Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Convoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Which one

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

is anyone covering the one they decided to make an issue this cycle? I remember hearing a blurb about it on NPR when it got chosen, but I haven't heard anything about it since

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Fluoride Jones posted:

Just remembered that time gwb nearly died from eating pretzels lol

I think about this every single time I eat pretzels

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

When was the migrant caravan even supposed to be when Fox News got tired of the topic? You'd think they'd ramp up the coverage as it got closer

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TeenageArchipelago posted:

is anyone covering the one they decided to make an issue this cycle? I remember hearing a blurb about it on NPR when it got chosen, but I haven't heard anything about it since

weren't there like two this year alone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ruffian Price posted:

When was the migrant caravan even supposed to be when Fox News got tired of the topic? You'd think they'd ramp up the coverage as it got closer

Oh man with a little infographic that inched across the bottom of the screen for a few months?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i didn't donate for the pants but iirc it was a pretty dramatic oversimplification, the goon and their partner were in dire straits (like $20 for the next month), had skills to get hired as a programmer, had an interview lined up, and had nothing to wear and LF donated like $1200 which is like a month's expenses for 2 people in a city. like pants were one of the immediate needs but people weren't donating for pants they were donating to help get folks on their feet

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The caravan covered half the remaining distance yesterday! It's expected to cover half of the remaining distance again today

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hear this caravan is led by a coyote called “Zeno”.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

more falafel please posted:

i didn't donate for the pants but iirc it was a pretty dramatic oversimplification, the goon and their partner were in dire straits (like $20 for the next month), had skills to get hired as a programmer, had an interview lined up, and had nothing to wear and LF donated like $1200 which is like a month's expenses for 2 people in a city. like pants were one of the immediate needs but people weren't donating for pants they were donating to help get folks on their feet

and then he bought some hideous g-star getup instead of more formal clothes for an interview (which he never went to)

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Platystemon posted:

when chuds decided that the resistance web radio promoting this show was anti‐Trump

When they decided the same thing about NPR's annual broadcasting/tweeting of the text of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Goku is Muslim?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dave Concepcion posted:

and then he bought some hideous g-star getup instead of more formal clothes for an interview (which he never went to)

another success story from something awful

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Goku is Muslim?

How do you think Goku acquired the Dragon Balls?

Through jihad.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Thinking about the terrorist pretzel reminded me of the one journalist that chucked a shoe at W and say what you will, but the president had some impressive dodging reflexes.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

christmas boots posted:

Thinking about the terrorist pretzel reminded me of the one journalist that chucked a shoe at W and say what you will, but the president had some impressive dodging reflexes.

That guy owns, has a top tier twitter shitposting game, and threw BOTH shoes, one after the other. And yeah Dubya just dodged em and was fine with it. Meanwhile look up the footage of Hillary when someone threw shoes at her, just shameful.

Remember when Hillary's campaign got hacked and we found out Podesta and the guy from Blink 182 were UFOlogist pals?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

chairface posted:

Remember when Hillary's campaign got hacked and we found out Podesta and the guy from Blink 182 were UFOlogist pals?

Look up Harry Reid and his association with Robert Bigelow and Skinwalker Ranch if you want to see some real fun stuff.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The pretzel was a cover. W got blackout drunk and passed out hitting his head

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

paul_soccer12 posted:

The pretzel was a cover. W got blackout drunk and passed out hitting his head

see also his segway crash

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

chairface posted:

That guy owns, has a top tier twitter shitposting game, and threw BOTH shoes, one after the other. And yeah Dubya just dodged em and was fine with it. Meanwhile look up the footage of Hillary when someone threw shoes at her, just shameful.

he's also a homophobic misogynist. ah well

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Spergin Morlock posted:

Nobody's perfect, and hey, he chucked his shoes at Dubya. Whoever it was that shoe-tossed Hillary probably isn't ideal either.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Spergin Morlock posted:

I don’t think that’s why he threw the shoe at him though

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
"you forgot Poland"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
In the October 13, 2015, CNN Democratic Debate, when asked, "Which enemy are you most proud of?", Webb stated, "I'd have to say, the enemy soldier that threw the grenade that wounded me, but he's not around right now to talk to."[13]

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

In the October 13, 2015, CNN Democratic Debate, when asked, "Which enemy are you most proud of?", Webb stated, "I'd have to say, the enemy soldier that threw the grenade that wounded me, but he's not around right now to talk to."[13]

that was the highlight for me of the entire 2016 election cycle tbh. just refreshingly honest

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dreylad posted:

that was the highlight for me of the entire 2016 election cycle tbh. just refreshingly honest

Webb was probably my favorite insane candidate, straight up. The way he smiled while he talked about offing that person was just insane. I was having a debate watch party at my house for that and everyone basically stopped and holy shitted.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Lincoln Chafee giving the worst answer in the history of debates when he tried to make an excuse for his Glass-Steagal vote by saying his Dad died and he was real hosed up and didn’t know what he was doing.

His Dad held the same seat before him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Spergin Morlock posted:

Aww man, really? He liked it when I posted thanking him for his service and calling him handsome... Alas

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Lincoln Chafee giving the worst answer in the history of debates when he tried to make an excuse for his Glass-Steagal vote by saying his Dad died and he was real hosed up and didn’t know what he was doing.

His Dad held the same seat before him.

A common recurrence among legacy admissions

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Back in the 90's there was this guy, Eliot Spitzer, and whenever he was the subject of an article in the local newspaper they would use a photo of him making this face

in retrospect I suspect the editors did not like mr. spitzer much

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Now I'm thinking of that time earlier this year when everyone was reminded of him because one of Buttigieg's staff was topless in a hot tub getting her toes sucked on by Spitzer in front of a bunch of kids lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lis Smith

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945314&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=1

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsNqugzaiXA

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

remember when trump blew up a Persian general

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Tubgoat