Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

now that i've figured out gifs, I may just go insane

I like this, but maybe switch the font up a little? TG is small enough at that font that it looks almost like 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I used the D&D font. I’ll find something more suitable. Unfortunately due to compression, I end up losing tons of resolution on any text I put in.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Dr. Lunchables posted:

now that i've figured out gifs, I may just go insane

This looks good!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I tried to tweak it a little

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I hosed around with some stuff and got it looking less wonky:

I don't play with space Barbies but I play CoC, so I like this one!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Give it a little time

Edit: Adjusted the timing on the spruecrons just a little

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 24, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

PoptartsNinja posted:

Give it a little time

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GeneralTepidBrant-mobile.mp4

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Coward posted:

Can someone do something with Blackleaf, D&D experience getting membership in a Witch's coven, or anything else from the Jack Chick tract?

Yeah. OK.

edit: fixed version

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 25, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK here's a full list, as best as I can cobble it together, with categories.

We are going to have a vote soon. Categories with only one entry automatically win! But only if at least one goon wants that tag.

There are some categories with no tags in them: haven't seen anything specific to Magic the Gathering, World of Darkness, Poker in the Rear, Werewolf/Mafia games, etc.

There are some categories that have tags that just say Traditional Games even though they're specific due to font choice, like the Mythos one. Animating them to have something game-specific might make sense.

:orks::frogsiren:24 hours, if there's no new entries by this time tomorrow I'm going to start voting:frogsiren::orks:

General TG

Night Horrors

Call of Cthulhu / Mythos

Minis painting/tabletop wargames (generic)

D&D

Warhammer 40k

FATAL & Friends

PbtA/BitD/storygames

Exalted

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's old, and probably too small.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I am deeply torn between The Magical Realm and bitchin' wizards. I think, on the balance, I must vote for - and request - the Magical Realm. Dark Era: 2020 is clearly the superior WoD tag in the absence of a Shitposter Recognition Guide one, though.

EDIT:
Holy poo poo how did I miss https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=509045867#post509045867 it's a work of art

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

crop this for board games gang plz

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I want that Mythos tag. If we have to limit our tags, I will throw off the shackles of Tom Nook and cease being a Raccoon Goon.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
can I anti-vote magical realm? We ill need a whizzard here!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

LeSquide posted:

can I anti-vote magical realm? We ill need a whizzard here!

Meet me out back of the FLGS thems fighting words

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The Night Horrors tags were meant to be WoD thread tags, though I imagine the Pentex round table comic one will win handily anyway.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

low effort World of Darkness entry

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Ooh, if only I had done some "graduate your game" riff for an Exalted tag. Maybe one with Chompy or something.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

As an Arkham Horror lifer (my only contribution to this board was an F&F write-up of the AH LCG's rules) I will extremely take a Mythos tag.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Loomer posted:

Meet me out back of the FLGS thems fighting words

There's nothing I can do to you that's worse than what tracking down V:tM historigraphy has already done :smith:

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Bottom Liner posted:

I can't make it readable, is there a source image?

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

Leperflesh posted:

OK here's a full list, as best as I can cobble it together, with categories.

We are going to have a vote soon. Categories with only one entry automatically win! But only if at least one goon wants that tag.

There are some categories with no tags in them: haven't seen anything specific to Magic the Gathering, World of Darkness, Poker in the Rear, Werewolf/Mafia games, etc.

There are some categories that have tags that just say Traditional Games even though they're specific due to font choice, like the Mythos one. Animating them to have something game-specific might make sense.

:orks::frogsiren:24 hours, if there's no new entries by this time tomorrow I'm going to start voting:frogsiren::orks:
I didn't do the Magical Realm one. It was also That Old Tree.

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

Bottom Liner posted:

Here ya go, I am lovely at photoshop, so maybe someone can make it better. (edit, I made it slightly better)

nomadotto fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 27, 2020

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

This is the best I got

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I guess I should post this here instead of just in the SR thread

someone can resize it or aspect it correctly i dunno

edit: Sir, it's evolving.

e2: fixed a little thing that was bugging me

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 27, 2020

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

If we're down to last minute choices for a WoD/CofD tag, I might as well throw in the only badge of honor I can think of, referencing the famous splash page from Subsidiaries: A Guide to Pentex:

And its most relatable detail, zoomed in and reimagined in glorious high definition, the one thing that WoD and CofD fans can probably all get behind:

Probably could come back and try to crop it a little better, but if we're coming down to the wire I might as well belch it out now as an option.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Pixelmator on my phone keeps mangling the text. If this doesn’t come out right I’ll redo it in photoshop tomorrow

Edit: a couple more

manero fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 27, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

owns

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah I think that one’s my favorite!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

TotalHell posted:

Took a shot at this, but it's admittedly hard to get enough of their faces in frame when gangtags tend to be wide rather than portrait-y.

This one, but...

That Old Tree posted:

Oo, definitely!

... switch the Trad Games text from this one with this gif, but have the character slowly slide in from the right. Then have the text blocks follow

If I can only have one though it's the no sense of right or wrong. Just beautiful.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

manero posted:

Pixelmator on my phone keeps mangling the text. If this doesn’t come out right I’ll redo it in photoshop tomorrow

i will throw my voice in for this

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

That Old Tree posted:

Oo, definitely!

hell yeah, this is the one

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

manero posted:

Gimme some fuckin cubes lmao

You need the lmao to really sell it. That middle one is probably the best for boardgames.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's old, and probably too small.

Old is good, and there's no minimum size! But also that one already exists, right? If it does, I can add it to BTech goons without needing to get an admin to upload it first, but I'll need the actual SA-hosted URL, so we gotta find someone who has that tag.

mellonbread posted:

I didn't do the Magical Realm one. It was also That Old Tree.

Oh! Sorry I copied all the quotes into a text file and then tried to pare them down for size and get them organized and I probably hosed up somehow. I'll fix it when I put up a final list for voting.

I Am Just a Box posted:

Probably could come back and try to crop it a little better, but if we're coming down to the wire I might as well belch it out now as an option.

Yeah needs to be shorter.

That Old Tree posted:

The Night Horrors tags were meant to be WoD thread tags, though I imagine the Pentex round table comic one will win handily anyway.

OHHHhhhhh, okay I didn't get it lol

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Old is good, and there's no minimum size! But also that one already exists, right? If it does, I can add it to BTech goons without needing to get an admin to upload it first, but I'll need the actual SA-hosted URL, so we gotta find someone who has that tag.

It doesn't, to my knowledge? I made it as a possible emoticon before gangtags existed, but it was far too large. If it was actually used somewhere I have no knowledge of it.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The forum is in a sorry state if king phillp hasn't been suggested for the board game tag.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

It doesn't, to my knowledge? I made it as a possible emoticon before gangtags existed, but it was far too large. If it was actually used somewhere I have no knowledge of it.

I guess I've just seen it tons of times in your battletech LP, lol. No worries, it's a fine submission!

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

quote:

These are both brilliant.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Magic the Gathering: