Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Goddamn I like this lady. Thorough and utter ownage. Put that in the lol column for me please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

ICHIBAHN posted:

Where's the covid thread? wanna read about vaccines
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911826

It’s called “We Are All Gonna Die,” FYI

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Frank Frank posted:

Goddamn I like this lady. Thorough and utter ownage. Put that in the lol column for me please.

I wish I still lived in Texas so I could vote for this badass.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Frank Frank posted:

I'm just picturing exactly how conservatives, especially conservative women, react to a person like that, and it's really sad and upsetting.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
TX goons pls make Hegar win thx

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Trump cocaine eyes got me real good.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

merci

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Cornyn's running ads saying she's "too liberal for Texas" and showing her riding a motorcycle and talking about how you shouldn't be aisle-reaching and just go hard on your policies, as though subservient women who are delicate and don't ride motorcycles and :decorum: are somehow cool.

Imagine running an ad on your opponent and showing them riding a hog and wearing a leather jacket n poo poo. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:hmbol::hmbol::hmbol::hmbol:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

boethius posted:

I wish I still lived in Texas so I could vote for this badass.

I already voted, no clue if she was on my ballot though. :/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

has donalde trunp lost yet

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Squiddycat posted:

has donalde trunp lost yet

he loses every day

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Obsidianheart posted:

Hey, what game?

railway empire

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I'm watching the COVID doc (lol, I bet they're gonna have to make a sequel) on Hulu called "under control" and jfc just seeing everything that has happened all at once with trumops response is pissing me off so much

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Catastrophe posted:

TX goons pls make Hegar win thx

I voted for her. I smiled when I marked that race. :dance:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1320105785100304384

lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I wonder who loses the popular vote by a larger margin, McSally in AZ or Trump in the US.

I am lol at both

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

THE REPUBLICANS LAUGH NOW, BUT WILL THEY BE LAUGHING WHEN JOE BIDEN DISSOLVES THE SUPREME COURT ENTIRELY?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Barrett legit scares me, she has that loving religious zealot insanity.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Barrett legit scares me, she has that loving religious zealot insanity.

If you're a white and a man nothing to worry about really. If not sorry you gonna have a tough time when handmaid's tale becomes real life!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Squiddycat posted:

THE REPUBLICANS LAUGH NOW, BUT WILL THEY BE LAUGHING WHEN JOE BIDEN DISSOLVES THE SUPREME COURT ENTIRELY?

The thing that bothers me is even if Biden wins and tries to work with them the Republicans will just jerk him and everything around as much as they can ala Obama's second term. Even then on things Biden should do like pack the courts he might not in that bid to work with rather than against and of course the Republicans will Republican.

The Democrats never go all in when they should.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Castor Poe posted:

Lol at my presidential state

it probably has more to do with keeping them in school or daycare so the parents can both keep working

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1320108872976224262

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Incredible.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/1320033601224933381?s=19

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hopefully, the Democrats have learned their lesson and know they have to change the filibuster if anything is gonna get done. The republicans are simply not operating in good faith and will never come around to a compromise, they'll fight you over something for a year and then when the sides are reversed they'll shamelessly ignore their previous position.

If Biden wins, the dems take the senate and expand their house(which is a very likley outcome,) we could be headed into an era of progress and reform if the democratic senate finally destroys the roadblock that Mitch has decided to use on everything. If they don't, the republicans will be able to stop any and all government functions. The dems can't gently caress around anymore.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Grondoth posted:

The dems can't gently caress around anymore.

But...

They will.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Grondoth posted:

That's Traflagar, who adds a random amount of points to Trump in their polls because they think there's a huge number of people who refuse to say they'll vote for Trump when polled.

i honestly don't get this. like, what do the chuds think will happen if they say they support trump to some marketing research rando over the phone? laugh uncontrollably in their face? shame them for being such a lovely person?

i mean....they SHOULD do all those, but they're not going to cause they're goddamned market researchers.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Obsidianheart posted:

But...

They will.

The only comfort I have about this is the sort of poo poo even the succiest dems are saying. Obama saying we should kill the filibuster to pass voting rights legislation, Biden openly talking about sunsetting gas wells in 5 years, Chris Coons coming out in favor of packing the court...

It feels like the party, after getting a face full of fascism, realized they have to like... fight back? Or all is lost? I donno. Feinstein will still hug republicans, though

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Zugzwang posted:

Isn't Mensa full of insufferable chuds? Who would bother to join such an organization anyway?

This is from a while back, but I will tell my long, boring arse MENSA story:

Many years ago, on the Australian version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, one of the guys that got up to the final question was Molly Meldrum, a noted moron who famously forgot Prince Charles' name live on TV. It was revealed that he was a member of MENSA. I was outraged, and there was no way that I was going to let that dumbarse be quantitatively smarter than me. So I contacted them, and signed up, (also paid the $85) to do their IQ tests. It turns out I got in the 97th percentile in one of their tests and 99th in the other. This is proof enough of my cleverosity for me to become a member, and because I did their test, I get my first year fees waived. They also gave me a badly laminated membership card, that I used to pull out to jokingly claim I was better than everyone, and which always got me roundly and justifiably mocked. I wish I still had it, but it has been lost to the ages.

I only went to one MENSA meeting. It was a lunch in the CBD, and it was about 10 or so middle aged businessmen in suits whinging about problems their companies had with email servers or some such. Boring, bland and poo poo. I never went again, and didn't renew my membership.

So to answer the question of why people would ever consider joining MENSA: to prove they are at least as smart as an Australian former TV star.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Many years ago, on the Australian version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, one of the guys that got up to the final question was Molly Meldrum, a noted moron who famously forgot Prince Charles' name live on TV. It was revealed that he was a member of MENSA. I was outraged, and there was no way that I was going to let that dumbarse be quantitatively smarter than me. So I contacted them, and signed up, (also paid the $85) to do their IQ tests. It turns out I got in the 97th percentile in one of their tests and 99th in the other. This is proof enough of my cleverosity for me to become a member, and because I did their test, I get my first year fees waived. They also gave me a badly laminated membership card, that I used to pull out to jokingly claim I was better than everyone, and which always got me roundly and justifiably mocked. I wish I still had it, but it has been lost to the ages.

I only went to one MENSA meeting. It was a lunch in the CBD, and it was about 10 or so middle aged businessmen in suits whinging about problems their companies had with email servers or some such. Boring, bland and poo poo. I never went again, and didn't renew my membership.

So to answer the question of why people would ever consider joining MENSA: to prove they are at least as smart as an Australian former TV star.

Congratulations, you figured out the grift.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I want them to pack the supreme court. Add 6 justices, IDGAF.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

BrigadierSensible posted:

Or as smart as Franco, the goon whose brain done plum give out due to too much Doobie.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ElGroucho posted:

The fact that trump didn’t die of COVID proves there is no god

OR it's Sithrak the blind gibberer who hates you unconditionally.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Virginia Slams posted:

If you're a white and a man nothing to worry about really. If not sorry you gonna have a tough time when handmaid's tale becomes real life!

I'm white and a man but married to a woman who if by some failure of birth control got pregnant we'd get an abortion as quickly as possible. That shitbird can definitely make my life more difficult. To say nothing of the fact that she enables and empowers the theocratic types who unironically lust for a handmaid's tale society. People who want to outlaw birth control and hang abortion providers. gently caress her and gently caress them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AlexMohajer/status/1320116021194158080

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grondoth posted:

The only comfort I have about this is the sort of poo poo even the succiest dems are saying. Obama saying we should kill the filibuster to pass voting rights legislation, Biden openly talking about sunsetting gas wells in 5 years, Chris Coons coming out in favor of packing the court...

It feels like the party, after getting a face full of fascism, realized they have to like... fight back? Or all is lost? I donno. Feinstein will still hug republicans, though

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/1320065585141534720?s=20

Might poo poo actually happen on the filibuster?

The whole point of the Senate's archaic rules is that it's supposed to be a chummier body where senators from opposing sides socialize and hash things out. The Republicans have destroyed this, so why keep the rules that allowed Strom Thurmond to fight off Civil Rights legislation?

Of course, the other problem with the filibuster is that what we've had for as long as I can remember is a "friendly filibuster," where a senator, in most cases, need only threaten to filibuster, and it had the force of the filibuster. Force those fuckers to actually stand there with a piss bucket and filibuster! Let's get some C-Span footage of fuckheads like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul relieving themselves in a bucket. If the GOP senators want to drag it out for as many days as they have members, let them! Let's get 30 days straight of GOP'ers standing and talking for 24 hours at a time, pissing in buckets!

Trump would love it. :pisstape:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nocheez posted:

I want them to pack the supreme court. Add 6 justices, IDGAF.

why not go all the way and make every us citizen a supreme court justice?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think it's reasonable to say that even if you do not expect a regime to directly oppress your personal demographic, you still probably do not want a general degradation of your society to occur.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:stonklol: Oh... cool. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Grondoth posted:

Where does this kind of delusion come from? It's a election of course they're saying this poo poo they want to win it, because when they win it the people they actually care about give them money. They're going to go right back to doing whatever the people that pay their bribes want as soon as they're in government. It's what's happened literally every single other time why would it be any different this time?