Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Happy Dan is Loud Wrong Day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I follow the Marlins very casually, but I am so invested in this postseason run for my guy Billy.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Ehud posted:

I follow the Marlins very casually, but I am so invested in this postseason run for my guy Billy.

Likewise. My baseball interests now solely align with fans I like: Marlins for Billy, Yankees for Desus & Mero. I hope the Marlins win and that Billy gets to rant over O Fortuna.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I jinxed it :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I jinxed it :smith:

Thanks rear end in a top hat

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What are the odds Mike Ryan is a Proud Boy?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Seriouspost I think I saw somewhere that he's a nevertrump libertarian, but I can't remember if that was speculation or actual fact.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

swickles posted:

What are the odds Mike Ryan is a Proud Boy?

Someone's gotta fill the Will Cain role

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I no longer get Highly Questionable on my digital package.

So I listen to the podcast.

I can tell what they're showing each time based on Dan's reaction.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

I no longer get Highly Questionable on my digital package.

So I listen to the podcast.

I can tell what they're showing each time based on Dan's reaction.

I hate that they record that show by seemingly just putting an iPhone up near the TV speakers. it sounds so loving bad some days.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Will Cain is finally home

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1316709701854416896?s=20

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am loving Stugotz cruising around my neighborhood screaming gently caress You! at people not wearing masks.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ehud posted:

Will Cain is finally home

His show I missed the least. What a shithead.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

on the opposite end of the political spectrum

https://twitter.com/realStanVG/status/1318986910040264704

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh no Stan don't do it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Stan is too good for the NBA, which is actually a compliment!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Huh, I finally have a reason to root for a specific NBA team. I guess I'm a Pelicans fan now. This is my proof that I didn't bandwagon them for Zion.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Saw this and had to share

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You know, I would much rather listen to the David Sampson local hour than the Jason Lieser local hour :shrug:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
live caller Tua songs coming in today hell yeah

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so the video simulcast will move exclusively to espn+ on november 9th

as will the video simulcasts of all daytime espn radio shows

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Anyone listening to the Pat McAfee show? I've been watching a lot of the stuff they put on YouTube and it's fun and charming.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Vertical Lime posted:

so the video simulcast will move exclusively to espn+ on november 9th

as will the video simulcasts of all daytime espn radio shows

Are they shutting down ESPNews or something?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Are they shutting down ESPNews or something?

would make sense, but i don't think so

at this point it's basically an espn overflow channel

in non-lebatard news

https://twitter.com/WFAN660/status/1321516347927482368

the rumor mill says craig carton, straight out of jail, is gonna replace him

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

Anyone listening to the Pat McAfee show? I've been watching a lot of the stuff they put on YouTube and it's fun and charming.

Don't listen to it listen to it but it pops up in my YouTube and I watch it yeah.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I never understood the hate towards Mike Ryan until today's Big Suey. Jeeeeesus.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like Mike Ryan. I think the show would fall apart without him. He puts up with a lot of poo poo acting as the go between of Dan and ESPN, dealing with Stugotz being irresponsible, etc.

And I think he does a good job helping to carry the content burden because Stugotz doesn’t really try anymore.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I've started finding Stu much less entertaining over the last year or so

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ehud posted:

I like Mike Ryan. I think the show would fall apart without him. He puts up with a lot of poo poo acting as the go between of Dan and ESPN, dealing with Stugotz being irresponsible, etc.

And I think he does a good job helping to carry the content burden because Stugotz doesn’t really try anymore.

today’s local hour is already up and they’re addressing this

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I used to think Mike being serious sports dude was an act but jesus. He really wants to know about Tua's footwork.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Ehud posted:

I generally like him, too, and see that he's a necessary counterbalance to both the crew's chaos and to ESPN's suppressive order. It's also impressive that he's able to do the above while contributing, and I'm willing to believe that yesterday was an outlier. I was only saying that, after that segment with Mina, I can better understand him not being to someone else's taste because that Big Suey had some unlikable tendencies cranked up to 11.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah that podcast with Mina was real bad and was the embodiment of why people dont like Mike.

I generally like him but good god he couldnt have been more unlikable in that interview if he tried. He also has a few CHUD tendancies in him, but I have generally thought it was to play devil's advocate for the sake of content. Not so sure as the show goes on. Roy as always is pure and good.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've worked enough lovely restaurant jobs when I was younger that I was really disappointed in the segment a few weeks (months?) ago when Greg Cote outed himself as every rear end in a top hat customer you've ever had.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

some good talk on the local hour about how cubans in south florida vote

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So LeBatard wasn't on today and yesterday ESPN announced a bunch of layoffs. Katie Nolan's producer just announced she was one of the lay offs so now I am worried about the Shipping Container.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

So LeBatard wasn't on today and yesterday ESPN announced a bunch of layoffs. Katie Nolan's producer just announced she was one of the lay offs so now I am worried about the Shipping Container.

Hmm. I can't imagine they brought on Ju Ju Gotti to do social media a few days before laying off any of the guys though.

:ohdear:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ehud posted:

Hmm. I can't imagine they brought on Ju Ju Gotti to do social media a few days before laying off any of the guys though.

:ohdear:

billy favored some tweets of laid off employees fwiw

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it would honestly be super badass if that's how things end at ESPN

They try to fire a shipping container member, Dan says gently caress you we're not doing a show if you fire so and so, they end up podcast only on a new platform where they're free to do things how they want

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Any specific reason there wasn't a show today? I was looking forward to it for multiple reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Any specific reason there wasn't a show today? I was looking forward to it for multiple reasons.

No one knows. We're all speculating that it could be that one of the guys was included in the ESPN layoffs so they didn't do the show out of solidarity.

But we have no idea.