Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

sunshine: garbagio in d minor

Sunshine was just a weak ripoff of Solar Crisis.

e: Oh poo poo it's on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLJfnlzHKZc

Ornamental Dingbat fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jonny is wrong, alita was just ok. the eyes were fine, though.

jonny is correct, the farmhouse scenes in interstellar were not why it was good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Alita was terrible and no characters had persistent motivations. also all the dialogue was clearly written by Markov generators. The fight scenes ruled except for the last one which was stupid, the eyes were fine, the weirdo dad guy was the only decent actor

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1320902587856478208

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

c sopranos s: “full leather jacket” is an insanely lol name for an episode in a mafia dramedy, drat

I finished my re-watch last night and the ending is still one of the worst endings ever

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I finished my re-watch last night and the ending is still one of the worst endings ever
famously so

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sopranosnocnxt/status/1082652166710575105

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sopranosnocnxt/status/1081682189434023936

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
last night we watched the episode with jon favreau as himself and it was very entourage-y and probably the worst one of s2 so far

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

last night we watched the episode with jon favreau as himself and it was very entourage-y and probably the worst one of s2 so far

huge transphobia in that episode. chris loving around with the gun was funny though

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

huge transphobia in that episode. chris loving around with the gun was funny though
it’s true, although chris does refer to the trans woman as “she” consistently which is... well, maybe an accident in the writer’s room for all we know

it was a hosed up plot device compared to literally any other option

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Watching The Abyss rn and it's still really good.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

chris elliott makes every movie better

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

i always remember how long that movie seemed to be

140 minutes seems quaint these days - transformers 4 with marky mark is 165 minutes and pirates 3 comes in at 168 lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s true, although chris does refer to the trans woman as “she” consistently which is... well, maybe an accident in the writer’s room for all we know

it was a hosed up plot device compared to literally any other option

at least every character is a piece of poo poo so it's not out of nowhere

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it gets pretty bad with the whole vito thing too, but it's good to keep showing just how terrible these people are

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it gets pretty bad with the whole vito thing too, but it's good to keep showing just how terrible these people are
i find certain choices honestly impressive for how awful and stupid they reveal the main characters to be. like the ep where robert patrick’s character “””gives””” tony his son’s suv towards a gambling debt. the same son who is known to tony to be close friend with tony’s daughter.

tony tries to pass it off as a cool dad gift to his daughter and she instantly recognizes it and flips out. he gets angry seemingly over that he never thought of the possibility. truly outstanding stuff lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

i find certain choices honestly impressive for how awful and stupid they reveal the main characters to be. like the ep where robert patrick’s character “””gives””” tony his son’s suv towards a gambling debt. the same son who is known to tony to be close friend with tony’s daughter.

tony tries to pass it off as a cool dad gift to his daughter and she instantly recognizes it and flips out. he gets angry seemingly over that he never thought of the possibility. truly outstanding stuff lol

yeah, the kid flipping out backstage was really really good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah, the kid flipping out backstage was really really good
the first realistic and intelligent reaction of the series? lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FMguru posted:

chris elliott makes every movie better

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

the first realistic and intelligent reaction of the series? lol

tony constantly going on about hard work and how he works so hard every day drove me fuckin crazy. bitch you never worked a day in your life you just steal and kill people

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, it's hard work

you ever dig a grave?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

yeah, it's hard work

you ever dig a grave?

that's why paulie and chris make the person they're gonna kill do it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
omg paulie calling some ghosts queers and throwing a chair at them lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

yeah, it's hard work

you ever dig a grave?
pft. dig two, then we’ll talk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

tony constantly going on about hard work and how he works so hard every day drove me fuckin crazy. bitch you never worked a day in your life you just steal and kill people
yeah it’s lol in the same way that paulie complaining about italian cuisine/cultural appropriation is funny

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

yeah it’s lol in the same way that paulie complaining about italian cuisine/cultural appropriation is funny

commendatore!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/908184700405116928

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

commendatore!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

you ever dig a grave?

Yeah they're ok.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also lol there's a tweet first reveal of the new Batwoman played by a black gal and absolutely-not-racist whities are mad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah they're ok.

:dadjoke:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPCcBZnJUPQ

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also lol there's a tweet first reveal of the new Batwoman played by a black gal and absolutely-not-racist whities are mad

what happened to black lady james bond

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
when are we getting black gal iron man in the mcu

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what happened to black lady james bond

👏more👏women👏sex-pests👏

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

furiously clicking show less

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

👏more👏bipoc👏women👏sex-pests👏

this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

furiously clicking show less

the plot would be annihilated, smoka, if leto ii (a character who does not appear in the film) has to say "my grandmother's plans" instead of "my grandfather's plans"

everyone knows women can't have plans for things