Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That's loving pathetic. There's already a program to completely forgive the debts of people who work in these "public service" jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm not healthy enough to do that poo poo but somehow healthy enough to not be given social security or get my debt discharged through disability. It's like they're rubbing my face in it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol. the military at least repays a bunch of your loans for you or gives you (mostly, sort of) free college.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
five years gets you 50k which isn't completely awful i guess but gently caress anyone who isn't starting from the 'abolish all student debt' position and gently caress joe

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

FURZKOMMANDO posted:

Red pill me on leftist YouTube that isn't breadtube garbage

They're called podcasts op.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
cast my vote for Howie today

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

how do i get the gold Swing State tag? I was ballot 00003 in my township, if it counts.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

FURZKOMMANDO posted:

I only watch her videos on specific topics, not the streams where she's doing whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neI-ol2AowM

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

LOL We just GAVE AWAY $5,000,000,000,000+ TO CORPORATIONS THAT PISSED AWAY ALL THEIR GOD-drat loving SAVINGS IN STOCK BUYBACKS LIKE IT WAS loving NOTHING. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, only $10,000 for normal people if they jump through a bunch of means-tested hoops. gently caress JOE BIDEN.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao 10k doesn't even cover a semester anymore

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I wasn't planning on voting at all but ended up pulling the lever for the Howdawg. The Howster. Ol' Howard.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Code Jockey posted:

sitting at the vet's office parking lot (my idiot dog ate grapes) and watched a giant Trump car parade go by, like it lasted at least 20 minutes with cars absolutely covered in flags and signs

and it occurred to me, where is this kind of enthusiasm for Joe? can you even imagine people getting into their cars and organizing a parade for Joe Biden lol

Just caught one by accident in AZ, it went on for at least a half an hour long before I tapped out.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

They're called podcasts op.

yeah listen to citations needed like an adult

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DoomTrainPhD posted:

LOL We just GAVE AWAY $5,000,000,000,000+ TO CORPORATIONS THAT PISSED AWAY ALL THEIR GOD-drat loving SAVINGS IN STOCK BUYBACKS LIKE IT WAS loving NOTHING. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, only $10,000 for normal people if they jump through a bunch of means-tested hoops. gently caress JOE BIDEN.

Don't forget Project Warp Speed pumping up big pharma stocks so they can peddle vaccine treatments which have zero historical track or even producing successful medicines since many of the companies like Moderna never got approval for anything they developed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

cenotaph posted:

I only watch her videos on specific topics, not the streams where she's doing whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neI-ol2AowM

books are boring yeah but so is a 41 minute youtube video

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

miniscule12 posted:

yeah listen to citations needed like an adult

The latest ep on climate change was better than the last few. But trueanon is my pod of choice

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Serf posted:

The title is stupid the content is good.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

gross

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This better be some bad attempt at satire that I'm too tired and dumb to understand <:mad:>

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

the_steve posted:

This better be some bad attempt at satire that I'm too tired and dumb to understand <:mad:>

It's a reference to the meme of voting defeating hitler. Combined with Contra's latest video about voting for joe biden.

The meme makes fun of the gap in the severity/urgency with the situation (dealing with hitler's rise to power) and the miniscule act of voting to counteract it.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

why can't minnesotans get a swing state golden tag? we were like 1 percent aweay from being won by TRUMP!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

if i show u my ballot with howie marked in, can i get it?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

That's loving pathetic. There's already a program to completely forgive the debts of people who work in these "public service" jobs.

Back when I worked at a nonprofit the shithead exec director constantly refused to make slight structural changes that would have made our underpaid attorney eligible for that program. Also, republicans were constantly trying to cancel it. LOL at the idea of anyone being able to rely on government benefits existing for 10 years in america

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

FURZKOMMANDO posted:

I don't know of any. Seems best to just listen to podcasts and not get any politics from Youtube at all

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vim Fuego posted:

Back when I worked at a nonprofit the shithead exec director constantly refused to make slight structural changes that would have made our underpaid attorney eligible for that program. Also, republicans were constantly trying to cancel it. LOL at the idea of anyone being able to rely on government benefits existing for 10 years in america

Yeah they haven't given the debt relief to teachers who've earned it for like the whole Trump administration, so apparently this promise of debt relief for public service is only valid under Democratic administrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, the military will currently pay off over 50,000 dollars of your student loan debt.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Your little game is over Hitler. I just voted for Hindenburg :smug:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
oh the joemanity

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Serf posted:

You mean 20.5 minutes I assume.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

PawParole posted:

why can't minnesotans get a swing state golden tag? we were like 1 percent aweay from being won by TRUMP!

According to 538 MN has a 5% chance of casting the decisive vote, you're getting robbed!

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

That's never going to happen and this is the replacement for that, since Biden will replace it.

My spouse is a social worker and they were extremely disappointed when I told them that particular law had been written to take effect far enough in the future that it was going to get cancelled before it ever had a chance to actually pay people back.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Incelshok Na posted:

That's never going to happen and this is the replacement for that, since Biden will replace it.

My spouse is a social worker and they were extremely disappointed when I told them that particular law had been written to take effect far enough in the future that it was going to get cancelled before it ever had a chance to actually pay people back.

Wasn't there like a handful of people that got it?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

PerniciousKnid posted:

According to 538 MN has a 5% chance of casting the decisive vote, you're getting robbed!

The swing states were decided before trump got rona lol

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Pingui posted:

Wasn't there like a handful of people that got it?

Probably just enough to trot them out every 4 years and say that it worked so when my opponent says it never happened they are lying.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Hit me with another NoJoe tag, I triggered 700 bees and he removed mine.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I wrote in Howie here in PA. The funny bit is that we had other Green party candidates on the ballot for local positions despite the Dems using spurious legal reasoning to boot Howie from the ballot, including AG, so I voted for them, too.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
slightly off-topic and into metanarrative: is cspam closing because jeffery already got a secret service visit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
It's not actually closing. Jeffery vs Jeffrey. It was a grade A joke.