Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*makes a hungry man, turns to camera*

“Now that’s a food desert”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just buy poo poo from trader joes and costco, basically always superior frozen stuff

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I occasionally grab a Stouffer's for work lunch, Swedish Meatballs are the only ones worth a drat.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

SlothfulCobra posted:

What is the point of including a desert in a frozen meal? You've got popsicles and ice cream right there.

I feel like I should try more frozen foods, but it's really hard to know which will be better than others because microwaves confuse me. They're not really that inexpensive either.

I have gotten a taste for microwaveable soft pretzels, but I started to like them better frozen, because it's a treat to cool down with on a hot day that won't melt, and I like the way that they're not hard, but your teeth sink into it really slowly.

Yeah for the cost of a hungry man you can get 3x banquet frozen dinners and a big drumstick ice cream cone at the party store on the way home. Probably about the same daily % of your sodium and cholesterol too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

just buy poo poo from trader joes and costco, basically always superior frozen stuff

Yeah. A lot of the Trader Joe's Indian stuff is pretty drat good for frozen food.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I have gotten a taste for microwaveable soft pretzels, but I started to like them better frozen, because it's a treat to cool down with on a hot day that won't melt, and I like the way that they're not hard, but your teeth sink into it really slowly.

:stonk:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Life sucks when it comes down to having to eat this:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

bob dobbs is dead posted:

The Trader Joe's frozen chicken wonton soup is really good, when I say 'restaurant quality' I mean a restaurant you'd go back to.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Cartoon Man posted:

Life sucks when it comes down to having to eat this:

It's really good for frozen microwaveable meals. If you want quality, go for the stuff that "recommends" baking it instead. You can still microwave it because who has 45 minutes to wait to eat, but it's better than the microwave default meals.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

steamed ham?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

a flat iron steak

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't mind the Hungry Man fried chicken meals, they're not bad (and not good) if you bake them. I don't have a microwave because my kitchen is horrible and the size of a pack of playing cards.

Basically just add sriracha to all quadrants of the dish and it's fine. Not good, but fills the space.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pa1ZfoMAG8

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.
A facebook page has recently become very popular in the UK called Rate My Takeaway which follows an overweight resident of my home county as he gives positive reviews to mostly average and sometimes distinctly unappetising take away food. It's basically pound shop Peter Kay has a go at Man vs Food. It's surprisingly entertaining to watch.

https://www.facebook.com/RateMyTakeaway/videos/780648886026417/
https://www.facebook.com/RateMyTakeaway/videos/1056195781487381/
https://www.facebook.com/RateMyTakeaway/videos/667586190610766/

Most of the videos are on Facebook unfortunately only a few episodes are on his YouTube account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T90eQuTUU0A

Feats of Strength has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Oct 25, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

angerbeet posted:

I don't mind the Hungry Man fried chicken meals, they're not bad (and not good) if you bake them. I don't have a microwave because my kitchen is horrible and the size of a pack of playing cards.

Basically just add sriracha to all quadrants of the dish and it's fine. Not good, but fills the space.

Every microwave meal with a baking option is always better when baked.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's really good for frozen microwaveable meals. If you want quality, go for the stuff that "recommends" baking it instead. You can still microwave it because who has 45 minutes to wait to eat, but it's better than the microwave default meals.

I'd get offloaded at my grandma's pretty often when I was a kid, and oven-baked Banquets were her go-to (and sadly, better than her actual cooking).

She'd put them in the oven, we'd watch Diagnosis: Murder, and they'd be done and ready to eat while we watched whatever came on TV after that.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

If you told me this guy was just speaking gibberish and not a real language, I would believe you. And I don't think it would change the video at all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Is this the Finnish masaoHF

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Code Jockey posted:

hell yes

when I die bury me in gumbo, in etouffee
I went down to Saint James Infirmary
I saw Code Jockey there
They were in some gumbo and etouffee
Savory, sweet, and fair

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Oct 25, 2020

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

spankmeister posted:

Is this the Finnish masaoHF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Someone that is willing to put raisins in beans isn't someone I can trust. That's some serial killer poo poo right there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cursed thread that away please...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The California raisins sure had one gently caress of a marketing machine behind them in the 80s

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

They had to do something after years of Americans boycotting California grapes. And it worked!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Look, I like raisins quite a bit, and lately, I feel like I am one of only a few left who do. But man, when you pull depraved poo poo like this, when you gaslight people like this, I get it. I get why people are Angry About Raisins.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sure there’s beans and a burger, but what the hell am I looking at on the bottom left there? Chicken? Salmon? A shoehorn with a handle? Whatever it is, it sure is...shiny. :psyduck:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Glossy Pork Chop

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's a sauced pork chop on a spatula.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Don't know why y'all are scared of raisins. They add a touch of magic to anything you make. There's nothing sinister about that, please stop reading up on sinister raisin magic.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Raisins can be good with chicken in certain dishes but uh

a burger?

Now, certain types of jam can actually be good on a burg.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Chicken/Turkey salad, those better be cranberries cause if it's raisins it's going in the trash.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Don't know why y'all are scared of raisins. They add a touch of magic to anything you make. There's nothing sinister about that, please stop reading up on sinister raisin magic.

A big ol’ pot of raisins and cornstarch

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab.

Eddie? Is that you?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What... is that? It looks like a loaf of bread that someone managed to grow skin on but the skin decided it wanted to leave.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

OwlFancier posted:

What... is that? It looks like a loaf of bread that someone managed to grow skin on but the skin decided it wanted to leave.

Meatloaf covered in cheese?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wheatpuppy posted:

Meatloaf covered in cheese?

And layers of cheese in the center.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'll eat almost anything that someone offers me.

Not loving beanie raisins though.

Content:

BBQ burger with two deep fried grilled cheese as buns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

someone posted this in the meme thread,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJYsS82khTc

it's a blast from the past but also had no clue this existed:

Also anyone remember this stuff? It was my favorite sports drink ever, like way more sugary and sour gatorade.