Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

You can look up compilations on youtube for the funny ones.

Sending someone looking for funny TikToks is the 2020 equivalent of sending the apprentice for tartan paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was actually being serious because I watch them sometimes :v:

But granted my brain might not be the best baseline of what funny is.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

I was actually being serious because I watch them sometimes :v:

But granted my brain might not be the best baseline of what funny is.

I think this might be the only genuinely good one i've ever seen:

https://twitter.com/rosielanners/status/1277545491052584960

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Lungboy posted:

Eamon de Valera is not how I'd imagined they'd be.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Going to be furnishing my new place soon, any recommendations? Is Wayfair any good? Just want to consider other options before I get everything from IKEA.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Lungboy posted:

I wonder if we could still get a clean sweep.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Lungboy posted:

There's quite a few on there (Finland, Romania and Japan were the three that jumped out) that we've definitely never invaded but did declare war on at some point. Also stretching it a bit to claim we invaded Portugal - I mean technically we did "invade", in that we came in with gunboats and Wellington and Sean Bean and all that lot, but that was at the request of our oldest allies to give Napoleon a richly-deserved slapping.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

BizarroAzrael posted:

Going to be furnishing my new place soon, any recommendations? Is Wayfair any good? Just want to consider other options before I get everything from IKEA.

See if you have any local 2nd hand furniture/charity shops. You can get some really good deals there sometimes and it's worth at least checking out.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is Wayfair any good?
I heard that they traffic children in their furniture and one of the children looked at me.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Guavanaut posted:

I heard that they traffic children in their furniture and one of the children looked at me.

Well no, but they did sell stuff to Trumpy border concentration camps.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/26/736308620/wayfair-employees-protest-sale-of-furniture-to-migrant-detention-center

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Guavanaut posted:

One of my supervisors was telling me about this but had somehow never heard of qanon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

BizarroAzrael posted:

have you considered breaking into unoccupied mansions in chelsea and stealing their furniture

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

The cylinders are a complete rip-off though, there's only about 400g of CO2 in them, so it works out at £32/kg even excluding the tank, or on their subscription service for £120 a year £30/kg. Pub suppliers will charge a 6.35kg tank for about £15, £2.40/kg, and even the pro-tier option of a BOC small cylinder rental scheme works out about £5/kg.

They're the printer cartridges of the kitchen appliance world, so I'd only get one if I had somewhere to put an adapter and a small tank.

How about CO2 fire extinguishers? They're used for cheaply pumping CO2 into fishtanks.

jabby posted:

Death cert stuff.

I am sure some gammon would blow a gasket if they realised how quickly a death could be certified for a Muslim compared to their Nan where the mortuary team take a week to track down the only responsible doctor they can contact because everyone is on-call, on-leave or never answers the bleep.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Z the IVth posted:

How about CO2 fire extinguishers? They're used for cheaply pumping CO2 into fishtanks.
I did think of that, but they're expensive compared to refill compared to bar tanks, I imagine because of the extra safety certifications and checks, and there's no guarantee that the CO2 is food grade.

The 'home bar' ones seem decent and don't have the rolling rental costs of BOC.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Check British heart foundation, especially if you're a cheapo like me (and you'd be helping charity too)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Miftan posted:

See if you have any local 2nd hand furniture/charity shops. You can get some really good deals there sometimes and it's worth at least checking out.

Seconding this, we used to have a shop nearby that I assume did clearances of recently passed away elderly folk. So many deluxe China cabinets, that could be repurposed as all sorts of things with a little imagination. I'm sad I only got a couple of small bits before they closed.

Vv yeah absolutely freecycle type sites, someone was only too happy to take away our old IKEA double bed, that was held together with cable ties. (IKEA stuff is fine but really not meant to be disassembled and moved without zen like care)

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 26, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

BizarroAzrael posted:

You might also have luck on Facebook. If you're not fussy and/or are willing to do some touch up loads of people sell their old furniture for a fraction of their cost. I know when I moved I gave away most of my already cheap IKEA furniture on Facebook and it was all in fantastic shape.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Freecycle is also great for second-hand furniture, you can often get stuff for free if you collect it yourself

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Quality on Wayfair varies wildly. Some is slightly better than ikea quality, some is worse. I’ve been impressed by their customer service though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/26/jeremy-corbyn-chief-of-staff-labour-antisemites-karie-murphy?__twitter_impression=true

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesla was right posted:

They found evidence that water's more common than previously thought (could be anywhere instead of in specific places)
Fucks SAKE now I have to rewrite the start of my book again.

Stop loving finding water on planets NASA!

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016
So what they're saying is we're one step closer to whalers on the moon?

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

forkboy84 posted:

At my grandad's funeral I had to hold one of the corners as it was lowered into the grave & I was fidgeting & thoughtlessly wrapped the cord around my hand and when they started lowering the thing I almost fell into the grave. That'd have been cool.
I lowered like rappelling at first. Thought there was a pulley in play since it felt so light. Not in keeping with the dignity of the ceremony.

Z the IVth posted:

I am sure some gammon would blow a gasket if they realised how quickly a death could be certified for a Muslim compared to their Nan where the mortuary team take a week to track down the only responsible doctor they can contact because everyone is on-call, on-leave or never answers the bleep.
Is that because of historical kicking off, PALS challenges, or is it a voluntary adaption to the religion? How do the staff feel about it?

mrpwase posted:

Not sure he'd allow that high a skirt, but at least he'd be happy she appeared to be staying in the home.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
As some ITT are parents of young kids (under 12) and may have (or be) grandparents, aunts, uncles etc assisting with childcare (apparently even 'by zoom' counts!) and may be in receipt of parent NI credit while also paying NI via work, this article might be of interest as in some cases you can transfer 'unused' NI credits to those assisting with the childcare.

Sorry it's a heil link:

Heil/money/pensions/article-8872121/How-free-grandparent-state-pension-credits.html

(Says 'grandparent' in the heading but apparently quite a range of relatives it can apply to.)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Fucks SAKE now I have to rewrite the start of my book again.

Stop loving finding water on planets NASA!

Fiction or Non- Fiction

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mrpwase posted:

I mean he did do drag, but only for escaping form prison

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re: Sodastreams they're absolute loving garbage and you can make soda water at home using an old coke bottle, a regulator, some adaptors and a bottle of food grade (ask for whatever they'd sell for use in beer carbonation) CO2 from your local BOC gas merchant. Sodastream are absolute crooks and honestly they rely on the equipment being just slightly too esoteric for the layman to build but actually super straight forward once you understand them.

https://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home-carbonation-system/ gives a really good example, but I think you can get even cheaper parts these days.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Keir Starmer ran over a cyclist

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Recently?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol I out the night manager on to watch because I barely remember it and yikes it's handling of the Egypt uprising

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nutapii posted:

Is that because of historical kicking off, PALS challenges, or is it a voluntary adaption to the religion? How do the staff feel about it?

No idea how it came about. From a staff point of view this usually means the night shift doctor get the dubious honour of staying behind to wait for the mortuary team to come in to sort out the paperwork. Depending on how efficient they are I imagine this can range from nbd to irritating if you've just had a rough night. Like jabby's case mine was semi-expected so things were already in place and it wasn't too bad. I can imagine it being a total shitshow as well though.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Did that baloney faced oval office seriously hit and run someone lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Keir Starmer ran over a cyclist

Why he'd already got Corbyn's job?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crispix posted:

Did that baloney faced oval office seriously hit and run someone lol

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1320856026409799680?s=19

https://twitter.com/angryaboutbikes/status/1320866022283464704?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If he has to step down because he ran someone over that's the stupidest loving outcome for 2020.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the sun posted:

Arsenal fan Sir Keir’s family home in Kentish Town, is worth about £1.8million.

Who else was an arsenal fan?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If he has to step down because he ran someone over that's the stupidest loving outcome for 2020.

In this dogshit country it'll probably only boost his approval ratings.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

cyclist probably was a dole bludging foreigner who came here explicitly to commit insurance scams, pension fraud and benefit stealing crimes, so kier was actually being an english patriot for running him over. also kier was wearing a poppy at the time and cyclist was that so it's clear the illegal scrounger hates britain and its troops too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Of course he drives a loving wankermobile SUV too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Gonzo McFee posted:

In this dogshit country it'll probably only boost his approval ratings.

Courting the Top Gear vote, clever from Sir Keir.