Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI (C) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI) for the NEVER Openweight Trios Championship - NJPW Road to POWER STRUGGLE 10/23

This match was a ton of fun and the nearfalls and the lengthy YOSHI-HASHI/DOUKI war while their teammates did everything to help their teammates succeed was just great.

Yaaaas what an amazing match. Super-close to MOTYC for me... nah, you know, MOTYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI (C) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI) for the NEVER Openweight Trios Championship - NJPW Road to POWER STRUGGLE 10/23

This match was a ton of fun and the nearfalls and the lengthy YOSHI-HASHI/DOUKI war while their teammates did everything to help their teammates succeed was just great.

nth. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this but well, stranger things have happened!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed

The 6 man belts have been booked the strongest they have ever been over the last few months and it's all do to the simple story of people wanting belts. Pro Wrestling is so simple sometimes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Rocky Romero vs. Jay White, NJPW Strong, 24/10

A good match that really should have had a crowd but never would have happened if there was one

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

A good match that really should have had a crowd but never would have happened if there was one

Nth. This was really solid, wonderfully executed, and lacked only a crowd response to make it super special.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

I'll throw in a third, especially with the post-match promo thrown in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
24th October
All Japan Pro Wrestling
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Title
Koji Iwamoto(c) vs Atsuki Aoyagi

Aoyagi's first ever title shot, very good.

Sadly missed the HW Tag main event but I bet it'll be good too

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nth. Probably the best New Japan Strong match thus far.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Shingo Takagi, G1 Climax Night 11, October 7
HM: Hirooki Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI, G1 Climax Night 12, October 8
HM: Toru Yano vs. Zack Sabre Jr., G1 Climax Night 12, October 8

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs. Takumi Iroha, Stardom 10/18

I don't think this was as good as their match in February but this kicked so much rear end. Not many people are more convincing at looking completely destroyed than Mayu and Iroha just looks like such a killer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

2 years in the making

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Rohit Raju (c) vs. Willie Mack vs. Chris Bey vs. Jordynne Grace vs. TJP vs. Trey Miguel for the X-Division Championship, Impact Bound for Glory 10/24

Fun match where everyone got to express their character and style.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: Eric Young (c) vs. Rich Swann - Impact World Championship, Bound for Glory 10/24

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Eric Young (c) vs. Rich Swann - Impact World Championship, Bound for Glory 10/24

2nd. Hell of a match

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

3rd. This was intense.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MOTYC - DDT Road to Ultimate Party October 25th
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai) vs DISASTER BOX (Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata)
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Nautilus (Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura)

I'm really nominating this as one long match because the second match was so informed by the first. The three members of Eruption defended their 6-man titles against Disaster Box, which was immediately followed by the two male members of Eruption challenging for the tag belts against those same guys. The ending to the first match left one guy dead on the floor as his partner tried valiantly to keep the fight going until he could recover, and by the end all four guys sold being completely exhausted trying to break up pinfalls until they just couldn't anymore.

loving phenominal. Make time to watch these matches if you have a DDT Universe sub.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 25, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

HM: Sonny Kiss vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dark, 20/10

Short but fun with Fenix doing lots of neat things

:yeah:

Jerusalem posted:

It came a little close to breaking down at times, but agreed. Just a super fun match and another great entry in the :yoshihashi: redemption arc.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC - DDT Road to Ultimate Party October 25th
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai) vs DISASTER BOX (Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata)
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Nautilus (Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura)

I'm really nominating this as one long match because the second match was so informed by the first. The three members of Eruption defended their 6-man titles against Disaster Box, which was immediately followed by the two male members of Eruption challenging for the tag belts against those same guys. The ending to the first match left one guy dead on the floor as his partner tried valiantly to keep the fight going until he could recover, and by the end all four guys sold being completely exhausted trying to break up pinfalls until they just couldn't anymore.

loving phenominal. Make time to watch these matches if you have a DDT Universe sub.

nth, absolutely unreal match(es)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I post in this thread kind of randomly even though I do keep up with it. In the case of NJPW, I’ll often nominate matches from the start of a tournament only to stop a few shows in, usually because a lot of other people are already watching those shows and nominating the same matches I would, so I just feel like it’s kind of pointless on my end. Bigger NJPW shows in general I might not nominate because of the same reason. Then, occasionally you get the random Road To shows where something cool happens and there’s a real possibility of a lot of people not checking it out because it’s just a Road To show. Like for instance the one from Friday. That trios match was :discourse: and all NJPW fans owe it to themselves to watch it. Amazing work from YOSHI-HASHI and DOUKI, Goto felt more fired up than during the G1, you get some sweet, sweet Taichi vs Ishii action, ZSJ does his thing... I really hope this is the kind of match they’ll be doing and the kind of position they’ll be giving the trios belts from now on. It’s honestly what they should’ve been doing with them all along, but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

MOTYC: Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI (C) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI) for the NEVER Openweight Trios Championship - NJPW Road to POWER STRUGGLE 10/23

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Edward Mass posted:

HM this for me. The length & pacing aren't quite to my liking, but there were stretches of fire that were outstanding.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Two more HMs from G1 Climax Night 12 on October 8.

KENTA vs. SANADA
Juice Robinson vs. Tetsuya Naito

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Procrastinator posted:

HM this for me. The length & pacing aren't quite to my liking, but there were stretches of fire that were outstanding.

I'm conflicted on this. If there were a crowd it would have been a MOTYC. I just can't fully buy in on an empty arena match. But in terms of what they did inside the ring, I can't find any flaws. But, for lacking a crowd, I think I have to go with HM.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso for the WWE Universal Championship in an I Quit Hell in a Cell Match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

Oh my loving God. Words cannot express how loving dreadful this was. The lovely match structure, the botches, the :geno: ref, the ACT-ing, the TERRIBLE ending.... Jesus loving Christ.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 26, 2020

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WMOYTC - Miz/Otis, Hell in a Cell 10/25

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

xbilkis posted:

no. loving. doubt. nth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Seconded for sure. Just complete dogshit.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Seconded for sure. Just complete dogshit.

I missed it was it worse than roman vs jey?

Also WMOTY roman vs jey uso hell in the cell

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Macksy posted:

I missed it was it worse than roman vs jey?

Terrible in a completely different way, mostly for the awful, nonsensical and utterly pointless finish Tucker attacked Otis with the briefcase and gifted Miz the win. Then did a promo backstage saying Otis hogged too much spotlight. They're on different brands now so there is nowhere for this story to go.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Terrible in a completely different way, mostly for the awful, nonsensical and utterly pointless finish Tucker attacked Otis with the briefcase and gifted Miz the win. Then did a promo backstage saying Otis hogged too much spotlight. They're on different brands now so there is nowhere for this story to go.

Survivor Series is coming up, pal!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Was Roman/Jey that bad? I didn't watch it but it has an 8.63 on cagematch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Bayley (C) vs. Sasha Banks for the Smackdown Women's Championship in a Hell in a Cell match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

These two are so good together and deserve so much better, but even WWE couldn't get in the way of the two of them just having a hell of a match. Bayley may legitimately be the absolute best all around performer in the promotion.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bayley (C) vs. Sasha Banks for the Smackdown Women's Championship in a Hell in a Cell match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

These two are so good together and deserve so much better, but even WWE couldn't get in the way of the two of them just having a hell of a match. Bayley may legitimately be the absolute best all around performer in the promotion.

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

Was Roman/Jey that bad? I didn't watch it but it has an 8.63 on cagematch.

I hated it, apparently a lot of places around online thought it was really good. Opinions, of course, are subjective! :)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MOTYC - Sasha Banks vs. Bayley, Hell in a Cell 2020

I loved this match, brutal spots Bayley’s great poo poo talking and Sasha overcoming her rival in a truly brutal fashion.

Mod Edit: Put finish behind spoiler tags.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

2nd, this was excellent

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yes this was very good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso for the WWE Universal Championship in an I Quit Hell in a Cell Match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

Oh my loving God. Words cannot express how loving dreadful this was. The lovely match structure, the botches, the :geno: ref, the ACT-ing, the TERRIBLE ending.... Jesus loving Christ.

Nth. The ending was so loving overbooked. SOOOOO much bad dialogue. Awful.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

WWE always find a way to make their WMOTYC worse than the previous ones.

But I did laugh at least.

xbilkis posted:

Nth and this one was just plain bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Nth. WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT ENDING