Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The ship was a retcon, yeah. It was supposed to be flown by someone else in the original concept. He had a patreon image with a woman with an afro in a futuristic spacesuit coming out of the ship, very clearly inspired by No Man's Sky. But clearly he changed his mind early on, so the anachronistic spaceship became some kind of undefined ink spell gone wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Was it Trixie Slaughteraxe?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I couldn't even tell if you for sure she was black, you know Mookie's track record with character's skin colors being undiscernible until he decides to do color.

That said, her face structure (the nose in particular) looks very similar to Corpsemommy, and Corpsemommy's dreadlocks look like they COULD be afro-textured hair, so maybe that character concept morphed into Corpsemommy? Hard to say for sure.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 26, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don't think we can draw any conclusions from the weird ink-locks because it's very transparently just Mookie discovering he can do kinda-anime-hair with his new brush set that looks more like classical painted hair, and feeling super clever for doing it.

That it happens to look more like dreadlocks is just an accident of Mookie being unable to read his own art, the same way his 'sexy ghost' drawings look super weird and disorienting because he's excited about the brush effects he's using to make them look spectral.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

FlocksOfMice posted:

A year into any story that updates this frequently you should at least have an idea what kind of themes the story wants to explore. You should have at least an idea of the stakes. Of the main character's MOTIVATION. We're over a year into this and he's still just jerking himself off. It's absolutely incredible.

Mookie, please, actually tell a story.

I’d argue that the actual protagonist is Ink Witch, so far.

The real issue has been the assload of filler between episodes where she tries to escape to some magical realm while her powers are malfunctioning and she’s pursued by witch cops.

Snout’s role in the story is to have her actions slowwwwly explained to him over the course of a week, while he struggles to stay focussed.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

Was it Trixie Slaughteraxe?

God I miss Thorsby. The cast of Trixie Slaughteraxe are so competent in a way that feels earned while still being flawed, human characters, even with the stilted dialogue, and the writing is so logical that just thinking about TSFP gives me whiplash after thinking about Dominic Deegan’s vague muddy garbage style of writing. And I vastly prefer Thorsby’s frantic, colorful cartoon art style where every important detail is rendered exactly where it’s supposed to be. You’re never confused by the flow of action and nothing is ever pulled out of nowhere. I could go on about the painstakingly thought out worldbuilding and evolutionary biology compared to DD’s Great Value fantasy or how the height of Mookie’s humor (puns and alliteration) are blown out of the water by Thorsby’s intricate farce segments.

If you haven’t read Thorsby, please read Thorsby. Hitmen for Destiny is a masterpiece, Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is a close second, and Accidental Space Spy and Transdimensional Brain Chip are fun sci fi diversions.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I still need to read HFD. I finished Trixie Slaughteraxe and got a bit of ways into accidental space spy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's absolutely possible to make alliteration kinda funny if you have enough of it in one sentence, but that's too much effort for Mookie, just have the cat say pairs of words that start with the same letter. Bravo. Well done.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Roleplaying Larry posted:

God I miss Thorsby. The cast of Trixie Slaughteraxe are so competent in a way that feels earned while still being flawed, human characters, even with the stilted dialogue, and the writing is so logical that just thinking about TSFP gives me whiplash after thinking about Dominic Deegan’s vague muddy garbage style of writing. And I vastly prefer Thorsby’s frantic, colorful cartoon art style where every important detail is rendered exactly where it’s supposed to be. You’re never confused by the flow of action and nothing is ever pulled out of nowhere. I could go on about the painstakingly thought out worldbuilding and evolutionary biology compared to DD’s Great Value fantasy or how the height of Mookie’s humor (puns and alliteration) are blown out of the water by Thorsby’s intricate farce segments.

If you haven’t read Thorsby, please read Thorsby. Hitmen for Destiny is a masterpiece, Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is a close second, and Accidental Space Spy and Transdimensional Brain Chip are fun sci fi diversions.

Thorsby is a really good writer. Even if his talent with the visual arts is limited, I am never confused as to what is going on in a panel. I can tell on a literal level what is happening, even if the characters in a scene are ms paint turnarounds. It sounds like a low bar, but in a scene like the assault on the insane asylum, it's really quite impressive.

Like most Norwegians, his English is really good. Much like the crude art, I found myself warming pretty soon to the Vulcan-like dialogue. "Just because it makes sense does not mean it is true" and "Good. Continue to feel bad." are lines I don't think would have the same affect if they were expressed more colloquially.

I took a break after reading all his others from Hitmen for Destiny. I'll definitely get to it one of these days. Accidental Space Spy was really interesting, and so was Transdimensional Brain Chip. So far, Trixie is my favorite too.

Please do go on about it. It'll certainly help pass the time until the next update where Snout scribbles in his journal about being forcibly cuddled by futacorpse.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Chapter 14 the Battle for Barthis Part 1 [Part 3]

Donovan manages to plan a benefit concert in the space what appears to be an evening. Honestly this is me being nitpicky, but it's just hilarious that this character is able to plan out a perfect event in the space of like a night. What was your problem, Fyre festival people?

Also, love to parade my friends from indigenous cultures as a sideshow attraction. They appreciate it too, I'm sure.

Also, I think Archangelo is a good time to bring up the Semashi, because he is darker skinned in the art as well, when he is seen in colour. I've been thinking about this since bumper was in the strip and it was pointed out that the Semashi really aren't black Americans. They are, roughly speaking, a sort of swarthy Iberian/Mediterranean pastiche in culture, though they are presented as politically unstable and prone to war and revolution later on. I think it's interesting to consider what Mookie has done with the different races in his story. Of the species that will be introduced in the world trip arc, only four really matter: the Semashi, the Spellwolves, The Orcs, and the Mongrelfolk. all the other races are sort of one-off jokes that won't come up again. The mongrelfolk are because Mookie always thought that they were fun, though the one example we see of them, Bort, talks in signs and spells things in a "I can haz cheezburgerz" lolcat way. Awful. The other three though are basically Mookie's way of inserting otherized humans into his story. The Semashi are essentially every urban minority stereotype: they are musically inclined,they are an exotic culture which is presented as more sexual than Callan, they're from a politically unstable country, and they are find themselves discriminate against and acting as a social underclass within Callanian society. Strictly speaking they are not black Americans, but really racialized people in general in the US, but standing in for black Americans in how they are discriminated against whenever Mookie needs to inject horrible drama into his stories. The orcs are the other othorized group, representing the foreign racialized other. They are obviously Native Americans in aesthetic, but in a more generalized sense they are every people that Americans conceives of as premodern and therefore as backwards. As befits mid-2000's liberalism, Mookie focuses on their inherent nobility and their connection with nature, while portraying them as brutal and bound by irrational and horrific traditions. And that's in there right from the start. And the spellwolves are Eastern Europeans and represent all the weird varieties of white people that Mookie doesn't quite get. presenting whiteness as the default, or coding fantasy civilizations with the trappings of real world cultures is not unique to Mookie but it is worth mentioning as a general critique that there was no reason for Callan to be a white people nation only, especially given how loose his world definition is already.

Also Arcangelo Scarlatti is most Italian name ever and is a little over the top.

This would be sweet if it was with better characters. As it is it's just crappy foreshadowing that Dominic will have "important" dreams.

And here they are:

Don't know what pose Mookie is trying to give Archangelo here, but all I can see is his enormous crotch bulge

The names are what matter here, the dead boobs are just a courtesy for the audience (Mookie)

If that's Luna, she should end it for wearing that dress. Seriously though, that body is hilarious. It looks like a prop from a bad haunted house.

This ring is important.... but not really. You'll see

Here's an interesting twist. We know that Mookie was a metalhead by this point, so this is a deviation from Dominic being his author insert. It's a dumb trope that of course Dominic liked classical music (this is apparently music jars have stayed the same in this world).isn't it interesting that Mookie would separate Dominic from himself in that way, though I guess it's because Greg can represent Mookie's musical interests.

Here's where we get to the good stuff. Unbidden, Dominic has another vision. It turns out that maybe Serk.... is more complex than we though?

For Mookie, though, this is actually an extra reason to hate Serk. We'll see why it matters though. Luckily for Dominic, the plot is in fact conveniently heading towards him at this very moment

Dominic uses magic crystal ball to look up all of Serk's dirty dealings. If it was that simple, you would think that people like Serk would find a way to protect themselves. As others have said, the existence of seers does not seem to ever be taken into account when any of these villains are doing their dastardly deeds, despite the fact that seers or known quantity in this world. Dominic does as random people to do stuff for him and of course they will too.

I love how effortlessly Dominic is able to just bring all the donors together without even getting up. He can just astral project everywhere and everyone comes to him. Reading these archives all at once, everything feels rushed. I don't think DD would have amassed the audience it did if it wasn't for the inherent slow pacing of a daily updated web comic, so you're only getting a snippet of the story every day and it feels like time is passing in world as well.

And of course, he gets the stripper too. It wouldn't be a Deegan story if it didn't have some judgemental angle on sex come up every 20 strips or so. Of course she's strung-out and depressed about her life.

Miranda once again displays her flagrant corruption by having her students help with her son's projects, giving them inflated grades for doing so. She also uses her position of power in the town she is gentrifying to carpet bomb the populace with propaganda.

Wasn't joking about the propaganda. That wonderfully designed poster apparently contains paragraphs of text explaining the plot that everyone. I like how there are metal heads in world with literal demons, as if that might not take the shine off of it a bit. Difficult to see how those dues would be counterculture in a society that used devil wizards as part of its genocide campaigns

I don't hate the idea of a capsule-corp style house, but this is always a because Mookie realized that it wouldn't make sense for Serk to have a mansion close to Barthis. Arc Angelo is again one of the good bad guys and you can tell because he is not willing to commit murder.

this is an absurd last-minute contrivance, but it's worth thinking about what this actually means. Scarlatti purposely crippled people in a way that cannot be healed with the leading technology of the setting, I guess as a way of taking out his competition? It's actually really funked up a thing to do but they're just gonna gloss over it. One wonders why he was allowed to do this, and isn't in prison somewhere.This is the problem with introducing something like white magic in your setting, where no injury is ever permanent unless it has to be for the sake of the plot.

Filler with the infamous ladyfriend

I think they're fair jokes given your reputation, Szark.

Here comes guys you were all waiting for this.

I'll admit I was sort of zipping through the strips to get to this point. Once again Dominic it is having a look at an intimate moment of Luna's past, this time the act itself. And here's where Mookie inserts a ham-fisted condom analogy into his story, to demonstrate just how much of a Chad Serk really is. In this case apparently protection spells "take too long", which is an even dumber reason to not use protection than any real world ones. This is literally proto-incel logic, the nice guy complained that he would always respect women's bodies and would always wear protection unlike those awful jocks who want to bareback. I can't believe that a man in his 20s wrote this.

Of course, Dominic's perfect waifu who couldn't actually have gone through with it, because that would've soiled her. The commentary by Dominic in this strip is especially creepy. He is literally spying on Luna's first sexual experience and getting report. I know it's being framed in a way that he is being synthetic Luna, but honestly Dominic doesn't get to have an emotional response to this. It's not his loving story. I think this more than anything is illustrative of the problem with Mookie's female characters. There is no part of their story or history that isn't filtered through the lens of a male character. Even this and obviously formative and important event in Luna's life, really only exists for Dominic to feel good about it. It is the male gaze turned up to an absurd degree.

Wall condoms. I guess it makes a force field around the dick or something. Again here Dominic turns Luna's trauma into a reason for him to be angry. Also love the framing of Serk. Just the idea of having this playboy-ish character literally decide to murder a woman for not having unprotected sex. It speaks to the way Mookie understand sexual politics, and his deep nerdy insecurity about sex and the cool guys who have it.

Miranda and Luna waled in out of nowhere. I don't need lots of travel time, but it's funny how jarring some of these character entrances are.

once again Dominic is absolved of having spied because he just couldn't help himself. Like the ink witch, Mookie believes/uses intent as a shield. As long as you can contrive a way his character didn't intend to do something terrible, it's fine if they did.

It's actually confusing to me how this ring got into Barthis. Luna is not from Barthis, she was from Lynn's Brook. This is the start of the gradual merging of all the cities and towns in Callan into one omnitown, with no travel time or differentiation between them.

I don't understand how the tables got turned on Serk. If they could always accept the dual but with raised stage, should he have known about this and thought about taking precautions? Again, cirque is countered by incredibly obvious ploy because Mookie is nephew smart enough to come up with a legal thriller plot, which is what Serk's role in all this is.

Kudos to Szark for owning it. Though again given Mookie's own tastes I find Szark a suspect character. A death fetish is a very specific thing to include in your comics, and Mookie chooses to keep bringing it up. And makes a character who has it ultimately a good guy and best friends with the hero.

This strip is entirely filler and pointless. It has a beat of something that you would see in an anime or something, but it really doesn't work in a written medium and the switching every two panels is jarring. I'm just concluding it both to comment on the story structure but also to display the absolutely awful colour schemes. While the purples and greens Mookie?

Next time we finally get to the duel and you get to see how poorly Mookie draws sword fighting action in a comic

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 27, 2020

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yep, that's what I was talking about earlier. It's not enough for Dominic to get permission (after the fact) to look into Luna's private life, it has to be completely accidental through no fault on his side. Bonus points for being really creepy about it to Luna. A normal person would have answered her question with "I didn't see the whole thing, the vision cut away for a bit." to calm her down. Dominic mentions intimate details.

Not to mention that Dominic can usually control his visions to a certain degree, except for when the plot demands that he can't. It would make a lot of sense if he had subconsciously wanted to find out more about Luna's past with Brakkis, but didn't look into it because that would be wrong. But that would require him to have made a mistake, and we can't have that.

The actual "Battle for Barthis" has managed to become a tertiary subplot in the story about Dominic totally destroying that jock jerk for sleeping with his girlfriend that one time by this point. Donovan organized the benefit concert in one night, told everybody what was supposed to happen and it happened. The fliers have been printed and filled with a summary of the entire plot, the authorities have approved and presumably the band is going to start practising at some point off-screen, because surely you can't put four random musicians on stage and have them play something without any kind of practice, right? (I actually don't remember if this is ever mentioned, if it could theoretically happen off-screen or if the band members just arrive before the concert and immediately start playing Crash My Couchfort.) The duel is obviously the secondary plot and the Battle for Barthis has been pretty much reduced to being background scenery.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yep, that's what I was talking about earlier. It's not enough for Dominic to get permission (after the fact) to look into Luna's private life, it has to be completely accidental through no fault on his side. Bonus points for being really creepy about it to Luna. A normal person would have answered her question with "I didn't see the whole thing, the vision cut away for a bit." to calm her down. Dominic mentions intimate details.

Not to mention that Dominic can usually control his visions to a certain degree, except for when the plot demands that he can't. It would make a lot of sense if he had subconsciously wanted to find out more about Luna's past with Brakkis, but didn't look into it because that would be wrong. But that would require him to have made a mistake, and we can't have that.

The actual "Battle for Barthis" has managed to become a tertiary subplot in the story about Dominic totally destroying that jock jerk for sleeping with his girlfriend that one time by this point. Donovan organized the benefit concert in one night, told everybody what was supposed to happen and it happened. The fliers have been printed and filled with a summary of the entire plot, the authorities have approved and presumably the band is going to start practising at some point off-screen, because surely you can't put four random musicians on stage and have them play something without any kind of practice, right? (I actually don't remember if this is ever mentioned, if it could theoretically happen off-screen or if the band members just arrive before the concert and immediately start playing Crash My Couchfort.) The duel is obviously the secondary plot and the Battle for Barthis has been pretty much reduced to being background scenery.

They read magic sheet music that instantly teaches them the songs.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh. Of course. Wouldn't want them to put any effort into this.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i've said it before and i'll say it again, thank you the little death for the long effortposts of old deegan, they are the best part of this thread and i look forward to them

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Actually another comment I just thought of is that by using the Semashi the way he does, Mookie actually erases all non-white people from his setting. Which, I mean, Tolkien did that, but at least there he wasn't presenting a whole world. On Callanworld, there are green tusk people and blue fish people, but no one darker than a Spaniard.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I love this society that has very strict laws but also just allows the challengee to make demands in duels?
"You challenged my client to a duel, I'm his proxy."
"Did I? Oh yeah I guess I did, whoops."
"Okay the stakes are if I win you have to stop your concert."
"gently caress off."

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

GrossMurpel posted:

I love this society that has very strict laws but also just allows the challengee to make demands in duels?
"gently caress off."
"Well the stakes are if I win you have to publicly admit to a crime!"
"Okay, then if I win, you have to stop your concert and you have to say that you eat boogers!"
"Then if I win you have to publibly admit to a crime and be my slave for a day!"

It's kindergarten-level playfighting.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GrossMurpel posted:

"gently caress off."

Yeah, you’d think if they have strict dueling laws, they’d need some negotiation and lawyering to set stakes everyone agrees to.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think my main problem is that it's simply completely and utterly pointless for Dadgan to agree to any of those stipulations.
When the big obstacle can be overcome by simply saying "ok let's do the duel after the concert", I just wanna tear my hair out.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Maybe I missed something but...there was no actual crime committed in the Travoria Suicide plot? Like yeah what they did to her was cartoonishly terrible and they were planning to take advantage of a convoluted legal loophole, but what is the crime Dominic wants him to admit to? Being mean? Only three people in the world were even there to know about it (I guess five now), so bringing it up in public would at best get a lotta confused "huhs?" from the audience.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

finally all caught up and i just have to say the way Mookie is drawing those satyr's hooves is INFURIATING. it looks like someone wearing animal-feet slippers.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Everyday Goast posted:

finally all caught up and i just have to say the way Mookie is drawing those satyr's hooves is INFURIATING. it looks like someone wearing animal-feet slippers.

Also the back of the stayrs' legs and butts are hairless, so it looks like guys cosplaying as satyrs with hairy chaps.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Wow, "Hitmen for Destiny" was a blast.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
One thing I noticed about the old strips is how none of the panels are drawn with straight lines. Fucker's so lazy he couldn't grab a ruler or something.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

rudecyrus posted:

One thing I noticed about the old strips is how none of the panels are drawn with straight lines. Fucker's so lazy he couldn't grab a ruler or something.

If I'm remembering correctly, he actually got called out about it a few times and was like, 'That's just part of the style/charm!'

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

You are in fact remembering correctly. Despite rigidly adhering to two rows of 4 columns with identically sized cells for 99% of comics, he insisted on freehanding them, because he is an idiot. This also means that there was never an actual need for him to fill every panel with 90% text and smush the art onto the lowest layer like a fruit on the bottom yogurt.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Wednesday bridge page:

So slow and lazy.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I wonder if he realizes that needing to constantly apologize for doing bad things is not a sign of a good relationship.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Look at Snout 3.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"I can help you with your search for Dominic's legacy."

Why?

Seriously, why? Why is Snout important? I GUESS he's supposed to be some kind of seer, seeing as him and the ink witch are dream-linked, but if so that's been communicated terribly. And even then, again, why would that matter? Is he some kind of key to finding the legacy? We're given no indication either of his "friends" think that if so.

We don't even know what the "legacy" is supposed to be - a book? A power? A place? A concept?

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 27, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's his leg.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Snout will do that stupid Looney Tunes look into the camera, Mookie will tweet "Tee-hee!" despite being in his 40's, and everyone in this thread will die.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

We don't even know what the "legacy" is supposed to be - a book? A power? A place? A concept?

It's the plot.

Snout is looking for the plot because he knows he's a protagonist so he needs a plot. But the plot has been hidden somewhere. How to find it? Finding something would be an event, and is therefore impossible while the plot is missing. So he can't find the plot until he finds the plot, because the plot has to be restored first for the act of finding something to be possible!

This situation is quite a conundrum. So the best way to win is not to play, and just gently caress off in some random direction until whichever entity (read: Mookie) hid the plot gets tired of losing readers and lets the plot drop in Snout's lap with no explanation.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dabir posted:

It's absolutely possible to make alliteration kinda funny if you have enough of it in one sentence, but that's too much effort for Mookie, just have the cat say pairs of words that start with the same letter. Bravo. Well done.

This honestly pisses me off more than anything in DD. It's so loving lazy but he thinks he's clever or it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Rock on.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Mors Rattus posted:

I wonder if he realizes that needing to constantly apologize for doing bad things is not a sign of a good relationship.

100% thinks the opposite

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Cat Mattress posted:

It's the plot.

Snout is looking for the plot because he knows he's a protagonist so he needs a plot. But the plot has been hidden somewhere. How to find it? Finding something would be an event, and is therefore impossible while the plot is missing. So he can't find the plot until he finds the plot, because the plot has to be restored first for the act of finding something to be possible!

This situation is quite a conundrum. So the best way to win is not to play, and just gently caress off in some random direction until whichever entity (read: Mookie) hid the plot gets tired of losing readers and lets the plot drop in Snout's lap with no explanation.

I've started to wonder just how many years he plans to drag this out. I feel like once he realizes it doesn't bring in any money the Legacy will come to a spontaneous and unsatisfying end, but how many years will it take?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

TheHan posted:

I've started to wonder just how many years he plans to drag this out. I feel like once he realizes it doesn't bring in any money the Legacy will come to a spontaneous and unsatisfying end, but how many years will it take?

If he ever gets another gig like Starpower it's going on hiatus harder than HunterXHunter.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

It's the plot.

holy poo poo this would track with my theory that the deegans are an invasive narrative parasite system and with their passing the world is DEPRIVE OF PURPOSE because it has been violated and twisted to revolve entirely around their presence and now with the deegans gone the world is sputtering without purpose and so snout has been chosen to find a plot in this post-meaning world where the main characters are long gone and there's no point for this world to exist anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Calling it now: the Legacy is unironically “the friends you made along the way”.

Or Snout is the Legacy, either as a direct descendant of Luna, or as Dominic’s reincarnation.