Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
thinking about making baked beans with raisins in it. even found a recipe!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233050/apple-baked-beans/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

"lasagna omelette" :barf:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

uber_stoat posted:

thinking about making baked beans with raisins in it. even found a recipe!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233050/apple-baked-beans/

Ah yes, apple skins musn't be peeled in traditional apple beans.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If that was regular baked beans with avocado it'd be interesting but it's pork and beans in that sweet syrup sauce so YEEESH.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Why Japan gotta give everything tentacles?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've seen and reposted that a hundred times but I've always looked right past the Georgia one.

I'm assuming it's the US state and not the country (otherwise it would be some kind of khachapuri or something) but in that case, what the gently caress Georgia

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Absolutely would all of them except Korea.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I've had raisins and carrots in Afghan rice, they were really good in it, but raisins in beans? I'm not convinced

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Cartoon Man posted:

"Ultimate" hot dog style guide but they are missing wisconsin bratwurst. Shameful.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Japan's real big on making their food look cute.

It's real impressive, although it does feel weird to make food aesthetically appealing in a way that has nothing to do with food.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

boar guy posted:

"lasagna omelette" :barf:

Eat at Joe's in Redondo Beach, CA serves something similar to this. They don't include the green sauce/salsa however.

Tony Capozzola Omelette

Spicy Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, onions, and bell pepper, covered in our homemade meat sauce. $9.95

They also serve the John Wayne heartattack special.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
If someone tried to put raisins on my burger I feel like I would just have to fight them.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Content:

BBQ burger with two deep fried grilled cheese as buns.

oh my goodness

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Code Jockey posted:

hell yes

when I die bury me in gumbo, in etouffee

Have a sip.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know where else to share this, but I had a new food adventure tonight. Was at my folks' house for dinner (they're being good about pandemic precautions and so am I, and this area is doing okay, so it was a minimal risk) and Mom made shrimp-stuffed sole, except the market was out of sole so she got "red snapper." That's in quotes since what is sold as "red snapper" can be any number of fish, all of which generally have more bones than sole.

So the meal started with a warning about bones, and I was being alert, but on my second bite a bone stabbed into my tongue. Not like poked it, but full-on pierced my tongue. It took me a second to process this, and then I had to inelegantly reach into my mouth to pull the bone out of my tongue like a big rear end splinter or something. It bled a little afterward, but otherwise wasn't that bad. I've hurt worse from biting my own tongue.

In all the years I have eaten fish, and had to deal with bones, it never occurred to me I could just get straight-up stabbed by one.

The meal was good after that, but my tongue is still a little sore.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Moroccan food often has dried fruit in savoury dishes like tagines and it works well
I'd try the beans with raisins, could be good, depending on the spices

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I've swallowed a fish bone once, swear it snapped on the way down.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Cartoon Man posted:

where the gently caress is the australian sausage sizzle!?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GoldStandardConure posted:

in a different exhaustively researched and totally accurate infographic

edit:
lol vv

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Oct 26, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bloop posted:

in a different exhaustively researched and totally accurate infographic

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Not on a chart of hotdogs, for a start.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I had to google that and I’m not impressed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

I had to google that and I’m not impressed.

Pigs in a tarpaulin

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Pocket-square pizzles

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Hotdogs in breadslices just sucks, no question about it. But hotdogs in tortillas is still the absolute worst.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Hotdogs in breadslices just sucks, no question about it. But hotdogs in tortillas is still the absolute worst.

Why IS it so bad? It doesn't seem like it should be bad, but it's terrible

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Not enough crust is my guess. Like a slice of bread doesn't have quite the same taste or structural integrity as a hotdog bun.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Why IS it so bad? It doesn't seem like it should be bad, but it's terrible

Flour tortillas have a strange flavor sometimes, esp the store bought ones, and it can just screw up certain dishes. The bread slices taste right with a hotdog but end up being too thin where you need em to not be, the texture ends up being just off.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Flour tortillas have a strange flavor sometimes, esp the store bought ones, and it can just screw up certain dishes. The bread slices taste right with a hotdog but end up being too thin where you need em to not be, the texture ends up being just off.

The best hot dog buns are the New England variety that are flat on the sides like a regular bread slice so they can be toasted, but they are slightly thicker than regular sliced bread and so give the perfect ratio/consistency

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yeah I commented on this a few weeks ago. Grocery store flour tortillas have this weird sourness that you never get in restaurants, even mass production ones like Chipotle. I guess if they don’t have to worry about shelf life and they have a steamer there’s no reason to buy Mission

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

Ah yes, apple skins musn't be peeled in traditional apple beans.

i think i'm slightly relieved to learn these are apple slices, i thought it was avocado.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

The best hot dog buns are the New England variety that are flat on the sides like a regular bread slice so they can be toasted, but they are slightly thicker than regular sliced bread and so give the perfect ratio/consistency

Oh god yes. I think the problem is lovely white bread just get squished, so you need something THICC and FIRM.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Yeah I commented on this a few weeks ago. Grocery store flour tortillas have this weird sourness that you never get in restaurants, even mass production ones like Chipotle. I guess if they don’t have to worry about shelf life and they have a steamer there’s no reason to buy Mission

We've noticed ones that straight up smell like butt, like so odd smelling we've thrown em away immediately. Now we're on to these ones you cook at home:

Throw em into a pan and they puff up and get a little crispy and taste super good. Still doubt they'd do ok with a hotdog, but they do great with everything else.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Australians in general seem to have some....ideas about white bread.

Pictured: Fairy bread

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

We've noticed ones that straight up smell like butt, like so odd smelling we've thrown em away immediately. Now we're on to these ones you cook at home:

Throw em into a pan and they puff up and get a little crispy and taste super good. Still doubt they'd do ok with a hotdog, but they do great with everything else.

:eyepop: Interesting.

Lately I've been getting those Guerrero corn tostadas (the round flat ones) for taco purposes, they're real good (but obvs wouldn't help much with a hot dog)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath posted:

seconded, these are quite good

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Generally if you're going storebought the ones you cook yourself are better than the ready-to-eat. I also recommend a tortilla warmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395240284377841685/770325476337516564/milk.mp4#t=0.01