Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
NGU:
One of my wishes stopped working for some reason.
Neither the bar progresses or the Time to next level decreases.
Did anyone had this "bug"?
Any other wish works fine. It wouldn't be the end of the world but it's the last accessory slot wish :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Is it at like 4+ days? If so, there's a float rounding issue known to cause that.

Chug pots if you can to get it going, or wait til you have more emr3 to throw at it.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Enigma posted:

Is it at like 4+ days? If so, there's a float rounding issue known to cause that.

Chug pots if you can to get it going, or wait til you have more emr3 to throw at it.

yeah its 6+ days oh well guess I'll wait thanks

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Quick "thanks" to all the previous page posters helping get me back to the anthill. I do think it was just a combo of ascending too fast (immediately when I had the option), possibly activating corruptions (I put +2 into each one, trying to see what then did, I still don't understand), and just forgetting that e300-e800 is indeed a bit of a wall.

Back to ant farming this morning, though, much appreciated

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

for the wish bug you can also get progress for it offline

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

e: [Synergism chat]

So corruption is basically stacking debuffs that give a multiplier to your ascension score. This will allow you to start accumulating more than one tesseract (to buy tesseract buildings) with each ascension. Don't touch this until you are ascending in one pass through your challenges, it will be maybe a week away?

1 level of one corruption is a 2x multiplier, 2 levels of one is a 2.8x multiplier etc, so it will be better to spread your corruptions out than try to get up to lv 10 in one and 0 in all the rest.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

for the wish bug you can also get progress for it offline

That's true, I think the game calculates all the offline progress at once, which avoids the "every tick the progress rounds to zero" bug.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Synergism 2.0.6 update just went out, it now shows cubes/sec, tesseracts/sec, and hypercubes/sec at the top of the screen.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cliff posted:

1 level of one corruption is a 2x multiplier, 2 levels of one is a 2.8x multiplier etc, so it will be better to spread your corruptions out than try to get up to lv 10 in one and 0 in all the rest.

Well, it depends. Some are completely trivial (Financial Recession at 10 is a fat whatever), some are complete backbreakers (good luck trying to do poo poo with any more than 4 Market Deflation).

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Now that i have been in C14 for a few days, what is the store priorities?
On discord they use terms like "seasonal pass" and whatnot, i have no idea what they mean.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Ineptitude posted:

Now that i have been in C14 for a few days, what is the store priorities?
On discord they use terms like "seasonal pass" and whatnot, i have no idea what they mean.

The discord just added a rough guide that includes a shop priority. Seasonal pass is the upgrade that gives +3% cubes per ascension, in the bottom left (store 2x1?). Basic take away is you can drop all of the levels in ant speed, and make sure you have resurrection challenge completions maxed.

And if you do refund your store, remember to turn auto-rune and auto-research back on, I just spent 5 minutes staring at the start of an ascension wondering why I couldn't get past 80 challenge 1 completions.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Just reopened synergism for the first time in a month or so and a bunch of my poo poo is undefined and can't increase

:(

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I was realizing that Time Clickers appears to have no monetization at all? But they do have a couple of sequels/derivatives that are $10 and $20. So is their monetization strategy to release a free game and then release paid sequels? That's a twist on the usual model.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

I was realizing that Time Clickers appears to have no monetization at all? But they do have a couple of sequels/derivatives that are $10 and $20. So is their monetization strategy to release a free game and then release paid sequels? That's a twist on the usual model.

Time Clickers was basically just a proof of concept for all those games, no? One of them is an MMO (somehow), surely that has microtransactions.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grimey Drawer
Another Chronicle:

The Awaken Blazing Aura upgrade looks really goddamn good; once I get it, is it, like, use it once and it's stuck forever on whatever I put it on? Or is it possible to move it around? Seems like it'd be hella good on Snake early for the stat boosts, but I don't want to waste it if it's a one-time thing and there's something better down the line.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Thanatosian posted:

Another Chronicle:

The Awaken Blazing Aura upgrade looks really goddamn good; once I get it, is it, like, use it once and it's stuck forever on whatever I put it on? Or is it possible to move it around? Seems like it'd be hella good on Snake early for the stat boosts, but I don't want to waste it if it's a one-time thing and there's something better down the line.

You don't use it on anything. It's basically a way to dump excess seeds to get combat stats, but diminishing returns set in hard after the first couple hundred, giving you around +20 to combat stats. Get all your other stat upgrade actions first, they're more intuition efficient and don't require the extra step of feeding them seeds

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Arbetor posted:

The discord just added a rough guide that includes a shop priority.

Nice

Also this taught me that i can do C11 with corruptions and essentially double my cube/sec

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
What does the Retry Challenges button in Synergism do anyway?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Red Minjo posted:

What does the Retry Challenges button in Synergism do anyway?

It retries challenges. So if you can complete 10 iterations of a challenge, it will keep rerunning it when it completes. The default behavior is that it runs the challenge and then exits when the challenge is finished.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

It retries challenges. So if you can complete 10 iterations of a challenge, it will keep rerunning it when it completes. The default behavior is that it runs the challenge and then exits when the challenge is finished.

I was still confused by this description until I tried it on a new ascension. Putting it on stopped challenge 1 from restarting the sweep after it completed one tick of challenges, so that's neat.

e: and now I understand it even better. It keeps the ball rolling and sends you to the next rank of the challenge which forces you to choose to leave instead of automatically booting you out on completion.

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 25, 2020

Musluk
May 23, 2011

So 4G and I did a small thing to entice people to throw their hard earned materials into the void for nebulous rewards in NGU industries.

Introducing the Muslukk pit:

https://i.imgur.com/Be7SsxJ.mp4

And if you feed the beast a few more times...

https://i.imgur.com/IDkgOL2.mp4

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

Musluk fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 26, 2020

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey so Synergism... How the gently caress am I supposed to progress through Challenge 8, the Cost++ one? It seems like an absolute hard wall. I have every research from the first three lines fully cleared, every achievement plausible by this point, 75 completions on every challenge prior to Reduced Diamonds (63), every upgrade that I could find and my Runes are at roughly the mid 300's. The only thing I CAN upgrade is Runes but getting them to cap is going to take a really long time. Is it just a hard wall until I do that?

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Incremental Skill Tree is neat little game. Not too interesting, but if you want to click buttons and make numbers go up for few hours (my game time was bit over 3 hours with tad unoptimal play), it might be worth playing.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey so Synergism... How the gently caress am I supposed to progress through Challenge 8, the Cost++ one? It seems like an absolute hard wall. I have every research from the first three lines fully cleared, every achievement plausible by this point, 75 completions on every challenge prior to Reduced Diamonds (63), every upgrade that I could find and my Runes are at roughly the mid 300's. The only thing I CAN upgrade is Runes but getting them to cap is going to take a really long time. Is it just a hard wall until I do that?

You need somewhere in the neighborhood of e700-800 particles to complete C8. Keep getting additional researches, upgrading your runes, and buying particle buildings and you'll get there. Duplication and Thrift runes are going to be the most important to your progression up to e800 (they reduce taxes), while SI is important for obtainium. Speed and Prism are less useful, although not entirely useless.

Feel free to post your save (in pastebin or similar).

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Banemaster posted:

Incremental Skill Tree is neat little game. Not too interesting, but if you want to click buttons and make numbers go up for few hours (my game time was bit over 3 hours with tad unoptimal play), it might be worth playing.

This is an interesting entry in the genre, but I am completely over the entire genre's gimmick.

Buy upgrades!
Buy an upgrade that resets the previous upgrades!
Buy an upgrade that makes it so buying the previous upgrades doesn't reset upgrades!
Buy an upgrade that resets all the previous upgrades, including the upgrade that stops previous upgrades from resetting upgrades!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Arbetor posted:

This is an interesting entry in the genre, but I am completely over the entire genre's gimmick.

Buy upgrades!
Buy an upgrade that resets the previous upgrades!
Buy an upgrade that makes it so buying the previous upgrades doesn't reset upgrades!
Buy an upgrade that resets all the previous upgrades, including the upgrade that stops previous upgrades from resetting upgrades!

Could be worse, they could be all imitating the glass ceiling mechanic from sandcastle builder.

Tier 1 enabled (unlocks tier 2)
Tier 1&2 enabled (locks tier 1)
Tier 2 enabled (unlocks tier 3)
Tier 2&3 enabled (unlocks tier 1)
Tier 1,2&3 enabled (locks tier 2)
Tier 1&3 enabled (locks tier 1)
Tier 3 enabled (unlocks tier 4)

And so on!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Banemaster posted:

No buymax for Point Generators? No thanks.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

No buymax for Point Generators? No thanks.

You unlock an autobuyer for it pretty early instead.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

it gets laggy as hell around the 4th or 5th prestige layer

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Banemaster posted:

Beat it in something like 5 hours of off and on play. Big fan of games that actually end. :)

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there any Chrome browser setting I can change to make Synergism not slow to a crawl every rebirth/ant sac/ascension after being open an hour or so? I guess forcing me to refresh occasionally does get me the updates though...

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

Is there any Chrome browser setting I can change to make Synergism not slow to a crawl every rebirth/ant sac/ascension after being open an hour or so? I guess forcing me to refresh occasionally does get me the updates though...

No, the game has a memory leak that adds up over (mostly) ascensions. It's most noticeable in the ascension-spam period between when you can do fast (few-second) ascensions, and when you beat C12 (and especially C14) and can start benefiting from time scaling for longer runs.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Is anyone still playing IncrediMarble and want to help me brainstorm some new idle-related systems so the game feels less like 1 cliff and more like a bunch of small hills?

(If yes: Come to my discord: http://www.bit.ly/funfirstdiscord )

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I’ve been i C14 for about a week now (30, 30, 17, 22 on A-challenges) and it feels like progress should be faster.
Im only at 11e6 cubes/sec still, its increasing with like 20% per day. I’ve seen people with e10 cubes/sec so their progress is magnitudes faster than mine (i started with ascensions when 2.0 released as well)

I know the most progressed players got to c14 a lot faster than me since my life/playstyle doesn’t really allow for the activity level required for multiple asensions daily in the C10-C11 stage of the game but thats still just a week or so faster to C14.

My daily routine is cube grinding in C11, doing an hour’ish offering run (an hour only gets me about 180day timer), farming offerings for about an hour, then back to cube grinding.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Pastebin your save? Preferably one that's comfortably well into a cube run (all the setup's done and you're mostly just waiting for time to accumulate).

e: Also, only the super most advanced people would be breaking e10 cubes/sec. It wasn't too many days ago that I first got past e9.

Vil fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 27, 2020

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Vil posted:

Pastebin your save? Preferably one that's comfortably well into a cube run (all the setup's done and you're mostly just waiting for time to accumulate).

e: Also, only the super most advanced people would be breaking e10 cubes/sec. It wasn't too many days ago that I first got past e9.

Yeah, I'm at around 2.5e9 right now.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Another Chronicle got a pretty interesting update that added 'Quests'. These allow you to send your inactive summons off to collect materials, destiny, and Inspiration from what I've found so far. Some of the materials are ones that can be annoying to make yourself like Medicines or Statues.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rynoto posted:

Another Chronicle got a pretty interesting update that added 'Quests'. These allow you to send your inactive summons off to collect materials, destiny, and Inspiration from what I've found so far. Some of the materials are ones that can be annoying to make yourself like Medicines or Statues.

Back in I go wooooooo!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Vil posted:

Sent on PM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've been hungry for a good idle game and started played Evolve which seems cool, but tbh I kinda want to revisit NGU.

I only have one problem, and maybe somethingggg or somebody else can help.

I played NGU for over a year and had almost all the cash shop things, so starting over isn't just the time investment but it's also the hundred bux or w/e I spent on that game over the year I played it.

Is there a way somebody could share a save file with me that had that poo poo on it so I didn't have to rebuy it? Or maybe Somethingggg could whip something up, idk. There is probably more in the cash shop than there was when I was playing as things kept getting added, but still.

Otherwise I'll probably start from nothing on steam anyway and then slowly spend even more money on the game because I have horrible impulse control.