but extremely questionable choices were made regarding the design of it and the art that went into it

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Euphoriaphone posted:

That chart is fun but definitely not any type of rigorous. It has "vampires literally exist and Prince Charles is one" next to "hey maybe Mattress Firm is laundering money or something."

It's not 'maybe mattress firm is laundering money' it's that they absolutely are a criminal enterprise because someone jumped on Reddit and claimed as much because they thought the stores being close together was weird. That's all it took to convince people that it must be true. It's basically a lighter version of Q.

The chart is organized by distance from the core conspiracy mindset, but what motivated the skepticism and what evidence there ultimately is corresponds to that fairly well.

1. Reasonable skepticism and confirmed evidence for.
2. Reasonable skepticism but no confirmed evidence for.
3. Unreasonable skepticism and no confirmed evidence for. (can't prove a negative slush zone)
4. Reasonable skepticism but confirmed evidence against.
5. Unreasonable skepticism and confirmed evidence against.

It doesn't matter that fronts do exist while vampires don't, because there's the same unreasonable leap to come up with that conclusion and total lack of evidence for it.

Also trying to come up with a rigorous framework for conspiracy theories is probably the closest thing there is to staring at an Eldritch horror and going mad. They defy organization by their nature because they defy reason.

This could be a joke for all I know, because my brain keeps refusing to parse it out of defensive reflex. All systems are going to be loose ones, including mine so please don't come back picking it apart. It's not perfect because that's literally impossibility.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

GreenMetalSun posted:

poo poo, I don't remember. My grandmother was obsessed with Royal Family and took me to some event when they were touring Canada.

This answer just raises more questions. I am afraid I will have google denver blue satan horse penis.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The blue satan horse 🐴 had a piece drop and kill the creator. I guess there are supposedly hidden buildings under the airport too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
that pryramid is wrong because surely flat earthers and hollow earthers hate each other and are mutually exclusive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why would that be the case? Neither cosmology makes the faintest lick of sense so there is nothing that says the earth cannot be both flat and hollow. The whole point of extreme conspiracy theories is that they all boil down to the idea that "they" (or (((they))) more often than not) are keeping some ridiculous secret from us for some reason, usually because it helps them do comical saturday morning cartoon evil.

It's like a child's idea of actual conflicts in the world. Rather than there being complex social, political, and economic reasons why things happen, things actually happen because a big group of just dnd alignment chart Evil people make them happen, while alignment chart Good people try to fight them, and we are all caught up in the weird mythological divine hyperwar, and how much you post about it on facebook is very important.

It's all basically just mishmash poo poo that's been floating around for decades if not hundreds of years in the case of the antisemtism stuff, filtered through a heavy layer of storybook thinking and quasi-religious ideas about cosmic battles of good and evil. Actual obvious contradictions from one minute to the next don't make any more difference than they do in the bible, the point is the adherents want it to be true and so they believe it is true regardless, whatever part of it is in their head at the time. It isn't true because it makes rigorous logical sense, it is true because they think it is true axiomatically because it fits in the gap in their heads and hearts where they think the truth should go. It is truth shaped to them.

It is an entirely different way of understanding the concepts of truth and fiction as well as discerning what they are.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1319035203046748160?s=19

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

What does Walsh get caught doing?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

GreenMetalSun posted:

I googled Denver International Airport pictures and yes, I definitely do have questions now.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

FFT posted:

there's a lot of weird going on with DIA. harmless, but extremely questionable choices were made regarding the design of it and the art that went into it

They lean into it, too. I flew through there about a year or two ago and big parts of the terminal were closed off for construction. There were different signs up saying that it was to excavate alien fossils, renovate the secret tunnels, etc.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

OwlFancier posted:

Why would that be the case? Neither cosmology makes the faintest lick of sense so there is nothing that says the earth cannot be both flat and hollow. The whole point of extreme conspiracy theories is that they all boil down to the idea that "they" (or (((they))) more often than not) are keeping some ridiculous secret from us for some reason, usually because it helps them do comical saturday morning cartoon evil.

It's like a child's idea of actual conflicts in the world. Rather than there being complex social, political, and economic reasons why things happen, things actually happen because a big group of just dnd alignment chart Evil people make them happen, while alignment chart Good people try to fight them, and we are all caught up in the weird mythological divine hyperwar, and how much you post about it on facebook is very important.

It's all basically just mishmash poo poo that's been floating around for decades if not hundreds of years in the case of the antisemtism stuff, filtered through a heavy layer of storybook thinking and quasi-religious ideas about cosmic battles of good and evil. Actual obvious contradictions from one minute to the next don't make any more difference than they do in the bible, the point is the adherents want it to be true and so they believe it is true regardless, whatever part of it is in their head at the time. It isn't true because it makes rigorous logical sense, it is true because they think it is true axiomatically because it fits in the gap in their heads and hearts where they think the truth should go. It is truth shaped to them.

It is an entirely different way of understanding the concepts of truth and fiction as well as discerning what they are.

To combine these two for a moment though, it's becoming increasingly clear that a large number of folks in very important positions just plain do not give a gently caress/ don't realise they might be party to some really dark poo poo. The entirety of Epstein/Maxwell thing would have been laughed at as "conspiracy theory" if it weren't for all of the evidence that has been collected on it.

I'm not saying it's huge ancient alein temples and lizard folk, but the idea of 'conspiracy because people who are very rich don't want to do their loving jobs' seems a good deal more real.

Also, what?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Skwirl posted:

The funny/annoying thing is I bet almost no one uses it for what they're afraid of (making copies of music videos available on youtube) because those videos aren't likely to disappear off youtube, so there's very little need.

I use it quite a lot to turn interesting talks and lectures into audio podcasts I can listen to on the go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

you fuckers don't know anything about earth's shape

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Free Britney should be in with mk Ultra imo.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/nickschadegg/status/1319929036936794113

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

there wolf posted:

It's not 'maybe mattress firm is laundering money' it's that they absolutely are a criminal enterprise because someone jumped on Reddit and claimed as much because they thought the stores being close together was weird. That's all it took to convince people that it must be true. It's basically a lighter version of Q.

I hadn't heard of this one, is it exactly as flimsy as "Wayfair is selling humans"?

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I'm pretty sure the Wayfair one is referring specifically to the "Wayfair are selling cabinets containing trafficked children on the public internet". Whatever other shady poo poo they might be into, that definitely isn't a thing.

If you love crank conspiracies and don't know about the Denver Airport stuff you owe it to yourself to look it up. The gist is that the weird art they have around the airport (the weird art is actually there) depicts real scenes from the coming masonic NWO takeover, and underneath the airport is a vast underground city built to house either the NWO government, prisoners of the NWO government, or the alien overlords secretly behind the NWO, depending on which particular denomination of crazy you conform to.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Sometimes I feel bad for David Icke because he genuinely believes that the Jews are not the sinister force running poo poo, it's actually literal space lizard people.

but like he still hangs out with the antisemites so I don't feel that bad

yea, but he also believes in the protocols of the elders of zion. So like, he believes in lizard and is antisemetic.

Also I have some minor quibbles with that chart, but it's overall not too bad.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ambitious Spider posted:

he believes in lizard
hell, same

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lizard is real, and my friend

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also it’s shaped like a swastika

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

GreenMetalSun posted:

His name is Blucifer, thank you very much

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Pipistrelle posted:

His name is Blucifer, thank you very much

His name is Blue Mustang, Blucifer is the nickname given to him by the locals, thank you very much.

The story I heard was that all weird airport art has subliminal penis messages in it, as part of a plot by (((them))) to turn everyone gay and/or trans and weaken Western society.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

in five years we're gonna get people replying to fanart of a 25 year-old character and a 30 year-old character with "this is pedophilia"

Edit: Oh no wait, did they somehow think Pacha was 5 years old instead of 45? lmao

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

A five year old

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well I'm lost

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

the emperor's new groove is a disney animated film
someone made fanart of the movie's two main characters
then the IOSM made a post saying "this fanart is pedophilia" because they thought the 45 year old main character was 5 years old somehow

i hope this explains things sufficiently

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

And here I thought it was because Cusco was a boy emperor but I guess Disney made him Barely Legal instead

Also am I the only person bothered by the chart saying “Bohemian Club” instead of Bohemian Grove?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its still pedo, but he's 40 , 5 year old kids in a poncho

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

No, they definitely think a 45 year old with an 18 year old is literal pedophilia, it's logic 'anti-shippers' have been using for years in fandom spaces as fir why whatever dumb thing they hate is a moral sin. Any sort of age gap with consenting adults = pedophilia. Even if survivors say that waters down the poo poo they went through.

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Oct 24, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Deptfordx posted:

I use it quite a lot to turn interesting talks and lectures into audio podcasts I can listen to on the go.

Youtube has an option to release your videos under a creative commons license that makes copying for personal use completely legit, but people would still need youtube-dl in order to actually download it. Another reason the attack on the program is bad and dumb.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PetraCore posted:

No, they definitely think a 45 year old with an 18 year old is literal pedophilia, it's logic 'anti-shippers' have been using for years in fandom spaces as fir why whatever dumb thing they hate is a moral sin. Any sort of age gap with consenting adults = pedophilia. Even if survivors say that waters down the poo poo they went through.

Yeah but look at the bolded text. They were just searching “five year old” lol

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

PetraCore posted:

as a survivor, folks going out of their way to dunk on kids on the internet being slightly overzealous about pedo poo poo is way more frustrating than those kids being a little on one sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did we talk about the “wanting petite women is rooted in pedophilia” take in here?