Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah batman ninja being badly animated is a take I can't truck with

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/57088
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/57085
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/57084

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

this is all cgi..........

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Here's a secret...CGI is still animation. Shhhh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Plus, isn't all animation now basically cgi?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Plus, isn't all animation now basically cgi?

it's all digital but 2D is a different skillset from 3DCG. Kamikaze only does the latter, but they're one of the better studios at it imo

the worst is whatever the studio that does Ajin and Knights of Sidonia is, those guys suck rear end

e: Polygon Pictures, gently caress those people

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 26, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nanigans posted:

Here's a secret...CGI is still animation. Shhhh

it looks like this music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qX02AW48bM

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Bruh, that's deffo :nsfw:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's the matter it's just a whole lotta boobies

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Bruh, that's deffo :nsfw:

sorry

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that music video is an excerpt from a full-length CGI animated movie

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alaois posted:

that music video is an excerpt from a full-length CGI animated movie

the whole thing isnt cgi animated, just a couple of the songs. a bunch of animation studios worked on it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wow. I guess the opening credits they made for the X-Men cartoon in Japan were really different.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

the whole thing isnt cgi animated, just a couple of the songs. a bunch of animation studios worked on it

oh i didn't know it was a collaboration movie, thats cool

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The Spider-Man cartoon finally gave MJ something to do.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

The Spider-Man cartoon finally gave MJ something to do.

The Spider-Man cartoon still exists??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThermoPhysical posted:

The Spider-Man cartoon still exists??

Not anymore, it just ended.

I liked the idea of the final scene, but also lol being sympathetic to teens getting a tech startup open with avengers funding. Some big "the season got cut in half" energy with lizard just being out there and revealing that Miles' dad is made out of bees on the penultimate episode and not having him show up again. Still, like how this Peter ended up becoming far more trusting of all his friends than most and the way he fought Venom at the end.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Technically, they haven't said if there's going to be a season four, I think.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
miles' dad is the nazi bee guy in the cartoon?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well his name is Jefferson Davis. Should've seen it coming.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

site posted:

miles' dad is the nazi bee guy in the cartoon?

Better than being a cop

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's the difference

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Not anymore, it just ended.

I liked the idea of the final scene, but also lol being sympathetic to teens getting a tech startup open with avengers funding. Some big "the season got cut in half" energy with lizard just being out there and revealing that Miles' dad is made out of bees on the penultimate episode and not having him show up again. Still, like how this Peter ended up becoming far more trusting of all his friends than most and the way he fought Venom at the end.

Oh so it just ended with a Venom thing.. cool, I guess.

The show started good, then got pretty mediocre when it turned out that every single person in that world was smart so Peter wasn't really special. Then they just HAD to do Venom everything for the last tiny little "season".

Superior Spider-Man and Ock were the standouts though. Also they dug into the history a bit with obscure villans like Hippo. Other than that it was bland, forgettable, and it ended up really one-note for me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

What's the difference
Cops aren't bees. :rolleyes:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

I think you'll find that indeed All Cops Are Bees.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

ACABees

e: f,b

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, for the bees thing, Miles is living on-campus at Horizon High, meaning he doesn't get to see his dad often. His dad showed up in season one, then by season three, uh, at some point got super pissed off at superheroes for being the reason why villains keep showing up and thrashing his neighborhood. He wanted something better for his son to come back to, and Norman Osborn was like "with bees you can be a vigilante, just help me take down spider-man" so he went all bees, ran Monster Lucha Underground and then fought Miles until his monologue clued off Miles on what was going on and he took off his mask. This makes Jeff go "oh poo poo" and fly away from the show forever.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Technically, they haven't said if there's going to be a season four, I think.

If there's something I've learned from following animation is that you should never count on there being another season until they say there is, specially after an episode has aired and nobody's said anything about new ones. Plus I'm not sure if anything is actually happening on Marvel Animation right now. And a few artists I follow that worked on the show kept mentioning how this or that was their last work on the show.

The show's ultimately pretty uneven. There's lots of valleys but good highs, like the animation when all the spider folk combo into Harry stabbing his dad. More than anything, the things it tries in its grander narrative are pretty legit. Peter getting to a school, to people, that are far more like him than in any incarnation and he still has self-destructive, self-isolating tendencies that he has to overcome. Like all his close friends are Spider-People but he doesn't tell half of them about it until near the end. Superior Spider-man was adapted extremely well, made me really care for Midtown High and Doc Ock's rough redemption. It only got few scenes since they had to wrap the show up in 2 episodes, but the subtle ways Venom manipulated Peter through Max were loving excellent, Venom *wanting* to be a father figure for Peter, and using Max for that is such an interesting thing, that leads to a well earned "IT'S ME, AUSTIN" moment. Would've killed for that to run for a whole half season.

Wouldn't really put it close to Spectacular. And while I like what it's going for more than Ultimate, Ultimate really, really owned what it wanted to do in seasons 3 and 4. Still really liked this iteration.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I hope it gets one more season. I was digging it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

fit em all up in there posted:

I hope it gets one more season. I was digging it.

Yeah, but otoh miles needs this for his mythos:
90s Peter never found Mary Jane, Unlimited is stuck on some venom tower, Spectacular won't get Gwen and Norman is still at large, and now 2017 Miles has bees for a dad

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

90s Peter never found Mary Jane, Unlimited is stuck on some venom tower, Spectacular won't get Gwen and Norman is still at large, and now 2017 Miles has bees for a dad

I didn't realize that hanging plots were a tradition of Spider-Man but that's pretty hilarious

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I don't think it's likely that we get another season - it's another Loeb project, and those haven't had a very high survival rate since he was booted.

I must admit I didn't really like the core premise of Peter getting taken out of his normal school and put in a science academy. It doesn't sit right with me.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MorningMoon posted:

I think MTV Spider-Man might have had some hanging plots too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

I think MTV Spider-Man might have had some hanging plots too

Looks like MTV Spidey filled a suitcase with his suits and rocks, chucked it at the river and that was the end of that lol.

In finding that out i found this loving tidbit

wikipedia posted:

The character of Aunt May was not included in the series (except for a photograph in Peter's bedroom), because MTV executives feared that the appearance of any elderly people would deter their target youth audience from watching

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love that MTV lived fast and died young, just like the culture it was endorsing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MorningMoon posted:

Looks like MTV Spidey filled a suitcase with his suits and rocks, chucked it at the river and that was the end of that lol.

In finding that out i found this loving tidbit

That is definitely the sort of thing I would expect from that horrible show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mtv Spidey looked like a 22 minute PS1 cut scene

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

That is definitely the sort of thing I would expect from that horrible show.

Yeah, because it's totally out of character for Peter Parker to throw away his suit and say "Spider-Man No More"

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
This time he meant it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, because it's totally out of character for Peter Parker to throw away his suit and say "Spider-Man No More"

I mean the part about not having olds because they don't appeal to The Demographic. The show had the energy of a frat boy writing a commercial for Sunny Delite.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

MorningMoon posted:

Sounds like all of the Spider-man cartoons were just playing the long game and setting up a Spider-verse miniseries to resolve all of these at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

Sounds like all of the Spider-man cartoons were just playing the long game and setting up a Spider-verse miniseries to resolve all of these at once.

Oh man I would watch the poo poo out of that