Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

you are not normal

Uh actually I have a grill and I know how to use it. You fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Gripweed posted:

This Ice Cube Bad Faith is pretty boring so far

I've found that to be true of Bad Faith in general. It is mostly just rehashing the sorts of arguments made online/on twitter a million times. It's like an unfunny chapo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

joepinetree posted:

I've found that to be true of Bad Faith in general. It is mostly just rehashing the sorts of arguments made online/on twitter a million times. It's like an unfunny chapo.

It actually expects you to be more online than Chapo. 26 minutes in and they still haven't even explained any of the proposals that are in the contract for black america. They're just talking about the bakclash they apparently got for meeting with Kushner

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i seriously didnt think anyone actually used 2x speed features, i cant even fathom how anyone can enjoy that. like im stressed out now just having read the last couple pages of this thread

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

By listening to each podcast at .25 speed im able to consume 32 different podcasts at the same time

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Why would the way anyone else listens to podcasts stress you out?

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

not looking forward to the cspam podcast thread taking the tcc trajectory of graduating from 1x to 2x, 3x, 4x listening until it’s just a bunch of posters trying to pick up the pieces from their podcast days gone amuck. anyways...my dude have you tried lsd?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

what does stavs laugh sound like at 3x speed

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV7q2qxcExg

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Doc Hawkins posted:

it’s an incredibly extreme way to listen to a podcast, a thing people do as a fun distraction

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

you are doing an mkultra experiment to yourself

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I think the last time I used the speed thing was when I was working at a call center and had an earbud in under my headset to listen to podcasts and in retrospect it was not a healthy coping mechanism

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I Before E posted:

I think the last time I used the speed thing was when I was working at a call center and had an earbud in under my headset to listen to podcasts and in retrospect it was not a healthy coping mechanism

by far the most insane thing yet said on the subject

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

what the gently caress

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm doing the October Horor Challenge in CineD where you watch a lot of horror movies, and I gotta be honest I watched a good chunk of King Kong 76 at 1.5x speed

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i listen to podcasts and music at normal speed, like a neanderthal

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

what does stavs laugh sound like at 3x speed

i haven't tried but i just turned on the stav hypotheticals compilation at 0.25x speed and i'm cracking up

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

this thread arguably has the least normal people on a forum of very not normal people.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

I'm a musician so I guess I'm triggered or whatever but music is literally composed to be at a certain tempo as part of the artistic statement

just don't listen to music if you can't encounter it at its intended speed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

landgrabber posted:

I'm a musician so I guess I'm triggered or whatever but music is literally composed to be at a certain tempo as part of the artistic statement

i wonder what ska is like at .25

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

i wonder what ska is like at .25

the sloth scene from zootropia

seriously though am i the only one that does <1 (0.8-0.9x)? otherwise i have a hard time actually following poo poo and remembering it but i freely admit my sound->brain processor is and has been utter poo poo since I was a kid. made college kind of interesting but got through just by hand-writing down copious amount of notes and reviewing/consolidating notes.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:32 on Oct 26, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

it’s an incredibly extreme way to listen to a podcast, a thing people do as a fun distraction

it does not feel extreme to me, though of course i don't think it's normal

landgrabber posted:

very much agreed, but i don't have the standing to tell someone else they're listening to stuff weird.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

years ago there were a couple artists who would delete anything of their stuff that got uploaded to youtube so people started speeding it up or down a couple percent to get around the internet cops

it was infuriating

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this version of garth brooks' "rodeo" is way too upbeat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

years ago there were a couple artists who would delete anything of their stuff that got uploaded to youtube so people started speeding it up or down a couple percent to get around the internet cops

it was infuriating

There was also that brief horrible Nightcore fad

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Doc Hawkins posted:

i have a high level of empathy.. if i see someone get their eye gouged, my eyes will water. if i realize someone listens to podcasts wrong, my soul winces

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
watching assigned movies at 2x speed with subtitles is viable, but only because you dont have 4 hours to spend watching soviet film but still need to be able to write an essay

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i listen to music more than i listen to pod casts

Joementum posted:

I’ve saved a lot of time by listening to good podcasts and not listening to bad podcasts.

this...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I use text-to-speech on the forums so your posts are read out to me at triple the speed

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

I use text-to-speech on the forums so your posts are read out to me at triple the speed

aeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiou john madden john madden john madden

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

7777777777777777xqcL

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

e-dt posted:

If you hear blind peoples' computers' text to speech it's on such a speed that it's unintelligible to others just because they've had so much practice listening to one voice. I imagine that's how people in this thread listen to podcasts.

my good friend who pvp'd with me in epic hardcore MUD hellmoo literally set teamspeaks text to speech to a different voice so he could ignore it when he needed to lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but anyway back on subject: the big problem with podcasts, which I listen to more than I talk with other real humans, is that I enjoy it too much, so I like to speed it up so I spend less time doing it. I'm also normal.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I don't even listen to every episode of the few podcasts I even like

I probably listen to one out of three streetfight radio eps and its almost never the call-in show, and maybe one in five trillbillies eps

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

How about a more supportive podcast listener community which doesn't shame its members for overindulging in the stranger group discussions we all crave?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

fits my needs posted:

what the gently caress

The job fuckin sucked

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i cant really work while listening to podcasts, got to be music

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

aeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiou john madden john madden john madden

lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i cant really work while listening to podcasts, got to be music

Depends on your job, if I'm going to be stuck in an MEWP running a hydraulic saw four hours at a time I need some people talking in my ears or I'm going to forget how language works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

turning all my fave poods' into juiced up alvin & the chipmunks on crystal meth

*MEEEP MEE WEE MEEP BEEEP MEEP*

hmm very insightful, yes yes indeed

surprisingly enough, Alvin and the Chipmunks slowed down back to regular speed makes the songs sound particularly moody and good

someone did this once and released it as an album, but I can't remember what it was called; it's version of "Walk Like An Egyptian" stands out