Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

There's no "lesson" against preordering here. It's a weirdo freak occurrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am impressed that NISA somehow managed to introduce a bug in downloading a game.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

got my limited edition in the mail a day early and i'm partway through act i

that prologue owned, so happy to be back in zemuria :buddy:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ImpAtom posted:

I am impressed that NISA somehow managed to introduce a bug in downloading a game.

Based on the information I've seen floating around, it sounds like this is all Sony, and almost certainly related to the discount that got misapplied.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Physical is king

All hail the disc

Yeah, walked in and picked up a copy today and it's currently installing. With that said, it was also apparently the only free copy they had - I didn't ask if there were any copies reserved for preorders. I'm in a fairly populous area too, so if that store only got 1 copy, it might actually be fairly hard to get a physical version of.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

Yeah, walked in and picked up a copy today and it's currently installing. With that said, it was also apparently the only free copy they had - I didn't ask if there were any copies reserved for preorders. I'm in a fairly populous area too, so if that store only got 1 copy, it might actually be fairly hard to get a physical version of.

Yeah pretty much this. My brother is smart and ordered a physical copy, which he got this morning. The cashier at the store told him his was the only copy, and the only pre-order they got. No other store in my area bothered with such a niche game.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Trails games aren’t super popular but the fanbase that it does have are very loyal and cult like. I wonder how many copies of CSIII sold? I dont imagine anyone jumping into IV as their first trails game.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
grain of salt and all, but:
https://twitter.com/FeloHfp/status/1321125011315458050

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The curse strikes again, gee golly

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat they're going to release Trails in the Sky 4 in another 3 hours?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Looks like there's over $30 of DLC that doesn't come with the DDE

I wish we'd go back to the days of one purchase nets you everything until they come out with an expansion a year or two later and you buy that

It's the exact same costume guff that every CS game has had, this isn't a new practice

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I have my physical copy but I'm still only in chapter 4 of cold steel 3. I wasn't gonna get around to 4 until after cyberpunk probably but whoops

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's the exact same costume guff that every CS game has had, this isn't a new practice

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Since I couldn't help it, I checked out a video of the ending and credits and transcribed the English voice cast. Spoilers for character appearances, obviously.

Rean Schwarzer - Sean Chiplock
Juna Crawford - Erika Harlacher
Kurt Vander - Joe Zieja
Altina Orion - Xanthe Huynh
Musse Egret - Alexis Tipton
Ash Carbide - Austin Lee Matthews
Alisa Reinford - Rachel Hirschfeld
Elliot Craig - Lucien Dodge
Laura S. Arseid - Heather Gonzalez
Machias Regnitz - Edward Bosco
Emma Millstein - Rena Strober
Jusis Albarea - Ben Diskin
Fie Claussell - Cassandra Lee Morris
Gaius Worzel - Kaiji Tang
Millium Orion - Michelle Marie
Sara Velestein - Carrie Keranen
Towa Herschel - Megan Harvey
Crow Armbrust - Charger Tomlee
Angelica Rogner - Kimberly Brooks
George Nome - Matt Mercer
Celine - Kira Buckland
Valimar - DC Douglas
Olivert Reise Arnor - Matt Mercer
Alfin Reise Arnor - Cassandra Lee Morris
Elise Schwarzer - Kira Buckland
Sharon Kreuger - Mela Lee
Victor S. Arseid - Taylor Henry
Aurelia Le Guin - Valerie Arem
Professor G. Schmidt - Chris Smith
Toval Randonneur - Ian Sinclair
Mueller Vander - Patrick Seitz
Vita Clotilde - Erica Lindbeck
Crimson Roselia - Amber Lee Connors
Estelle Bright - Stephanie Sheh
Joshua Bright - Johnny Yong Bosch
Renne Bright - Sandy Fox
Tita Russell - Brianna Knickerbocker
Agate Crosner - Ben Pronsky
Scherazard Harvey - Michelle Ruff
Klaudia von Auslese - Cristina Vee
Cassius Bright - Kyle Hebert
Lloyd Bannings - Robbie Daymond
Elie MacDowell - Erica Mendez
Tio Plato - Kayli Mills
Randolph Orlando - Jonah Scott
KeA Bannings - Laura Landon
Supreme Commander Vandyck - Taylor Henry
General Zechs Vander - Zach Aguilar
General Olaf Craig - Ron Allen
Major Michael Irving - Xander Mobus
Lieutenant Colonel Neithardt - Nate Herz
Governor Carl Regnitz - William Salyers
President Samuel Rocksmith - Derek Stephen Prince
Thomas Lysander - Chris Nelson
Patrick Hyarms - Derek Stephen Prince
Fiona Craig - Allegra Clark
Cecile Neues - Cristina Vee
Sully Atraid - Alexis Tipton
Jona Acred - Laura Stahl
Grace Lynn - Marianne Miller
Josette Capua - Julie Ann Taylor
Matthew Crawford - Chris Smith
Vincent Florald - Kyle Hebert
Bridget - Laura Stahl
Count Egret - Ben Diskin
Captain Engels - Bryce Papenbrook
Prince Albert - Gabe Kunda
McBurn - Allen Lee
Campanella - Zach Aguilar
Shirley Orlando - Amber Lee Connors
Mariabell - Dawn M. Bennett
Bleublanc - Ron Allen
Gilbert Stein - Bryce Papenbrook
Arianrhod - Cherami Leigh
Duvalie - Claudia Lenz
Ines - Erin Fitzgerald
Ennea - Erica Lindbeck
Rutger Claussell - David Craig
Xeno - Evan Smith
Leonidas - Gabe Kunda
Black Alberich - Armen Taylor
Rufus Albarea - DC Douglas
Cedric Reise Arnor - Quinton McBeard
Claire Rieveldt - Rachel Kimsey
Lechter Arundel - Philip Reich
Giliath Osborne - Michael Sorich

There's clearly some pseudonyms in here too, so don't take these as gospel directly. But if you want to cross-check these against the CS1/2/3 cast, there you go, might do it later myself...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So I just got home from work and the download still isn't working. Is there any word on this? I can only find people complaining about it right now.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Levantine posted:

So I just got home from work and the download still isn't working. Is there any word on this? I can only find people complaining about it right now.

Nope! The most recent update is basically that they're working on it and don't have a timeline for a fix.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That is a whopper of a cast list. Also wow Derek Stephen Prince is still doing stuff? Huh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unless google is lying to me it is now after 3pm PST and the game still won't download, lol at believing Sony support though

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

Sorry, no. Last word we had is from NISA:

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1321142754408239105

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Welp, I guess I'll wait. I see people have had luck getting refunds but I'll just wait and see for now. I can't imagine this could be that difficult to fix but I have no idea.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Couldnt get a refund cuz I used my physical disc already.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
I just requested a refund from the Playstation live chat bot and they just immediately gave it to me without any fuss. I'll probably just pick up a physical copy instead, what a shame!!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

vandiar posted:

I just requested a refund from the Playstation live chat bot and they just immediately gave it to me without any fuss. I'll probably just pick up a physical copy instead, what a shame!!

Lucky, I've tried going through that bot twice and it just denies me.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
6-7 hours since NISA's last update, I'm guessing it's something fairly complex involving issues with the discounted digital deluxe versions being invalid or something and NISA is trying to fix that and dealing with Sony at the same time, since the full 80$ version is apparently working.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If this is really Sony’s meddling it’s kinda funny that their incompetence has screwed over a niche Japanese publisher twice.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

BrightWing posted:

Lucky, I've tried going through that bot twice and it just denies me.

Have you gotten to the point where it connects you to a person or are you just at the point where you're answering the yes/no questions?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

vandiar posted:

Have you gotten to the point where it connects you to a person or are you just at the point where you're answering the yes/no questions?

I tried it and it denies me after it asks how long ago the purchase was made. I assume because it has been more than 14 days since I paid for it and the policy says you can't do it after 14.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Ethiser posted:

I tried it and it denies me after it asks how long ago the purchase was made. I assume because it has been more than 14 days since I paid for it and the policy says you can't do it after 14.

I'd try entering less than 14 days just so it puts you through to a live person and see if they'll just refund you due to the situation. From what I'm seeing on Reddit they're just giving out refunds now without much hassle and if you re-purchase it the game works fine and downloads. I guess this doesn't help you if you had paid the $60 for the deluxe edition since it's $80 now, but I had purchased the $80 so it didn't really matter for me.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Yeah, I've seen a dozen people get refunds despite more than 2 weeks going by.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I paid $60 for the deluxe edition which is the main reason I'm waiting to see what happens lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I paid $60 for the deluxe edition which is the main reason I'm waiting to see what happens lol

Same, I'm petty and don't want to lose a discount

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
We want our Magical Alisa outfits

Apparently the DLC isnt even working anyways for people that have the game now anyways.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Up until I learned that the included DLC was 25$ I was fine with it, but once I realized I was paying 35$ extra rather than 15$ in addition to these issues, I decided I'd rather get a refund, but that failed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well by the time yall get the game working I'll be just finishing the opening cutscene at the current rate.

Mofos love their dramatic camera swoops in every scene

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Shinjobi posted:

Well by the time yall get the game working I'll be just finishing the opening cutscene at the current rate.

Mofos love their dramatic camera swoops in every scene

Gotta set the scene on this wretched fairy tale!

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Gotta love turbo.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Forget the opening movie, it takes literally hours to get out of the mostly cutscene prologue. So while we'll certainly be ahead, how much we'll actually be playing before the issues get fixed and digital orders gets access is another matter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I took a glance at Estelle's S-Craft, and I fully expect to see her tug on her hair and smooth her skirt for the majority of the game.

Please enjoy my joke.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bwahahahahahahaha

lmfao at Claire self owning with a cell phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Does Renne have a naughty and evil voice like the Japanese VA?