Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
edit: wrong thread

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jets are absolutely winning a game if they fire Gase so they probably shouldn’t.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

TheBizzness posted:

Jets are absolutely winning a game if they fire Gase so they probably shouldn’t.

Yeah, but looking at their schedule I can’t imagine against who.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Chiefs PLEASE go for the biggest shutout record

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah, but looking at their schedule I can’t imagine against who.

This was their only real win chance. We absolutely need them to pull some Ws outta their rear end

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If they do get a W it’ll probably be in this division.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't really care if the Jets get the first pick in the draft. It doesn't scare me at all.

They have organizational issues that cannot be overcome solely by drafting Trevor.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1320469873739341825

Gase Freedom Watch

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

1st round QBs have a success rate of what, 50%?

Jets aint going anywhere anytime soon

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
ok i am ready to give up on darnold now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

1st round QBs have a success rate of what, 50%?

Jets aint going anywhere anytime soon

If they are able to bring in a coach with credibility next year they will go somewhere. Otherwise they won't.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jacksonville is the main competition for no 1.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
What’s important is that NE still looks like poo poo.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

ok i am ready to give up on darnold now
Good thing because I don’t think they pass on Fields either if they fail to get the 1st pick.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Good thing because I don’t think they pass on Fields either if they fail to get the 1st pick.

I don't think they pass up on Lawrence, Fields, or Lance (I'm skeptical on him). It would be pretty shocking if they weren't able to get one of those three, and I would not be upset about them ending up with Fields at all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If they don't get the no 1 or 2 pick I don't think it makes sense to reach for a Lance. Unless you're 100% sure about him and I'm not.

LOL the Pats are getting their teeth loving kicked in.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 25, 2020

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cam loving sucks too. This division rules.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

they'll still whoop buffalo next week

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Did all the pats posters just leave this year?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

LightReaper posted:

bandwagoners!!!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

LightReaper posted:

Hahaha, oh my god youre right

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

4/8 for 30 yards and 2 INTs. This is some truly just poo poo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Jets can beat the Patriots probably, if they fired Gase.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Somehow the one outcome that was not seriously considered among the Brady/Belichick divorce was that Belichick was merely an average coached propped up by his likely-HOF QB.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The patriots are real bad!

Edit: to get clear we’ve earned this and more, but yeah, the patriots are super bad

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Oh, GDT thread reveals they're all Bucs fans now. 🤔

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If the Jets were even just mediocre they would be right in the division race lol.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fsif posted:

Somehow the one outcome that was not seriously considered among the Brady/Belichick divorce was that Belichick was merely an average coached propped up by his likely-HOF QB.

:hmmyes:

Though really it's more that Belichick the GM hosed up the WR/TE corps so bad that it made Brady look prematurely done in 2019 and Cam Newton look legally dead in 2020.

Their passing weapons are loving DIRE lol

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Patriots...not like this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

:hmmyes:

Though really it's more that Belichick the GM hosed up the WR/TE corps so bad that it made Brady look prematurely done in 2019 and Cam Newton look legally dead in 2020.

Their passing weapons are loving DIRE lol

Sad thing is, they made plenty of moves to fix it, they just all busted.

The only one that I think was just plain bad was N'Keal Harry.

7 guys skipping the season, and all the injuries and covid hits during the season just ruined their chances, oh well.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
How badly did the fins beat the 49ers? I mean, it was a whooping, right? I figured the 49ers were just overrated, but the won the next week and looked good, and are winning now and look good. Could the fins have turned a corner?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I've maintained all along that this Patriots collapse isn't as satisfying because our two main tormentors aren't together. If Brady and Bill were putting this garbage up it would be cathartic but now it's just kinda whatever

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

How badly did the fins beat the 49ers? I mean, it was a whooping, right? I figured the 49ers were just overrated, but the won the next week and looked good, and are winning now and look good. Could the fins have turned a corner?

Maybe. I think Jimmy being out there well short of fitness was was turned it into a laugher. Playing a replacement level QB with a replacement level QB plan would have kept it closer

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I've maintained all along that this Patriots collapse isn't as satisfying because our two main tormentors aren't together. If Brady and Bill were putting this garbage up it would be cathartic but now it's just kinda whatever

If Brady was here, they'd likely have stomped the Chiefs and Broncos.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

torgeaux posted:

I’ll believe we’ve turned a corner when we’re getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
2019 Brady didn't look great and the 2020 Pats recevers are even worse than the 2019 group somehow. Brady would force way fewer picks than Newton but I think it would still be pretty bad.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

just looking at the numbers, the jets were 10 points better on offense then they were last week, so if they can keep this trend up they'll be in a position to actually score enough points to overcome their mediocre defense by week 10

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

torgeaux posted:

That was the game we got Byron Jones back and not only has he played well but it let all the other pieces of our defense click into place. X was able to play to his strength of ballhawking, Noah didn't have to cover WR1s and get torched by them, and they were able to dial up more pressure which was badly needed cause none of our guys were winning up front on their own.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

sirtommygunn posted:

This game is doing an incredible job of crushing the hopes for fans of both teams.

We've secretly replaced these AFC East teams with NFC East teams. Let's see if anyone notices the difference!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Agreed I would prefer Brady were still there but this is still satisfying. Edelman throwing his helmet, Gilmore getting burned, a rotating cast of lovely QBs, every Pats fan all but declaring their allegiance to a different team immediately... lots of good to see if you look for it.