Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Primal Age Batcave for $17

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFCXCLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dlC_Eh2KFbCYWHBPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Lencho posted:

MAFEX has been knocking it out of the park lately:

Pre-orders are up on HLJ and Amiami.

Am I better off preordering from HLJ or Amiami?

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Am I better off preordering from HLJ or Amiami?

HLJ usually has better shipping rates and the private warehouse feature is pretty useful. Amiami usually has a bigger selection and sometimes better prices.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hasbro posted an article about the icons in the side of gi joe boxes. In case anyone was wondering what some of them meant.

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/unboxed/gi-joe-classified-series-iconography

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Lencho posted:

HLJ usually has better shipping rates and the private warehouse feature is pretty useful. Amiami usually has a bigger selection and sometimes better prices.

That doesn’t answer my question at all! :colbert:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

imo HLJ is better. Good customer service, they let you cancel, and they always have gunpla in stock to pad out an order.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Just look at that cape :love::allears:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aww hell it's soft goods

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

That doesn’t answer my question at all! :colbert:

Sorry! I prefer HLJ for single orders so I think you'll be good if you order from them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Speaking of Japanese toy sites, Amiami is shipping the second of those big fancy FF7 figures now. As was foretold, it's Barret.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Got all the Fox Xmen I wanted. Might pick up magneto/Charles, but we’ll see

They’re really awesome.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How much does something like that Azbats usually go for?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

About $80 from Japan.

More from the US, but often shipping may work in your favor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're about an hour from being Chicago Toy Show bound, found out the guy who owns Eternia Dreams will be there so we're gonna try and catch up with him. Pixel Dan also goes every year so I'll try to shame him about Megapolis.

Edit: Goal for the show: find the 3 PoG Dinosaurs complete for under $800 total.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 24, 2020

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Sanschel posted:

Just look at that cape :love::allears:

Oh god... I loved that character as a kid (Xtreme '90s!) And that looks about perfect. Do those scale well with other 1:12 figures, like Mezco? I'd love to pair him with my Mezco Sovereign Knight Bats.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Close enough that it won't look weird.

(Not an endorsement. Found it on GIS.)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Close enough that it won't look weird.

(Not an endorsement. Found it on GIS.)

Is that lighting or are the Mafex and Mezco ones packing some serious heat?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RevKrule posted:

Is that lighting or are the Mafex and Mezco ones packing some serious heat?

Cyclops is indeed a one eyed monster of myth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Mafex is lighting. The Mezco does in fact have a bulge sculpted into his internal body.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s why Jean keeps coming back.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

It’s why Jean Logan keeps coming back.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Batman #500 is still one of my favorite single Batman issues. That Azbats figure is really only missing the heavy blacks used to accent the blues on the head and cape.

This and the animated style figure have given the original Azbats costume a lot of love that is usually reserved for the revised costume from later on in his run as Batman.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is Batman #500 the one where AzBats fights Bane and derail a subway train or something? Because that fight was fantastic.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Xenomrph posted:

Is Batman #500 the one where AzBats fights Bane and derail a subway train or something? Because that fight was fantastic.

Pretty sure 500 is the one where he makes the AzBats suit. I remember him fighting Bane and complaining to himself that the cape creates too much drag.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, he starts in Bruce's costume, but with the AzBats gauntlets, then has the AzBats costume by the end.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Rhyno idk what kind of time you have but pixel Dan posted a sweet video about a store I've never been to in Chicago. He talks about some great looking motu books, I'm definitely looking this place up now (toy de jour).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

We're about an hour from being Chicago Toy Show bound, found out the guy who owns Eternia Dreams will be there so we're gonna try and catch up with him. Pixel Dan also goes every year so I'll try to shame him about Megapolis.

Edit: Goal for the show: find the 3 PoG Dinosaurs complete for under $800 total.

Where are you driving from?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

Rhyno idk what kind of time you have but pixel Dan posted a sweet video about a store I've never been to in Chicago. He talks about some great looking motu books, I'm definitely looking this place up now (toy de jour).

TD is appointment only and I'm waiting to hear back from them about going in on Monday!

The_Doctor posted:

Where are you driving from?

NE Indiana. We go to our hotel about half an hour ago, we opted to stay in a much nicer place about 5 miles from the show.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, he starts in Bruce's costume, but with the AzBats gauntlets, then has the AzBats costume by the end.

Azbats costume shows up at the beginning of the second act. Several pages are spent with him gliding through the city, and really selling how cool the new suit is before the Bane fight starts. Bane blocking those razor blades batarangs with his arm seemed to intense as an eight year old that wasn’t used to seeing blood in a comic. The fight still holds up luckily. Aparo brings his A game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mike Manley drew the second half of the book.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

TD is appointment only and I'm waiting to hear back from them about going in on Monday!

NE Indiana. We go to our hotel about half an hour ago, we opted to stay in a much nicer place about 5 miles from the show.

The official show hotel is the Comfort Inn in Geneva (there's room trading Weds-Fri), but I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn up in St Charles. Much, much nicer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the hotel we're at!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That's the hotel we're at!

Yay! The breakfast waitress will be either a lovely woman or horrible crabby old woman.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got the Figma Twilight Princess Zelda today and its really neat.

I haven't had Figmas before. Most of my other fancy Japanese toys have been Figurarts/Monsterarts. Is this level of articulation and accessories what they normally have?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're here!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shiroc posted:

I haven't had Figmas before. Most of my other fancy Japanese toys have been Figurarts/Monsterarts. Is this level of articulation and accessories what they normally have?

Accessory wise roughly, but it depends on the character. Like the recent Fire Emblem Edelgard only comes with an axe (plus the usual faceplate and hands) because there’s not really anything else you can give her.

Persona 5 characters come with their melee weapon, their gun, and usually one extra thing (Joker has Morgana, Makoto has a calling card etc.)

They do seem to aim to give everyone 2 things when possible, and if their 2 things are small an extra or two.

They also occasionally do a Deluxe version like the TP Link which included basically his entire arsenal from the game.

Articulation is mostly consistent, on occasion someone has a costume that might restrict the arms or legs compared to someone who’s just in superhero spandex or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was EXCELLENT.

I snagged a Monstroid, complete Wind Raider, Snout Spout and 10 200X figures MOC!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That was EXCELLENT.

I snagged a Monstroid, complete Wind Raider, Snout Spout and 10 200X figures MOC!

Well lets see. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We were driving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiroc posted:

Yes. Most Figmas are super great, I've got a bunch of them. Their Silent Hill 2 Pyramid Head figure is fantastic, as are their Samus figures (I've got one of her armored up, and one in her Zero Suit)