Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I don’t mean on your overview, I’m guessing you can toggle it in the outpost settings whether it shows up systemwide or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Sub Rosa posted:

I've added citadel to my overview, but I still don't see it unless I'm on grid with it, not system wide.

You have to be friendly to them to see it, I think to the actual outpost owner. I was testing with our new buddies up in Fountain when they dropped an outpost just before we formalized diplomatic relations and it worked like this.

While the citadel was anchoring it was visible to all in the system, then once it was online it disappeared until the owner set me blue at which point I could see it again, it also required a session change for the updated standings to go into effect.

The upshot of this is that the only way that hostiles will be able to find an outpost once it's anchored in a safe until scan probes become a thing will be to get a warp in from a spy or someone who accepts a random fleet invite (don't accept random fleet invites).

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I don’t mean on your overview, I’m guessing you can toggle it in the outpost settings whether it shows up systemwide or not

That makes sense, I guess you use that if you want to build a freeport station and still be able to make it only visible to friendlies when necessary. One question is whether that toggle is specific to visibility to neutrals or is a part of the function of opening it to all for docking?

Skex fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 25, 2020

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, as I understand, there is a button to toggle visibility of outpost (I think you're right, it's a docking rights toggle) to all in system. So, after it anchors and disappears from overview for neutrals, you can toggle it back on/off. In this case, it was used to get fleet warpins, the defending force of 350+ was able to all warp in together, then visibility toggled off so we couldn't follow. They used this a few times to warp in allies. Fleet size limit increase would make this less of an advantage, but: In the meantime, hiding outposts should be the norm. Have a cloaky alt for each new outpost, I guess?

Sonova
Oct 23, 2004
meh
so are you guys done with your war yet or should i just keep on shooting pubs.

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.
I don't think we're at war, but we are in the process of evicting some chuds from their cozy corner in space

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Sonova posted:

yeah pretty much, we got bored and moved on to greener pastures.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Sonova posted:

we are back to just general Causing Problems On Purpose

Sonova
Oct 23, 2004
meh

BrownianMotion posted:

we are back to just general Causing Problems On Purpose

Cool, should i re app?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
they’re not wrong

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

the REAL goons without SA

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
weird twitter was like 10 funny people from fyad

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Our new home is full of wonderful surprises.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Sonova posted:

Cool, should i re app?

definitely re apply. get in on this gravy train, my dude.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

oh wtf is war over can I apply again

I joined some random dudes who seem cool enough but most of us don't know what we're doing so

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Join goose, whelp ship, get free ship, whelp ship, repeat

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Slaan posted:

Join goose, whelp ship, get free ship, whelp ship, repeat

Poop golden eggs

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Work has been cray in the age of zoom - haven't played in a few months.

Can someone summarize the war for me in a funny sentence?

OR even better: A haiku?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Thunder Moose posted:

There was war with racists
This isn't actually a haiku
Now the war is done

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Thunder Moose posted:

This game hasn't even been live for a few months, so you're likely in the wrong thread.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I drew some more stupid gooseflock related things

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

gando is a slur

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

he's not wrong, we drove out all the racist goons from SA and they went to twitter

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

The Saddest Robot posted:

I drew some more stupid gooseflock related things

Steamfunk!

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Khris Kruel posted:

he's not wrong, we drove out all the racist goons from SA and they went to twitter

Well we are the ones who have the forums, so we are technically the goons and they are just racists.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
We're loosening restrictions so if we've rejected you in the past feel free to ping me on discord and I'll review your app again and let you know.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

had some fun negotiations, thought yall would enjoy as much as we did burning bridges

https://imgur.com/a/QGyoLym

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Khris Kruel posted:

had some fun negotiations, thought yall would enjoy as much as we did burning bridges

Well that went well! Our diplo Corps are p kick rear end

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
I am appalled by the lack of honking in that conversation

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

That was the most repetitively circular discussion. I'm surprised you didn't burn it halfway through.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

The Saddest Robot posted:

Our new home is full of wonderful surprises.

This deserves a hard HONK

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

having fun online

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

uniball posted:

having fun online

This is hilarious.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

uniball posted:

having fun online

Lmao

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

No one wants a level 5 base anyway.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

uniball posted:

having fun online

:lol:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

uniball posted:

having fun online

loving lawl

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

uniball posted:

having fun online