Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it stinks! why would you get rid of viewing newest add-ons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

This new version of the PSN store is spoiling 2020 for me.

A pretty big misstep in an otherwise good year overall

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I really hate this store change. No themes, no avatars, no way to tell what the gently caress is new on the store or free, no wishlist, huge loving icons for everything on a desktop environment, what are these people loving smoking god drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My guess is that they were convinced that everyone only uses Phone Browsers ever, and designed a really bad app store in kind.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

My guess is that they were convinced that everyone only uses Phone Browsers ever, and designed a really bad app store in kind.

My guess is they heard everyone just uses the website to buy stuff since the console stores are so bad, and decided to make the website poo poo to match.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The store still broke on iphone safari? Its been like a year so i stopped checking

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

My guess is that some executive saw Epic Store and said "okay, so do that, but in white " and then they were told they needed to do it from the ground up, so we got a boilerplate-rear end website as a result

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

The store still broke on iphone safari? Its been like a year so i stopped checking

It’s still broken on Mac Safari so I would assume it’s across the board.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

The new one now works but is awful

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm using PSPrices as my web store now. Much better wish list options going on there!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Why the hell did they remove the wishlist? The App Store on iOS also removed the wishlist and it makes no sense at all.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Just checking that I'm not just seeing a browser incompatibility. Do the game pages on the new PS Store not have images or videos/trailers from the games anymore? Just a splash image and description of the game?

This new store is remarkable. It's taken away fundamental things and replaced them with nothing at all. Just plain worse than before and below the minimum level of any store. Is there a single app or game store without screenshots? Like anywhere?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nachos posted:

Why the hell did they remove the wishlist? The App Store on iOS also removed the wishlist and it makes no sense at all.

if this is becoming a trend i wouldnt be at all surprised if they did some studies and found that people were less likely to impulse buy things if they could add it to a wishlist and then never buy it or buy it at a big discount

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

if this is becoming a trend i wouldnt be at all surprised if they did some studies and found that people were less likely to impulse buy things if they could add it to a wishlist and then never buy it or buy it at a big discount

We'll just use third party websites to find out this information instead, so....god job pushing us towards those instead? :waycool:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

We'll just use third party websites to find out this information instead, so....god job pushing us towards those instead? :waycool:

lol if you think shareholders care

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol if you think shareholders care

I think shareholders need to get hosed but that's another story.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This is totally being done so that all these things will be on the PS5's PSN and treated like huge quality of life revolutions when they're just poo poo any online store should have.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

This is totally being done so that all these things will be on the PS5's PSN and treated like huge quality of life revolutions when they're just poo poo any online store should have.

There's no way they're gonna do that, it's gonna look like this on PS5 and run worse

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does the new store still require perfect spelling and punctuation to find search results?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the new store still require perfect spelling and punctuation to find search results?

No, they broke everything else but made search work better.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

But they also don't have a search bar on your game library list (and PSDLE doesn't work atm), so good luck browsing your PS4 games from web

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ignis posted:

My guess is that some executive saw Epic Store and said "okay, so do that, but in white " and then they were told they needed to do it from the ground up, so we got a boilerplate-rear end website as a result

Epic Store design is awful and ugly. I have a lot of free games from there but every time I launch it to redeem them I remind that I could use GOG or Steam so I grab the freebie and close it.

And count me in for the PSPrices wishlist club. That site is much more pleasant to use and I can browse Xbox360 games that get on sale too.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Guillermus posted:

Epic Store design is awful and ugly. I have a lot of free games from there but every time I launch it to redeem them I remind that I could use GOG or Steam so I grab the freebie and close it.

And count me in for the PSPrices wishlist club. That site is much more pleasant to use and I can browse Xbox360 games that get on sale too.

I actually DO use GOG to run Epic games, so I'm basically the same way. I open the launcher and grab the freebies, but don't look at it for basically anything else. It's a really mediocre storefront, but free games are free games.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I imagine they knew they needed to rebuild the web store, chose now to do it, and what we got on initial release was MVP. Updates will probably come that bring in additional features to get it closer to parity with the old system. At least we've got PS Prices in the meantime, since the new store is a big QoL drop.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

One of the funniest things is to browse PSPrices and look at the graph of Vita games being on sale. There's barely any that have been on sale since 2018.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

One of the funniest things is to browse PSPrices and look at the graph of Vita games being on sale. There's barely any that have been on sale since 2018.

I'm pretty sure the only stuff that's been on sale on Vita more or less since then has been coincidental because a cross-play game went on sale on PS4.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If Sony sold a 2020 Vita I'd get one new right now. But I'm wary of paying 70€ for a 2nd hand one that don't know if it'll last long.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

You could probably play all the good vita-exclusive games in less than a year , but the vita's hacked wide open like the 3ds and is a very decent emulation console and PSP replacement. You can even run a decent amount of PSP games on the Vita native resolution (with a new plugin), with all the perks that come with having dual analog sticks, and if you get one of the newer revisions you'll never have to worry about your memory card dying on you.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I can get battery replacements on AliExpress, and I think the microSD to vita card adapter from amazon or somewhere else. The problem is that I'm more interested on the vita as emulation machine than playing the actual Vita exclusives (and now I can play Persona 4G on PC). While for the same price I can just get a RG350 retro console with two analogs and four shoulder buttons for about the same price but it doesn't look as nice as the Vita.

I want a decent portable machine but I can't justify the expensive price of a Switch (and I loving hate the default joycons) so it's all down to a Vita or one of these retro handhelds since my PSP2000 is right now worse than my phone+dualshock 4 combo.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I want to play lengthy RPGs in handheld so I wish there were more Vita sales. Trails series I am looking at you.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Emulation on the vita was pretty bad in my experience. Lots of crashes, many roms wouldn't function correctly, it was just generally very janitorial and not really worth messing with

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Achmed Jones posted:

Emulation on the vita was pretty bad in my experience. Lots of crashes, many roms wouldn't function correctly, it was just generally very janitorial and not really worth messing with

now there's retroarch, you just install that and everything runs fine. It includes all the cores, vita stable

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

That's what everybody says, but it was not my experience.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It was a relatively recent fix, there was a big update around July this year that improved performance on a bunch of Vita cores that used to run like poo poo. The emulators from the PSP side are pretty stable, so you could also just run emus through Adrenaline with some minimal setup. But if you care about 64 emulation onwards, then yeah you might want to look into other retro portable consoles - there's a lot of progress being made with the Daedalus64 emulator, but I think it's still not quite there yet.

I may like this console a bit too much. :shobon:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Oops, I was mistaken. The only problem I've run into with RA on vita is sometimes, the gba core will lose the battery file to a rom, losing saved games, but I got used to state saving as a backup

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Trying to buy this for my VR: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2086-CUSA11802_00-DREAMMATCHTENNIS

Is it just me or are there no purchase button?

I think I managed to download DLC for it(??)

This new store is kinda trash...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Iacen posted:

Trying to buy this for my VR: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2086-CUSA11802_00-DREAMMATCHTENNIS

Is it just me or are there no purchase button?

I think I managed to download DLC for it(??)

This new store is kinda trash...

I'm not getting a purchase button on the webstore either, but I get one using the PlayStation app on iOS. There's a demo for that too it seems, wouldn't have known without looking for it on the app.

Really, the iOS PS app is the best place to shop PSN right now. gently caress that poo poo-rear end webstore and the console store, they're worthless.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thank you, that did it. I cannot believe Sony managed to take the old store and make it worse. That’s an achievement!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not least with them selling a console that's digital only. Talk about taking a step forward and two steps back and stumbling straight into a toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

on the digital console it just bills you for every game they have at once