Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

what a good pic for trashed crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

nut posted:

what a good pic for trashed crew

more falafel please

forums poster

cleared hades :)

next two runs I got to the last boss too, but with like very little health and no death defy. last run I got a tiny vermin and I literally thought I was doing something wrong cause it took forever to kill. that's just another boss wtf

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Bobby Deluxe

Finger Prince posted:

I try to walk a bunch on the weekend and go for bike rides but the weather is turning for poo poo now so it'll just be walkies mainly through the winter. Can you play it just as a collection and PVE game? Or do you have to battle tryhard randos and maintain the pokes like tamagochis and poo poo?
i you want to 100% catch em all sure you can do the raids and battles

no maintaining or feeding needed although you get bonuses if you do interact with your buddy

i play it while walking my dog, just catch what is around me, occasionally leave a big dude guarding a gym for coins which you will always want to spend on expanding your pokemon storage

occasionally i run into the local raid group and join in but mostly just casually catch things round the park.

i do feel a bit sad if i miss out on a raid only legendary, but that is the price of being a casual, and if you do run into a raid group you can sometimes trade for any you are missing

the pvp is not as bad as it sounds, you match with randos, there are 5 matches and you get prizes based on how many matches you win sort of like a tiny battle pass

there are different leagues with different strength caps so you will not be immediately owned by a 4k cp perfect IV legendary and its pretty easy to get 3 mons to 1500~ for the basic league

if you like pikachu wearing hats you will like this game!

Goons Are Gifts

Important announcement: Pikmin 3 is loving amazing

RoboFrance_29

GET EQUIPPED
i've been playing too much racing sim games and I'm jumping back into something open with a story

I'm gonna play both but red dead 2 or outer worlds first?

Jinh

I'd say outer worlds first. You might wind up sinking a million hours into red dead, but outer worlds is pretty much one-and-done.

Bobby Deluxe

Jinh posted:

I'd say outer worlds first. You might wind up sinking a million hours into red dead, but outer worlds is pretty much one-and-done.
i am thinking of doing it again for the dlc because i feel like i hosed up the first planet. i assumed if i helped the hippie commies they would move back into the fish factory, except they just sort of stayed in their weird commune and the fish factory dudes are all sad

im sure theres a compromise option because there is in most of the other planets

also theres dlc soon

RoboFrance_29

GET EQUIPPED
i'll go the space-route then, thanks for the suggestions!

RoboFrance_29

GET EQUIPPED
sidenote, i also recently finished alien isolation and i'm ready to not play a game that induces so much anxiety lmao

it was fun though! wife sat & watched me play through it as she's a lover of all things horror. on the ps4 version theres a gimmick setting where you can have the game also listen for noise coming through the camera mic and she insisted that be turned on and kept making the dogs bark during tense moments and then i was promptly hunted down :mad:

Bobby Deluxe

my first encounter with the alien was weird

i got the cutscene, and then immediately ran into the warehouse and hid behind a box by the lift

either i found a really good hiding place or the scripting broke because it never attacked. the tense music stopped and the lift arrived, so i got up and walked in

oh cool, audio log on the seat!

thump thump thump thump

tail through the chest. irl screamed and dropped my controller at 1am. woke up my wife

thats my alien story hit that like and subscribe buttons

RoboFrance_29

GET EQUIPPED
lmao

that's a good alien story

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i also play pokemon go but only as an expression of my tribal impulses because i live across the street from a gym it’s my gym MINE AND YOU CAN’T HAVE IT FIONASNAPPLE YOU CAN’T HAVE IT TNUGGS007 YOU CAN’T HAVE IT WOLFMOM19

Bobby Deluxe

can i have it

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

can I kick it?

*waits patiently*

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

gdamn that's a good rear end sig

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Finger Prince

Jolo posted:

can I kick it?

*waits patiently*

Yes you can!

Prof. Crocodile

Jolo posted:

can I kick it?

*waits patiently*

Finger Prince posted:

Yes you can!

go on then

beer pal

im finally playing soma again i tried playing it a few years ago but i got too spooked even though im a very brave boy and watch horror movies all the time. its been hanging over my head like i want to finish it bc the setting & themes are cool to me. i got caught up last night to where i got to last time and guess what its not that scary when u know everything thats gonna happen

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

snergle

A kind little mouse!

Goons Are Garlic posted:

Important announcement: Pikmin 3 is loving amazing

is it on the switch? i have it on the wii u but the second i got it my wiiu broke and nintendo wanted like 200$ to fix it so i never played it. also is 1 and 2 on switch because i was mid play through of 1 when the wiiu broke. ide like to play all 3 in a row.

Jolo

beer pal posted:

im finally playing soma again i tried playing it a few years ago but i got too spooked even though im a very brave boy and watch horror movies all the time. its been hanging over my head like i want to finish it bc the setting & themes are cool to me. i got caught up last night to where i got to last time and guess what its not that scary when u know everything thats gonna happen

Soma has an excellent story that really stuck with me. I got really annoyed with this part where you have to stealth by this thing in a claustrophobic area and I just kept getting caught over and over. That game has a mode where you can make your character invincible but back when I played it you had to have selected that when you started the game or start completely over if you wanted to switch.

So, I ended up watching someone else play through the last third of the game. Still really enjoyed it because the story is so strong. Hope you're able to get through it all, it's good stuff.

Finger Prince

I picked up dragon age inquisition for $5 on the playstation store the other day. It's a pretty fun and a pretty addictive. Very good RPG so far. I never played a dragon age game before, but I'm liking this one. (I think I may have tried the demo of the first one when it came out but I really don't remember much of it).

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

I picked up dragon age inquisition for $5 on the playstation store the other day. It's a pretty fun and a pretty addictive. Very good RPG so far. I never played a dragon age game before, but I'm liking this one. (I think I may have tried the demo of the first one when it came out but I really don't remember much of it).

i never finished it because it got really grindy in the middle. i was excited about the story though

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

i never finished it because it got really grindy in the middle. i was excited about the story though

So far the grindiness is just right, like ahh gently caress the monsters in this spot are too tough! Gonna have to level up a bit doing missions elsewhere (even if that means in other map instances), then come back to it. I haven't got to a point where it's run around looking for random spawns to beat up for xp yet, but I see can see the potential.

Mummy Napkin
just hopping in here to say the Xbox game pass thing rules. I wanted to play the deep galactic space dwarf game for a while and saw it was on there now and installed it to my xbone from the app while I’m at work.

I know it’s all old hat to people now but for old dummies like me it’s a treat to have what feels like FREE GAMES even though you technically pay a sub

Finger Prince

I was thinking about RDR2 yesterday. Right now I'm on a hiatus in the Saint Denis and surrounding swamps portion of the game. One of the reasons I took a break is it's all getting involved with city intrigue and it's so far away from and is such a pain to get to from the hinterlands in the north-west where the things I really enjoy about the game, exploring and hunting and fishing, the places I'd really rather spend my time playing, that I just usually can't be bothered.
And it just hit me.
Ohh. I get it. I get the whole thrust of this story. I mean, I understood it before, but I never really felt it, felt the subtlety of it. Maybe I'm kinda dense, but yeah of course you're meant to enjoy hunting and fishing out in the hinterlands part of the game more. The open world and the beauty of if, more than all the civilization and doing missions bullshit. Congrats, now you feel like how Arthur feels.

snergle

A kind little mouse!

Mummy Napkin posted:

just hopping in here to say the Xbox game pass thing rules. I wanted to play the deep galactic space dwarf game for a while and saw it was on there now and installed it to my xbone from the app while I’m at work.

I know it’s all old hat to people now but for old dummies like me it’s a treat to have what feels like FREE GAMES even though you technically pay a sub

thats a fun game

FutonForensic

whenever im in my car outside the grocery store, putting on my covid mask, payday 2 music starts playing in my head. am i twisted?

Yuu Morisawa

Watch Creamy Mami
I'm still playing ACNH almost every day

Bobby Deluxe

i took me a long time to break the acnh habit and seeing the halloween stuff was like somebody waving a bing old pint of heroin in front of my face

Goons Are Gifts

Playing it right now, still can't stop might never be able to stop

Evan Jellicle

i am playing thru diablo 3 as a demon hunter this time.

Finally starting to lose interest in ACNH after playing every day for six months...The seasonal updates are neat but I miss Brewster. I need that sweet sweet pigeon milk

Thank you CoG for this crisp winter sig!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Dark Souls 2 time again. Breezed through first few bosses, now I'm at the point where I always lose interest - right after Lost Bastille where it's kinda up to you where to go and I just shrug and go gather items and dick around

Jinh

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Dark Souls 2 time again. Breezed through first few bosses, now I'm at the point where I always lose interest - right after Lost Bastille where it's kinda up to you where to go and I just shrug and go gather items and dick around

Hey I'm in lost bastille. Haven't played in a month though. I was stuck and just recently read that you have to bomb the door in the tower where you meet that lady which seems like kind of a guide dang it. I kept trying to save up for the cat ring and losing it all too lol, hope to get the souls for it by the time I finish the area.

take the moon

by sebmojo

Jolo posted:

Soma has an excellent story that really stuck with me. I got really annoyed with this part where you have to stealth by this thing in a claustrophobic area and I just kept getting caught over and over. That game has a mode where you can make your character invincible but back when I played it you had to have selected that when you started the game or start completely over if you wanted to switch.

So, I ended up watching someone else play through the last third of the game. Still really enjoyed it because the story is so strong. Hope you're able to get through it all, it's good stuff.

theres a level like this in observer too. i signed up for a walking sim so i wouldnt die dangit

im getting into magic arena. had a bunch of wildcards so i made a red-black deck i found on the internet. i dont think its been good for my life tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

dark souls is cool imo

take the moon posted:

im getting into magic arena. had a bunch of wildcards so i made a red-black deck i found on the internet. i dont think its been good for my life tho

mtg is cool imo. Arena as an app has good and bad bits imo.

take the moon

by sebmojo

The Klowner posted:

mtg is cool imo. Arena as an app has good and bad bits imo.

i just like it cuz i can play magic w/o venturing outside my room tbh

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

take the moon posted:

i just like it cuz i can play magic w/o venturing outside my room tbh

this. I got into drafting via arena right after covid never having done one previously. while I'm looking forward to doing a real life draft with people eventually, it's gonna be a long time before that happens for me

ulvir

YourHeadaSplode414 posted:

I'm still playing ACNH almost every day

I wish that fucker Redd would just have a set day every week, instead of whatever cycle it is these days. getting a complete museum is the only reason I’m still playing this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe

my wife was on a facebook crafting group and they set up a swap circle for recipes turnips fossils and artworks so we had a full museum within a month

the only stuff i got credit for was the sea stuff because she was working shifts when it released so i submitted all the easy ones