Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

i want to beat that dude

an eternity of wedgies and swirlies would not be enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the delorean looks like it weighs about 12,000 pounds

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

please note that the car itself is also a mashup of back to the future, ghostbusters, buckaroo banzai, and knight rider poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohs7uUNxko

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i hate him SO loving much

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Buckaroo Banzai: ok KITT when you hit 88 you're gonne see some serious poo poo

KITT: I feel so funky

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

every fiber in my being wants to take that guy's milk money and toss him in a dumpster

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

ghostbusters plate and the '88 mph' quote from bttf

i want to beat that dude

same not even considering his pro-ghost hitler plate

he was doing a book tour/library discussion around ohio and i was tempted to go and harangue him about his abysmal nerd girl thirst ramblings

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMBylNJQEbg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

every fiber in my being wants to take that guy's milk money and toss him in a dumpster

as a grade school nerd i can say definitively even id have bullied him

i like to think his success is a cage not unlike notch and he will continue to self own no matter what he does

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the best part is that you could absolutely time the punch to him trying the "these aren't the droids you're looking for" line

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

the best part is that you could absolutely time the punch to him trying the "these aren't the droids you're looking for" line

lol that would have been the best use of all the useless nerd stuff i knew then

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
demi owns

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The dude is like the living manifestation of a Consumer but I mean there are far worse people in the world to have a raging hateboner for idk.

If he was a bit less weird about women and toned the everything down a little bit he'd be fairly unremarkable in the grand scheme of things.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sapozhnik posted:

The dude is like the living manifestation of a Consumer but I mean there are far worse people in the world to have a raging hateboner for idk.

If he was a bit less weird about women and toned the everything down a little bit he'd be fairly unremarkable in the grand scheme of things.

yeah

this makes no sense sense

we wouldn’t be talking about it

unless a collective of assholes formed around him

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yeah

this makes no sense sense

we wouldn’t be talking about it

unless a collective of assholes formed around him

honestly i don't think cline has any real fanboy clinger-on groups, at least not to any significant degree. he wrote a fairly lovely book aimed at gen-xers going 'haha remember that time when your life didn't suck? THAT THING!" of essentiallyt 1 million family guy lines compiled into paper format. but it was not him in itself that anyone has/had any attachment to.

anyways i don't hate him, he's basically just dan brown but more 80s callbacks; and just as it was trite to say how much you hate da vinci code in some sort of signalling that you aren't a lame normie, the same mostly applies. hes just a mentally-stunted manchild trying to capture the nostalgia of the days where their life wasn't awful and actually had his dopamine receptors firing off that no longer do, and wrote a fanfic book about the 80s to ensmother himself in it once more. And turns out just that appealed to enough people to sell some copies and then the biggest hack egotistical director made a movie out of it because like half the references were to him and that appealed to his legacy boomer brain.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 26, 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i just posted that picture of him to answer the question of whether he had done anything original

no. no he has not.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
does Spielberg really count as a hack

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

indigi posted:

early spielberg: no

late spielberg: ehh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

indigi posted:

back in the 80s and 90s? no. his last decent film was in 1998 though. and that was still maudlin boomer poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

minority report was 2002 and it was p deece.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it should've remained the sequel to total recall

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

pseudorandom name posted:

Interstellar is terrible, though. It is the canonical example that Christopher Nolan produces films where the sun is less than the total of its parts.

negative its actually good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
it's very very good as a series of action set pieces

as a narrative it's quite garbaggio

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i didnt take too much energy to parse the interstellar story line because i knew it would bounce around a lot, but if you cant enjoy those big imax shots of a spacecraft with a lens-flaring black hole blowing up the screen while they do cold thruster burns idk what to say. i really liked the technicals of that film, for lack of a better term

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
yeah the black hole loving ruled. the tsunami planet ruled as well

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i also liked the scene with the military robits

but yeah that movie was a slog

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

interstellar was cool and I like watching it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
did you know uwe boll has a letterboxd account

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

while i approve of his lowtax-punching policies, i'm not sure there's much else to like about uwe boll

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

indigi posted:

it's very very good as a series of action set pieces

as a narrative it's quite garbaggio

sunshine: garbagio in d minor

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

interstellar’s story was terrible and the audio mix was literally the worst I’ve ever experience in theaters and the visuals and funny robots weren’t enough to make up for the rest of the garbage.

not as bad as inception, though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pseudorandom name posted:

not as bad as inception, though.

that sums up my feelings. although i dont remember the audio mix to be bad, but i pirated it. i find most movies have garbage audio mixing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
uwe boll talking poo poo on alita EHHHHH

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i think my least favorite parts of interstellar were the dusty farmhouse scenes. i literally did not care about any of them besides the one deception scene and even that was mild

but lets talk about alita that poo poo owned ill box haters

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Alita was terrific and had heart. Anyone who focused on the lol giant eyes thing was going in with that goal in mind

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i didnt like the boyfriend but the rest was good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i thought alita was boring and the only people that seem to like it also like anime

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

i didnt like the boyfriend but the rest was good

To be fair, Hugo was a bit of an annoying dumb dumb in the comic as well, so the actor nailed that, if possibly by accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c sopranos s: “full leather jacket” is an insanely lol name for an episode in a mafia dramedy, drat