Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Poltergrift posted:

Note also Jaggs's one eye. I'm wondering whether dude might also be part of the mysterious Cycle as a Zeus/Odin-type figure.
Nah, it's just the only gift he ever received was a bb gun. Sadly, it to was destroyed the day he became a dead man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Darth Walrus posted:

I note that Jagganoth is missing the same eye Allison is going to lose. Is this going to end up being some kind of Odin thing?

Its the opposite eye

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Does Allison know any more about Jagganoth's plan than what Mottom told her?

The thing we're going to hate is a bunch of unreliable, self-interested power trippers all trying to sell Allison (and by extension the reader) on their different versions of The Big Picture.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

GunnerJ posted:

That's probably what I'm going to do once it's all over, but for now I want to see things from the same fish-out-of-water perspective as the main character (which is another reason I think I've avoided reading it).

Which is weird because she lives with two exposition dumps and has a demiurge living rent free in her head you'd think she'd have heard most of this lore by now, seeing as how she recognized our good pal Gog-Agog instantly.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bilirubin posted:

Which is weird because she lives with two exposition dumps and has a demiurge living rent free in her head you'd think she'd have heard most of this lore by now, seeing as how she recognized our good pal Gog-Agog instantly.

Our good pal Gog-Agog has/is PR firms.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yeah there are gog billboards around her house and everything

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Annihilating the universe isn’t really the same thing as murdering everyone who happens to be in the universe, is it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone pointed out to me that the only insight to Jagganoth's goals comes from Mottom, who is not necessarily a reliable source on what Jagganoth's motivations might be. His goal may not be to kill all life, but to kill anyone who has ambition to rule over creation. Leaving the noodle vendors, the home makers, the farmers, all the people Meti lauded as more deserving than any who has held a sword, alive.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

Is the thing we're gonna hate is Allison falling for Jag's scam?

What if.. it's not a scam?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Who What Now posted:

Someone pointed out to me that the only insight to Jagganoth's goals comes from Mottom, who is not necessarily a reliable source on what Jagganoth's motivations might be. His goal may not be to kill all life, but to kill anyone who has ambition to rule over creation. Leaving the noodle vendors, the home makers, the farmers, all the people Meti lauded as more deserving than any who has held a sword, alive.

Abaddon explicitly said on several occasions Jagganoth intends to annihilate all of creation, as he sees that life is inherently suffering thanks to his childhood.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
And Metatron/Michael are all in on this.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://www.existentialcomics.com/philosopher/David_Benatar

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Jagganoth did just murder an entire stadium full of innocent people, y'know.

Besides I think he's just Mottom. With a fancier hat. He could choose to not start killing people, and instead he chooses to keep doing it because he is a large baby.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Josef bugman posted:

With a fancier hat.

I agree with the rest but I have to ask, does the elaborate square roof on her head mean NOTHING to you???

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Joe Slowboat posted:

I agree with the rest but I have to ask, does the elaborate square roof on her head mean NOTHING to you???

She's teleporting straight in from her university graduation ceremony, nach.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

I like tusks on my hats, sue me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josef bugman posted:

Jagganoth did just murder an entire stadium full of innocent people, y'know.

Besides I think he's just Mottom. With a fancier hat. He could choose to not start killing people, and instead he chooses to keep doing it because he is a large baby.

They all are
Immortal god kings of the universe and yet are trapped by the most trivial of prisons, and decided to keep everyone else inside with them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pretty much. Like if you are upset or sad or depressed you don't choose to take out your damage on the entire universe via constant war.

That and I keep having visions of the two astronaut meme where it's just:

"So it's all just abusive learned behaviour and martial arts"

"Always has been"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I mean it makes sense that this would be the case, brain problems are always at least as strong as you because otherwise they wouldn't be problems. When you yourself are very strong compared to everyone else, your brain problems are everyone else's problem too.

In case anyone thinks this is unrealistic or somehow disappointing for being too simple, let me take a moment to gesture towards the people currently ruling the planet we all live on

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

Pretty much. Like if you are upset or sad or depressed you don't choose to take out your damage on the entire universe via constant war.

That and I keep having visions of the two astronaut meme where it's just:

"So it's all just abusive learned behaviour and martial arts"

"Always has been"
One Alisonaut and one Zossmonaut, surely.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:five:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:vince:
:vince:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

hahaha

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It's beautiful.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

holy poo poo

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Someone please tweet this at the author, it's amazing.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

The only correct philosopher

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

This is incredible.

What do you guys think will happen in the next few pages? Which demiurges will survive? I personally lean towards the deaths of Solomon David and Mammon, at least. I'm sure Incubus will die before the end of the comic, but that definitely won't be in combat vs Jagganoth.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jadis will survive purely because we haven't been introduced to her properly.

Mottom may die because we've already seen a lot of her and she doesn't care if she dies as she already considers herself to be at death's door now that she doesn't have a steady supply of immortality fruit.

The odds for Solomon are looking real bad.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm wondering who Incubus is going to stab in the back and when

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm wondering who Incubus is going to stab in the back and when

given the trust levels im pretty sure incubus can only stab himself in the back

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThaumPenguin posted:

Also she's a teleporter encased in a massive block and who knows the future, and thus all attacks will either fail to harm her or miss entirely. She may want to die, but she seems to be taking things seriously here so she's probably not going to let herself be offed that easily.

Mammon might be in trouble though; he's a big target and Jagganoth is scary. 000001 is also probably hosed if she makes an appearance, though if she doesn't and Mammon does fall here she's probably going to show up at least once more before the comic ends so she can attempt to get revenge, either directly or through aiding Allison.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Roland Jones posted:

Also she's a teleporter encased in a massive block and who knows the future, and thus all attacks will either fail to harm her or miss entirely. She may want to die, but she seems to be taking things seriously here so she's probably not going to let herself be offed that easily.

Mammon might be in trouble though; he's a big target and Jagganoth is scary. 000001 is also probably hosed if she makes an appearance, though if she doesn't and Mammon does fall here she's probably going to show up at least once more before the comic ends so she can attempt to get revenge, either directly or through aiding Allison.

I think Jadis believes she has a very specific circumstance where she is destined to die and has to follow through with all the intervening steps between where she is and there, which she foresaw when she saw a glimpse of the shape of the Universe.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

If Mammon dies 000001 is dramatically depowered though: a lot of her capability comes from the fact that she's Mammon's only emissary so she's running on a high percentage of his pure uncut godpower. That's probably the only reason she could go one-on-one with Mottom even for a little while.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 26, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mottom is definitely going to die. The only question is whether the comic ends before it happens.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ThaumPenguin posted:

Mottom may die because we've already seen a lot of her and she doesn't care if she dies as she already considers herself to be at death's door now that she doesn't have a steady supply of immortality fruit.

The odds for Solomon are looking real bad.

Yeah I feel like Dave is toast. It's the thing where since we've seen how powerful he is, seeing him die would immediately convey to the audience (and the characters in the comic) just how real poo poo has gotten.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I feel like Dave is toast. It's the thing where since we've seen how powerful he is, seeing him die would immediately convey to the audience (and the characters in the comic) just how real poo poo has gotten.

Also typically thematically the first or last thing to fall in a sieged kingdom is its King, and Rayuba's not doing so hot already. We've had the full run of his character arc, and the only thing left is a tragic end because he's sure as poo poo not able to step aside and let his people rule themselves now.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think Solomon is going to die in the next 3 pages and Mottom and Mammon might go down too, we've seen a lot of the three of them already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I think Maya's going to distract incubus at a crucial moment before he can set up his grand betrayal. No idea wtf is going to happen with Gog, but I can't wait to see it. Grandpa Dragon is probably going to bite it though. I doubt it'll happen but I'd like to see the return of Allico and also see Zaid freak right the gently caress out about it.