Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Akuma posted:

Btw if you have an Xbox but not a PS4 and Switch but have nostalgia for Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, it's out today on Xbox One.

My team worked very hard on it! I did gently caress all, but they worked hard.

Is there going to be a Series X enhancement version with 16k240?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

He’s got white gloves on to touch a thousand dollars worth of lovely electronics?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I mostly play Playstation but kind of want an Xbox S to keep up with my childhood friends who all have Xbones. Any idea when the Xbox S review embargos will lift?

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

I really want to believe he is under 4 foot tall, but my heart is telling me that Sony has somehow managed to steal "xbox hueg" right out from under MS' noses :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its about as big as a mans torso. That second shot makes it look a wider than it is tho with the foregrounding and askew angle. Head on it is like half as wide as series x, a few inches deeper, and a whopping big boi 1/3rd taller

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

NumptyScrub posted:

I really want to believe he is under 4 foot tall, but my heart is telling me that Sony has somehow managed to steal "xbox hueg" right out from under MS' noses :v:

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

lol I thought so

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Was wondering when someone would rent the necessary heavy loading equipment to put an Xbox on its side to compare

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Oh for gently caress’s sake. This poo poo makes me glad I went with a Series S.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh speaking of the Series S

https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/27/pubg-ps5-xbox-series-x-s-upgrade/?fbclid=IwAR2_DeiWMWBYJxPfrLzgfBwxRB4n_NR6EY_YPe89NXs6CTqf5r24EgMu3b4

quote:

the Xbox Series X build will be the one currently available on Xbox One X. Xbox Series S, on the other hand, will only get access to the inferior Xbox One S version.

Next gen.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Not to be a console warrior but god drat is the PS5 ugly as hell.

At least with the Series X I get a large yet discrete black box. PS5 has some weird rear end wings to it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I get to throw so many family picture frames in a drawer to make room for it on my shelf

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't know if I'd call the PS5 ugly per se, but it's a design that just isn't going to look good in the majority of rooms it will live in.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Well it says in the article it's just backwards compatibility. This isn't a new PUBG release and this takes the minimal amount of effort on their part.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

How is the One X version of the Division 2? I play a lot of that dumb game on PC and would probably enjoy it on my couch too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

How is the One X version of the Division 2? I play a lot of that dumb game on PC and would probably enjoy it on my couch too.

Fine but I think it's 30fps.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

univbee posted:

Fine but I think it's 30fps.

Yuck.

Does anyone know if there is an Ubisoft+ or whatever for consoles? Their webpage specifies PC, so I'm assuming there isn't?

Also, lol.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

Does anyone know if there is an Ubisoft+ or whatever for consoles? Their webpage specifies PC, so I'm assuming there isn't?

It's PC only right now. You can technically use it paired with Geforce Now, though, and it's planned for Amazon's Luna but I don't know the status of that right now.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1321128432370176002?s=21

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My reaction (volume warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Qop_64qqk&t=5152s

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I thought this was the case with basically all Xbone back compat on X/S

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lmao the disc bump is so loving ghetto, like they completely forgot about it until the last day before mfg’ing began. Also hueg

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 27, 2020

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't know if I'd call the PS5 ugly per se, but it's a design that just isn't going to look good in the majority of rooms it will live in.

Agreed. I’d expect it to be refreshed sooner rather than later.

whatup fellow podcast fan

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 27, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TheScott2K posted:

I thought this was the case with basically all Xbone back compat on X/S
Yeah that's been known for like 2 months.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Replacing the sides with black ones will help blend it into most tv stands more.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
gently caress it, pre-ordered AC Valhalla. I want at least one next-gen-ish title at launch, it's $50, I liked Origins + Odyssey, and I love the setting. Which means it will probably be the modern AC3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never seen something on Twitter age so badly so quickly. This is a record.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

https://twitter.com/PoshPenguino/status/1321134776863068162

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

univbee posted:

It's PC only right now. You can technically use it paired with Geforce Now, though, and it's planned for Amazon's Luna but I don't know the status of that right now.

Also stadia, which is what I'll be trying it on first.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

gently caress it, pre-ordered AC Valhalla. I want at least one next-gen-ish title at launch, it's $50, I liked Origins + Odyssey, and I love the setting. Which means it will probably be the modern AC3.

Valhalla looks really fun, I've also pre-ordered it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It is very funny that the game isn’t coming out until after its custom edition console is officially obsoleted by the replacement instead of happening almost simultaneously, which was just pretty funny instead of very.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

I didn't think it was active yet, but it seems it's starting on November 10th.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

bushisms.txt posted:

First time this sentence has been typed.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Ok Comboomer posted:

whatup fellow podcast fan

Excuse me, it’s a podcast - with pictures

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lammasu posted:

First time this sentence has been typed.

Haven't tried amazon's solution, but beta tested most of assassin's creed odyssey on stadia, which ran better than locally on my laptop. I say first because if it's crappy, I'll move on, which make cross progression doubly nice. Geforce now was meh in my experience comparatively.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

This is good advice. Its easy to hear about a new a/v feature and get fomo without thinkin it through.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/jj9yfk/solid_cheap_tv_to_take_advantage_of_series_x/

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

Well it says in the article it's just backwards compatibility. This isn't a new PUBG release and this takes the minimal amount of effort on their part.

Who the gently caress is still playing pubg

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Laserface posted:

Who the gently caress is still playing pubg

Will Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Laserface posted: