Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Scruffyhawk posted:

"Mystery Armor" getting shitcanned off the roadmap is one of the funniest parts of this latest update to me.

One of those easy freebies that the community will love and should take an artist or two maybe a week to slap together and they can't even get that out the door. Calders must be really clamping down on getting SQ54 out the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Dr. Honked posted:

There's a video of this somewhere, it's super interesting but at the same time makes you want to burn EA to the ground https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/123779/GDC_2011_Perfecting_The_FreeToPlay_Battlefield_Heroes.php

This bit certainly does sound familiar

quote:

In other words, "there seemed to be a disconnect between what they were saying -- 'I will leave and never spend a penny' -- and what they were doing -- sticking around and spending a lot of money,"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
"Theaters of War before the new year?"

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Where's Squadron 42?

Where's Theaters of War?

Where's the AMD letter?

Where's Citizen Con?

Where's the Extinction Level Event?

Where's Sandi?

Where's the missing seat?

Where's a design document?

Where's the Hollywood star's motion captured performances?

Where's the 99 others Star systems?

Where's the flight model?

Where's $350 million dollars gone?

Where's the Land Claims?

Where's the mess hall?

Where's the Vandul?

Where's the CIG branded hotas?

Where's is the ship boarding mechanics?

Where's the roadmap to the roadmap?

Where's the sexy bear pictures?

And finally, where's the fun?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

"[img posted:

https://i.imgur.com/3vdo2tR.jpg[/img] 2950 Imperator Election : No Candidate with a VERY STRONG stance against Crime ?"]
Hello ?

I went to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17782-2950-Imperator-Election?utm_source=Star+Citizen+Supporters&utm_campaign=3654c52b2d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_10_21_07_18&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_607785b0c2-3654c52b2d-30400345 and checked the Candidates to then cast my Vote but could not find 1 among them which had a VERY STRONG stance against Crime and Criminals ?

Excuse me ?

There is even one that want to waive Prison term with a monetary fee !!

That's totally absurd.

Imagine this if it happened in our real life....

Our REAL LIFE Candidates, usually win Elections on the basis of their strong stance against Crime and Criminality, don't they ?

And isn't Star Citizen tailored to, as much as possible, reflect the real life only in a virtual space environment ?

These Elections as they stand are a total joke, to my opinion, there is no Candidate, as it should be, who would have a VERY strong stance against all Crimes and Criminality.

I mean, the kind of Candidate who talks about heavily investing on Police and Security forces and patrols, stricter and longer penalties for criminals, heavy monitoring of all locations where crimes might take place, heavy military investments to patrol all borders and mining areas, even outside of the UEE boundaries etc. etc. basically the Law, Order and Security to be secured and maitained at any and all times and at all costs for the Empire.

None of the Candidates talks in such heavy Security and Law and Order terms that I could find.

I cannot vote as it currently stands.

Please, either add another Candidate having a MASSIVE stance against Crime and Criminality or edit one of the existing Profiles to make it more realistic and have at least 1 option to Vote for those who want a serious stance against Crime and Criminality in the UEE.

Thanks.

"[img posted:

https://i.imgur.com/3vdo2tR.jpg[/img]"]
Just look at the work behind the "Dynamic" playout of the Environment..... everything that Roberts Space Indistries is working on goes well beyond those words of building a Universe and not a game.... it hints me that they are making an unprecedented effort at creating a Digital Environment that would necessarily need to copycat from our real World in order to stay balanced at any and all times....

For example, take a look at Nature which has had millions of Years of Evolution to balance out.....

Ever noticed how predators are way, but waaaaay less as preys ? They generate way less offsprings and have it an uphill struggle to complete a succesfull hunt....

And there is a hell of a good reason for that, "sustainable environment"....

If the number of predators or theit hunting success rates where to become too high, they would simply destroy all their preys and go into extinction...

Hence, Nature over millions of Years of Evolution developed and reach that "sustainable balance" and equilibrium which permits to maintain a "fine line" in between predators and preys.

Star Citizen's Universe, to my opinion, cannot afford to not replicate that.... because if they will permit predators to be too many, or their success rate to be too high, that will drive away their preys (Explorers, Merchants, Miners etc.) from the virtual environment (who likes being one too many on the losing side ?).

That is, the Star Citizen's Project is of such a vastness and complexity that, to my viewing, it can only work and stay balanced and with a sustainable environment if it replicates and mimcs real life balances and mechanics.

Being strong on Crime as a policy has nothing to do with being an extremist (black or white...) but, rather, to be on the side of Law abiding and Tax payers' Citizens who actually want to get by their lives and jobs, make their living and paytheir Taxes AND be protected by their Government at any and all levels of their life from local to international.

And, as I said, a Government needs taxes to thrive and the more the better.... but having poor Citizens because they keep getting pillaged and plundered by criminals or the Vanduuls helps nothing towards raising taxes.... if most of UEE's Citizens keep getting robbed and mugged, how can they then be able to pay their taxes ?

And if they need to pay for their own security, why should then they want to pay their Taxes to the Government ?

It is a dangerous road that which LeSalle is taking.... by promoting the Far West scenario he will actually increase the GAP between UEE Citizens and their Empire..... if Citizens will have to pay for their own Security rather then counting on the UEE to cover it for them, why would they then want to actually pay Taxes to the UEE, for what ?

And the Empire will start breaking apart..... dangerous road that which LeSalle is willing to walk, it might spell for a total disruption of the Empire especially when there is already the Terra separatists pushing for going their own way....

If LeSalle will get elected, it will be a curse for the UEE, me thinks....

As in regards your Third point, it is pointless that the Imperator has limited powers in terms of Laws and punishment, what matters is the handling of the UEE's Resources and, thus, of the funds allocated to the Advocacy and all those engaged into Law and Order....

The Imperator is in the perfect position to address fundings where they are most needed and, in doing that, "de facto" setting the Policy for strenghtening certain areas of the Empire rather then others.

So, a Candidate with a strong stance on Law and Order and against Crime could do a whole lot towards that, by increasing fundings towards all areas which directly deal with the Security of the Empire.

On your last point I think we will need to agree to disagree. There is need for sending out a message to wrongdoers that their going against the Law will not be overlooked and that crime does NOT pay.

I can accept the idea of giving a second chance, maybe even a third chance (remember the 3 strikes and out policy ?), but there is a point where, if an individual has not gone back to the right track, there is no point in keeping trying over and over rehab, at some point it becomes necessary to take that individual out of the Society where he/she keeps engaging into harmfull behaviour to others.

So going to LeSalle's policy of only fines to sanction low crimes, it can well become very dangerous because, if the "petty criminal" is caught, say, only 1 out of 10 crimes that he/she does, and thus is fined only 1 out of 10 times, that criminal behaviour becomes profitable and thus a seriously wrong message to promote perpetrating that anti-social behaviour.....

Let me make an example with made up numbers just to make myself clearer in my thinking....

Let's imagine a smuggler (a non violent crime), who hurts legittimate business with his/her smuggling, who makes 100,000 United Earth Credits (UECs) per smuggling trip. Let's also imagine that he/she gets caught only 1 out of 10 trips, on average.

Now, let's assume that the one time that this criminal is caught he/she gets fined 2 times, perhaps even 3 times the smuggling profit of that trip so, 200,000 or 300,000 UECs.

The overall accounting over 10 trips, would be 1 millions UECs in, 200,000 or 300,000 out for the fine when caught, resulting with a gross income of 700,000/800,000 UECs profit.

That smuggler, we can bet, will KEEP being a criminal and engaging in criminal activities which hurts, and quite dearly, legittimate traders in the UEE who actually pay all of their taxes and duties wherever they go...

By applying fines, and not serious sanctions, basically LeSalle's policy will send a message to a whole bunch of criminals that crime pays and what happens when a given activity becomes profitable ? A whole bunch of people will start doing it and the damage done to legittimate businesses across the UEE Empire will be devastating.

Sorry but no, LeSalle with such a policy will cause so much harm to the UEE that is mindboggling, to my opinion.

A real curse for the UEE, if he will get elected, me thinks.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Mirificus posted:

remember the Sataball gamemode that everybody memory holed yeah Theaters of War is not like that :lol:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

B'tak is one masterful troll.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Alot posted:

SCP-30000

Object Class: Alpha

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-30000 is to be contained in a locked concrete chamber at least 15m x 10m x 3m in size, with reinforced glass windows on one wall appearing to show the Los Angeles skyline. A large wall-mounted television must be present in the containment chamber, with at least one input source from outside the chamber. SCP-30000 must also be provided with at least one high-specification modern computer to use, and power must be provided to allow the computer to operate. Under no circumstances must network connectivity be provided to SCP-30000, but the computer must be configured to provide the illusion that SCP-30000 is able to make contributions to a remote project. If SCP-30000 attempts escape, becomes restless or otherwise disengages from using the computer for a long period of time, a designated Foundation member with clearance of Level 3 or above ("the Underling") must enter the containment chamber; the Underling must inform SCP-30000 (preferably in the form of an apparent reminder) that the pipelines are almost complete, and that soon the game will be finished. This should placate SCP-30000 and cause a return to normal behaviour.

At least once every two (2) weeks, a rotating set of Foundation researchers with clearance of Level 3 or above ("the Executive") must join a conference call which is connected to the wall-mounted television in the containment chamber. The Executive must act as though they are members of senior management at a game development company, and give status updates in turn; SCP-30000 seems not to notice that it has never seen many of these people before. It is crucial that the Executive give SCP-30000 the impression that they have received its contributions during the two-week period, and that they have definitely been integrated. In response to this, SCP-30000 will nod sagely and begin attempting to explain a new concept, making waving motions with its arms resembling a crude attempt at visualising the flight of an aeroplane. If these arm movements are not observed, one or more members of the Executive must immediately say the phrase "do wop de we do woah eh?" such that SCP-30000 will hear it; this should allow the meeting to continue without incident.

Over time there have been instances where the "status update" containment procedure has begun to have reduced efficacy; in this situation Procedure 54-Hamill ("The Absolution") must be performed. An out-of-band status update meeting is opened, with the members of the Executive informing SCP-30000 that the backers are unhappy with the current patch, and that it needs to work extra-hard to make the next patch please them. After the end of this meeting, the wall-mounted television must play Star Wars Episodes IV-VI (the "Original Trilogy") non-stop on repeat for a period of ninety (90) days. During this time there must be no contact whatsoever with SCP-30000, or it will enter a rage state due to being interrupted from its work. Once this period is over, SCP-30000 will consider itself absolved and return to normal behaviour.

Description: SCP-30000 is a large North American brown bear (Ursus arctos horribilis, "grizzly bear") which is under the delusion that it is a game developer working on an ambitious but achievable project in the space simulation genre.

:perfect:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mirificus posted:

As if being Star Marine’d or Arena Commander’d would be any better.

“No it won’t get cancelled, silly. We’ll eventually push out some broken garbageware you can dive into for awhile. Then we’ll quietly abandon it for whatever Chris’s next inspired distraction is.”

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Needs to be an easter egg in some Control DLC.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Mirificus posted:

The loving nerve to still ask people to be patient, 8 years in with jack poo poo to show for it!

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Bronze Fonz posted:

The loving nerve to still ask people to be patient, 8 years in with jack poo poo to show for it!

And double the loving nerve to jokily reference a feature which at one time was full speed ahead for inclusion in the game and which subsequently got quietly shitcanned, leaving 2018 backers confused and wondering what had happened to it...

:reddit: posted:

Is Sata Ball still in the works?

I know it's not a priority or anything, but I thought it was a cool idea that added extra lore, atmosphere and gameplay options. Is this still planed for PTU someday?

:chloe:

SeaDart
Oct 25, 2020
Hello lads, I bought an account to ask the following:

1) Is this a game yet

2) What happened to the Battlefield mode

3) How much money have they collected till now? Their funding tracker says about $320 Million, and they got about $50 million from that South African. Were there any further investments/equity sales?

4) Should I buy this game

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Pixelate posted:

:reddit: Shield hole tests in 3.11

600 staff, hundreds of millions of dollars gets you: just make it invulnerable lol I ain't making a new shield mesh.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

SeaDart posted:

1) Is this a game yet

3) How much money have they collected till now? Their funding tracker says about $320 Million, and they got about $50 million from that South African. Were there any further investments/equity sales?

1. Yes
2. It's loving amazing
3. Couldn't tell you
4. Yes but for the best experience, be sure to buy a $500 ship

SeaDart
Oct 25, 2020
Addenda

5) Where’s that Squadron game? I have a Starlancer itch

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

SeaDart posted:

Addenda

5) Where’s that Squadron game? I have a Starlancer itch

5. It does not exist and even if it did, it would be a poor ripoff of Star Citizen

I'm not joking, buy an Idris

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
why aren't there more horror stories from ex-CIG employees floating around out there. with the high employee turnover and disastrous development you'd think there would be tonnes of them. do CIG threaten to sue at the drop of a hat or are people being signed to insanely strict NDAs or whats going on? i want juicy details of catastrophe but theres not much out there.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Seams posted:

why aren't there more horror stories from ex-CIG employees floating around out there. with the high employee turnover and disastrous development you'd think there would be tonnes of them. do CIG threaten to sue at the drop of a hat or are people being signed to insanely strict NDAs or whats going on? i want juicy details of catastrophe but theres not much out there.

CIG and Star Citizen are actually good, that's why

SeaDart
Oct 25, 2020

...! posted:

5. It does not exist and even if it did, it would be a poor ripoff of Star Citizen

I'm not joking, buy an Idris

Okay

Can I fly this $2000 spaceship

marumaru
May 20, 2013

SeaDart posted:

1) Is this a game yet

you'll be able to play it yourself in a few weeks:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:thunk:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Seams posted:

Thought Mne's fireside chat here was interesting on that front. (No NDA, just no desire to revisit the mess either).

Mne nravitsya posted:

Brief post:

Had lunch with an ex-designer from the Squadron 42 studio today. But nothing groundbreaking to say other then to continue to confirm what is known

-Endlessly frustrated after a year of everything on that game changing over and over again, leading to all the work needing to be constantly scrapped or reworked. He left in total frustration

-Massive attrition constantly occurring every month

-Liked Erin but said he is a slave to his brothers insanity

-75% of the studios time is pulled to help make assets and movies with the other studios, to sell to whales

-Sandi is a very frightening woman and the studio is told in advance to just sit quietly and act really busy when she would visit. Do not even say hi to her or make eye contact. Its safer to be anonymous. Chris would be a bit more chatty but would talk down to people and handlers would usher him away if you talked for more then a few minutes.

-Did not believe the game was a pure scam at the start, just that it morphed into an unachievable product (because chris) and everyone knows that. Staff is mostly first timers who just need jobs but can’t get hired at better places.

-Chris has some odd shoelace fetish and stopped production, for a few weeks, with a large portion of the art team who needed to make them all scratch again on every boot

-Arena commander was made purely to help whales “believe” and get more funding

- Ex Designer had never heard of Derek Smart. Studio was encouraged to stay out of forums. Especially Reddit

-Did not have to sign any legally binding gag contracts when he left. Was free talk about it if he wanted but just didn’t care enough to talk in forums. Said it was just sad and depressing there and felt bad for the guys who had to remain because of no prospects elsewhere.

-Even with the switch to Lumberyard, the engine is not enough (and probably never will be) to make the MMO game that chris wants - but would be capable of making sq42 if chris ever reigned it into a scope that was possible

-Never provided any design direction to the sq42 team for mechanics or gameplay, And Is perceived as completely uneducated on game development

-Did make one joke at lunch and said “but in the end it will all be okay, because chris will code it”

There’s more but its all just blah blah blah stuff that the forum already knows. It just confirms it again

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Boycott posted:

What if we boycott them in their November`s sales?

They need to feel what we feel, they will sell these ships next year, so we will not lose anything right now, and they will feel in their pockets how it is to expect something and not have it.

We need a better and faster development.

I will do it, i hope most of you guys do the same.

quote:

Nope, gonna support'em as always.

quote:

LOL

This gets posted every time before a sale, then they get record profits immediately after.

At some point in time people are going to figure out that just because THEY are unhappy, does not many that everybody else is unhappy.

All the complaining this year.

Biggest year in funding EVER.

quote:

Ha ha ha... ha ha ha.. wait.. wait.. breathe... breathe.. ha ha ha ha... breathe... HAHAHAhaaa!

Like that works!

Google it.. how is this years funding going compared to previous years? 90 days tops! first they were going to run out of money and that is why it will never get finished, now the argument is that we are giving them too much money so that they don't want to finish it?

ROFL..

A long long time time ago, I can still remember how that Smart guy used to make us laugh. I knew if it had my chance that one day I would walk on a moon, and maybe we'd we be happy for a while. Until we got whole loving PLANETS with subway trains, shops, bars, nightclubs, mountains covered in snow and forests!!! With the odd glorious sunset thrown in for free.

Sucks to be you huh? Shouting against the wind.... that CIG put in the game just to make you lean over when you walk... just for the hell of it because we gave them the money to to do what no other developer would - go full on baller!

What's the weather like in Cyberpunk 2077 these days? When do we get to get together, meet at the airport and fly to a completely different corporate run city while we watch in-flight movies? Or... how about that ice build up !n your space suit in Line Of Defense?

quote:

You may do it.. 20% may do it.. 80% wont, new comers wont..

GRAY MARKET WONT... its a business now, ppl are making large sums of money selling ships. Boycotting sales wont effect anything.

Tin foil hat on.. The fact that this year saw very thin patches but very high funding makes me believe most of it was done in the gray market.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

what do you not understand

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Inacio posted:

what do you not understand

is this game out

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Slider posted:

is this game out

yes; also, no

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

yes, that's why there hasn't been improvements every freaking quarter. Ship updates, UI updates, location, AI and backend tech improvements happen every patch. Each one of those push this project forward more each time, so knock it off with "they ain't doing poo poo" arguments. You're wrong and ignorant.

quote:

I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with your argument, and what makes this an undefined finish line? They will "release" it when there's enough of the game in that they won't wipe things anymore. They will continue to add things to the game until it or they die, whichever happens first. So you're dealing with an undefined finish line anyway since they don't know how long this game will last that they will continue to add things into the game.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Star Citizen development has made me tired of Mirificus posting style.

It is a sad day.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

On a brighter note......

Chris Roberts vs Stan from Monkey Island.

Which is the better ship salesman?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
we're working on greasing the pipelines for mirificus 3.0, should have a roadmap any day now

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

we're working on greasing the pipelines for mirificus 3.0, should have a roadmap any day now

Where can I pledge?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Seams posted:

I imagine most just moved on to other jobs and don't want to explain how their last job was a joke and they maybe don't actually deserve to be at their current job.

And they may just be partially in denial having been inside the Chris Roberts unreality field for too long.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Seams posted:

I think Pixelate's post is a pretty good example of why. The kind of people who will drop a dime on a lovely boss and actually talk publicly about their bad business, are in my experience the kind of people who have probably worked at more than one company, who know their own value and who have a more firmly established sense of ethics and probably a slightly more senior position. Even then it's a big risk because gamedev is such an insular community- it's the kind of thing you'd probably only reference as in-jokes to close coworkers, rather than leak to the press and risk it coming back on you.

The kind of person Chris is hiring now, the straight-from-FullSail first time game devs, have absolutely not got the kind of career security it would take to poo poo talk their company in public. God, I can't even imagine spending my first year out of college, ripe with impostor syndrome, in a place as toxic as CIG. That poo poo would probably ruin a person for life. Yowza.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Kosumo posted:

On a brighter note......

Chris Roberts vs Stan from Monkey Island.

Which is the better ship salesman?

I don't know, but Stan definitely dresses better.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Seams posted:

Not much anymore. Although read the post history of TheAgent for some semi-recent drops.

There was so much insider dirt getting posted here and discorded several years back — it still kinda staggers to think about. Derek was getting it even earlier (hence THE JULY BLOG), which is how the “Star Marine is cancelled” story broke.

The trainwreck going on at CIG LA back in 2015-2016 prompted a lot of it. The antics of Sandi, Ben and Co. were a non-stop embarrassment to the entire company. Like brand-damaging toxic workplace bullcrap that made the whole studio look like trashy soap opera starring unhinged, narcissist liars.

Pissed off employees at other studios started posting dirt in a few places. Derek was dropping it blogstyle. Goons were engaged in a lot of weaponized hilarity to spread stuff and fan flames. And it just kept escalating because CIG LA (particularly Chris’s wife Sandi) refused to stop.

So, the horror stories were written — sometimes multiple ones a day. And that went full speed from mid 2015 through 2017.

It’s stopped these days — most of the catalysts for all that cringe have left. So too have much of the early talent.

The company is now a handful of senior directors who know how to keep their mouths shut and a ton of first timers or otherwise green talent. And the directors have stepped mostly behind the curtain, along with Chris, as the studio reputation has crashed and the gaming world at large turned a once buzzed about brand into a joke meme.

The best guess here is that studio will limp quietly for some indeterminate stretch until it is forced by its new investors to release “Squadron 42”, at which point we’ll see just what sort of disaster Chris Roberts made out of Hollywood A Listers, a decade plus of dev time, and a budget hundreds of times his initial crowdfunding ask.

At that point, expect new horror stories to drop as former employees get roped in as sources to tell the “what went wrong with Squadron stories?” and the after actions get written.

Daztek posted:

CIG and Star Citizen are actually good, that's why

Also ^^^This!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

As an addendum to all that cut content from the last few patches: looks like CIG was working on something after all- the third SHOWROOM FLOOR! Can't use one of the previous two, obviously!

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/jhw5yu/evocati_3111_build_a_leak_thread/

Also a new straight-to-flyable ship that sounds like another single-seater but we'll have to wait for video of that.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
A new ship? Well that ought to shut up all the whiners for another month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello part 2 (from someone waaaaay different)
  • internal planet build of Earth has taken thousands of man hours but "worth it"
  • land claims first to debut in the Sol/Home/Domus system: "Stake your claim on Earth, the moon, Mars and beyond."
  • prices for land claims will increase "massively"
  • build fortified bunkers, farms, population towers, player usable banks/stores and planetary defenses
  • "It isn't ready, but it will be ready very quickly after we show it. This groundwork is half a decade in development."
  • player controlled orbiting rest stops, cafes (the gently caress), fueling stations and defense platforms all planned for sale
  • "Chris wanted something never seen before and that's an Earth that is completely open to exploration."
  • "As we strive for realism and fidelity, these parcels of land will eventually be worth much more than their cost."

Did any of this happen