Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Mirificus posted:

well... I'm almost more interested in the stuff not done.
surprise surprise

and it won't be done. ever.

https://i.imgur.com/4qTnMup.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Hey, why does a closed door have a button that says "CLOSE" on it, anyway? Can you double-close it? Or did they mean it to say "CLOSED," so even commandos would know not to try walking through it?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There should be an "R" on the end. Even doors get lonely and want someone to hug them.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Trilobite posted:

Hey, why does a closed door have a button that says "CLOSE" on it, anyway? Can you double-close it? Or did they mean it to say "CLOSED," so even commandos would know not to try walking through it?

Don't worry this will be fixed in Closed 2.0

You just don't understand game development, hater.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I think you'll find good sir, that's working as intended and part of the Ghostly Ship Apparitions Halloween Pack ($460)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

I am genuinely curious if they actually make any money this year, or if the whales manage to exercise some loving self restraint after a year with almost nothing delivered and nothing on the horizon.

Have we learned nothing? All the whale ships will be sold in seconds.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Titanic posted:

That was me at least a few times. :)

Based on the quality of the animations and the number of years that have gone by and the number of skeleton changes we have heard rumors about, my theory is probably most of the major motion capture is completely useless as far as getting the data directly from the actor into the system.

What they are most likely using it for at this point is some kind of reference point, by having the animation playing as a movie in their modeling program while people are hand-key framing animation over it. Sort of like 3D rotoscoping or animation retopology.

There's really nothing wrong with that technique and in a lot of cases it can be faster than trying to actually use motion capture data, especially since you still need to hand animate a considerable amounts on top of fixing any errors that may have slipped in during an import.

That's fair. But space captain Davos Seaworth still looks pretty dead-eyed for awhile there.

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

Star Citizen has the most game development ever!

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
CP2077 delayed again for a few weeks while they work on day 0 patches for simultaneous release on 4 consoles, stadia, and a broad range of PC specs. Prepare for victory laps from the citizenry.

IAbsolveMyself fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 27, 2020

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sunswipe posted:

There should be an "R" on the end. Even doors get lonely and want someone to hug them.

It should end in ure because it's the only sense of completion they're going to get

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
there are apparently people who actually want that gigantic stupid tank in their spaceship game

quote:

THE NOVA TANK

Today at 8:47 am

asking the deves = can we posably get the nova tank ASAP me and the friends would like to see this out just to spawn it on 141 and do our thing with in our organizations i see good game play possibilaty specialy ground game play ald lots of carnage we want to go FURY on each other

we want to go FURY on each other ;)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

More like furry.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
i want to gently caress my organization

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

peter gabriel posted:

Living in tier 3 here, full lockdown pretty much...
Father in law and mother in law have covid.
Nephew and his Mum have it too, we've just been phoned by the NHS track and trace to let us know we have all been exposed.
Wife working from home in isolation, son off school in isolation, his year have all been sent home as some kids have covid.
To say the walls are closing in is an understatement.
Buy a fuckin Idris

burma shave

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

G0RF posted:

I’m actually pretty surprised CIG hasn’t leaned more heavily on Covid as an explanation for all their recent problems.

Covid doesn't affect wealthy people like Chris Roberts, locked away in his gated Palisades, or floating around the Med on his charter yacht. It's no surprise it's a blind spot to him, it impinges on his life in absolutely no way at all, unless perhaps Bonita doesn't turn up to clean the bogs because she's gone down with it, or the pool's a bit leafier than usual because Raul's dad passed away of it last week.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

IAbsolveMyself posted:

CP2077 delayed again for a few weeks while they work on day 0 patches for simultaneous release on 4 consoles, stadia, and a broad range of PC specs. Prepare for victory laps from the citizenry.

I’m fully expecting CP2077 to be a technical mess at launch and require months of patches to fix performance issues and bugs. This will of course be followed by walls of text by Citizen-CTOs about how this means Star Citizen is good.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

HexiDave posted:

amazing

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dude deserves it for running and then jumping through the window in an unimmersive manner. :colbert:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Nephew and his Mum have it too, we've just been phoned by the NHS track and trace to let us know we have all been exposed.
Wife working from home in isolation, son off school in isolation, his year have all been sent home as some kids have covid.
Buy a fuckin Idris

Good luck friend. :ohdear:

Stay healthy

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

IAbsolveMyself posted:

they should have just scrapped the last gen ports and stuck with the new gen only. Guess it was something like 8m projected units lost if they did that though, but it's still going to be a complete loving mess on ps4/xone systems

honestly when they first delayed to November I thought they would just go full bore next gen, guess not

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

HexiDave posted:

You were the closen one!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

A nice rear end

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Just mooching through the SC Kickstarter :

It's not going to be available on the WiiU? :negative:

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 27, 2020

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

reverend crabhands posted:

Just mooching through the SC Kickstarter :

It's not going to be available on the WiiU? :negative:

Counterpoint:

quote:

Attention Citizens,

Breaking news! You heard earlier today that Richard Garriott’s Shroud of the Avatar will feature an item designed by Chris Roberts useable in-game… and we’ve decided to return the favor! If you back both Star Citizen and Shroud of the Avatar at the $40 Adventurer level or higher, we’ll give your pilot in Star Citizen a powerful crossbow straight out of Richard’s new world… perfect for providing an extra-lethal punch during boarding actions. The Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter campaign ends in just twelve hours, so make your pledge NOW!

If you would like to pledge via Paypal you can do so here.

Weapon Description: Iolo Industries Armor-Piercing Crossbow

Some things never go out of style, and the Iolo Crossbow is proof: an elegant weapon that has proved itself capable of repelling boarders effectively time and again over the centuries. It stands well above laser sidearms in terms of armor penetration, the ideal weapon for anyone needing to blast through two inches of plasteel space armor. Designed and hanf-crafted by David Watson, these rare crossbows are prized by pilots for their reliability and their low level of required maintenance. This weapon is an exact replica of the one created for Richard “Lord British” Garriott’s Shroud of the Avatar so you can arm your character with it in both universes!

Damage: 2 cm / bolt (+3 against armor)
Reload: .5 seconds
Effective Range: 500 meters
UEE Restriction: RED

:iia:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

IAbsolveMyself posted:

:negative:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

can i ask one of my more learned forum freinds here to explain the low tax thing.

He ran the site, then he sold the site. When i read the sticky at the top of the forums it sounds like getting rid of him was akin to overthrowing an evil dictator, is this just humor ?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

DigitalPenny posted:

can i ask one of my more learned forum freinds here to explain the low tax thing.

He ran the site, then he sold the site. When i read the sticky at the top of the forums it sounds like getting rid of him was akin to overthrowing an evil dictator, is this just humor ?

Lowtax over the past decade or so has hardly been apart of the forums or really done much with the website at all besides very minimal maintenance.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Lowtax did make this which was very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

i love how another game annoces a delay of a few weeks, a month ahead of time. And the citizens are doing victory laps like its going out of style.

The two are not compareable.

The task of realeasing on all platforms, in a dozen diffrent languages all across the world at the same time is a daunting task.

CIG havent been able to fart out a half working anything on any platforms with tripple the resources.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Popete posted:

Lowtax over the past decade or so has hardly been apart of the forums or really done much with the website at all besides very minimal maintenance.

so all that stuff about not talking about him, and undoing all his recent bans and giving him a perma ban are all in good fun and It's just time for some more energetic ownership?

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

DigitalPenny posted:

so all that stuff about not talking about him, and undoing all his recent bans and giving him a perma ban are all in good fun and It's just time for some more energetic ownership?

Oh my no

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

he's always been terrible, but having him was a price of keeping the forums. then one day his terribleness got bad enough that everyone decided that price was too high. luckily jeffrey of yospos is a bitcoin millionaire and made lowtax an offer he couldn't refuse, the end

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who is Jeffrey anyway? How does he hold so much sway?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Who is Jeffrey anyway? How does he hold so much sway?

You're asking questions that might lead you to delve into parts of this forum that are best left unseen.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Unless you're feeling nostalgic for Goatsee

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

We should launch a Kickstarter for Derek to buy SA, then there would be no more ambiguity.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 28, 2020

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

colonelwest posted:

We should launch a Kickstarter for Derek to buy SA.

But what if... Derek *is* Jeffery? Has anyone ever seen them in a room together? makes u think :thunk:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Quavers posted:

Lowtax did make this which was very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc

He used to message me, he actually got me to use google hangouts for the first time so he could.
He used to ask about my videos etc and just chat, he always seemed cool, after reading a QCS thread I realised he talked to me way more then he did any mods :psyduck:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Christ, more "success by association" drivel.

"Oh, YOUR game is delayed? Ours too, ours too..."

No, motherfucker. Our game is delayed. Your two-bit scam run by a career fraud is moving along exactly as it always has, and always will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin

peter gabriel posted:

Buy a fuckin Idris

:ohdear:

Take care dancey cat