Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Also I love how the premise of this whole Future State premise shows off a multiversal Flash and a paraplegic Flash but then in the actual Flash solicit it's just...hey, it's Barry Allen again. There he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Nicola Scott is doing art for the Nightwing book, so at least he'll have a nice butt.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

BrianWilly posted:

Also I love how the premise of this whole Future State premise shows off a multiversal Flash and a paraplegic Flash but then in the actual Flash solicit it's just...hey, it's Barry Allen again. There he is.

Beating up his surrogate son, protege, and constantly accidentally turning bad hero Wally West

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Nicola Scott is doing art for the Nightwing book, so at least he'll have a nice butt.

Is it still Dick?

Because if not, then having a nice butt should be the power of every Nightwing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Edge & Christian posted:

From the aforementioned hardcover supplement:
That was the pitch, though it was Dan Raspler (not Didio) who nixed it for stated reasons other than "it made DC heroes seem silly". As for the pitch itself:

ah, guess I was misremembering the reason, thanks!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

Is it still Dick?

Because if not, then having a nice butt should be the power of every Nightwing.

I think so? Looks like him, I guess it could be Damian or Tim since isn't Lucias Fox's kid Batman in this or something?
https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/status/1316879756877459457?s=20

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
she really could have worded that tweet better....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You think that wasn't intentional?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Maybe. All I know is someone in editorial is now screaming, "This is why it should be Rick! RICK!".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

She knew exactly what she was saying.

https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/status/1174269018783518723/photo/1

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am interested to see how the Luke Fox as Batman stuff is going to be. He has been a pretty decent character when he has appeared. His Batwing issues weren't bad, and he was great when they put him in Batgirl as a love interest.

Sometimes I think about all they did to build up The Signal, only to push him into a separate but equal Bat-Title once they wanted to do stories about the Bat-Family.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't think I've truly understood what it's like for two characters to have literal anti-chemistry before this Hawkgirl/Martian Manhunter pairing happened and then keeps on trying to happen.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Well poo poo, Geoff Johns nailed it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think I've truly understood what it's like for two characters to have literal anti-chemistry before this Hawkgirl/Martian Manhunter pairing happened and then keeps on trying to happen.

Snyder does seem to think that them being 'destined' does a lot of the heavy lifting.

Poor Kendra always gets destined lovers.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The last Batgirl was really kinda good.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I regretted buying it based on the writer's promise of all the Batgirls appearing, since Cass is written horrendously out-of-character in the inconsequential side story they appear.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I agree.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

cant cook creole bream posted:

The last Batgirl was really kinda good.

I got a chuckle over the new CW Batwoman making an appearance.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I saw this thread pop up on my Google timeline.

https://screenrant.com/batman-joker...0Batman%20film.

And I clicked on it and was so disappointed that the answer was Smilex/Smylex gas.

I really wanted it to be the Joker's super long gun he uses to shoot down the Batjet.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

That was surprising. I think Three Jokers' biggest problem is coming out through this huge glut of Joker stuff.
Especially with all the Red Hood shenanigans, it would've been a much better story to come out years, even decades ago.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
is dc ending

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

John Romero posted:

is dc ending

Yeah, it's DC 2 now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tell them to make doom comics John

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

site posted:

Tell them to make doom comics John

DC doom comics

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

John Romero posted:

is dc ending

They are not putting out Batman for two months, so their goose is cooked.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

I saw this thread pop up on my Google timeline.

https://screenrant.com/batman-joker...0Batman%20film.

And I clicked on it and was so disappointed that the answer was Smilex/Smylex gas.

I really wanted it to be the Joker's super long gun he uses to shoot down the Batjet.

This is such a dumbass article. It may be the first time they've named it but joker venom/toxin dates back before the movie.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I strongly disagree

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

McCloud posted:

I strongly disagree

I've been waffling since yesterday, but this is absolutely how I feel for one reason that I'll spoil.

"I knew the Joker's name one week after we first met. [...] So yes I know his name. But the Joker's name isn't what's important. It never has been." This is meant to be the button on the entire narrative and if you view it in isolation it actually is pretty good.

But then you remember that four years ago what started this entire story was BATMAN GETS OMNISCIENCE FROM THE MOBIUS CHAIR AND ASKS IT WHAT THE JOKER'S REAL NAME IS. Fine, even if Batman knew the chair might still give the same answer of "there's three" but then why ask? Why set it up as a this big mystery, because then it invalidates the whole not mattering of who he really is because that's the question you were trying to answers in the first place!

Like ultimately it's fine and it's a small detail, but if I hadn't suddenly remembered that part I would have felt a lot more positive towards it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The whole Three Jokers thing doesn't make any sense if you look into it at all.

Batman and his crew don't realize there are multiple Jokers except now it doesn't surprise Batman and he has files on all of them and knows one of their names but he asked the question when he had omnipotence and it surprised him.

There's no point to this story. It ruins the whole "we don't know the Joker's real backstory' to "well now they were all real except now one is really for sure the answer but that's fine because you don't know his name!"

And the Jason Todd being in love with Barbara and willing to give up being Red Hood for her and being a better man and leaving it on a note that tragically gets lost is some stupid adolescent bullshit romance writing. The entire subplot with them was stupid as hell and added nothing.

This is like a story where you come up with the big revelation while high and think it's the greatest thing ever but when it's written down it doesn't make any sense and is stupid. This is Kevin Smith level writing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

This is Kevin Smith level writing.

Which of the three Jokers is the one that thanked the guy for helping him escape by offering to let him gently caress his rear end? Cause unless that comes up, no, it's not as bad as Smith.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Cael posted:

But then you remember that four years ago what started this entire story was BATMAN GETS OMNISCIENCE FROM THE MOBIUS CHAIR AND ASKS IT WHAT THE JOKER'S REAL NAME IS. Fine, even if Batman knew the chair might still give the same answer of "there's three" but then why ask? Why set it up as a this big mystery, because then it invalidates the whole not mattering of who he really is because that's the question you were trying to answers in the first place!

Having not read that scene before going back to check, it's clear that Batman is trying to ask the chair control questions to prove that it really is omniscient, with the Joker response being something only he was supposed to know. It's news for him that there are several, and he goes and puts together profiles on them between then and Three Jokers.

It's still extremely stupid, but not inconsistent.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My favorite part is now there's only one joker but there is a lingering shot on the JO part of Chills grave, and then the janitor is wearing a purple "fun time cleaners" outfit so maybe Joe did get jokerfied or there was another one out there who is just loving with Jason and Barbara for fun now.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The Joker literally telling Batman his character archetype, which includes 'the devil', is one of the lamest things I've ever seen. Go play with your katanas, loser.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Arkhams Razor posted:

Having not read that scene before going back to check, it's clear that Batman is trying to ask the chair control questions to prove that it really is omniscient, with the Joker response being something only he was supposed to know. It's news for him that there are several, and he goes and puts together profiles on them between then and Three Jokers.

It's still extremely stupid, but not inconsistent.

That was my reading of the scenes back when John's started this plot line. When he first asked the questions, he thought he already knew the answers and not using the Mobieus Chair to ask who really killed JFK.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I think it is safe to assume that the Mobius Chair stuff is out of continuity, or Three Jokers is.

Just don't ever think about how stupid the Three Jokers reveal was and you will be fine. I am willing to bet Johns is basically done at DC so this won't ultimately matter.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

lol @ retconning Joe Chill to having killed the Waynes out of a fit of jealous rage.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
I feel like the plot point of Batman knowing Joker's identity all along but wanting to protect his family could have been good in a better story with more competent writing.

Same with Batman forgiving Joe Chill.

Three Jokers felt like good art and a couple of good ideas drowned by an awful story.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The real question is how long til some poo poo writer has Joker kill that family? It'll happen before 2022 I'm willing to bet.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Just lol if you think DC will still be producing comics in 2022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Roth posted:

lol @ retconning Joe Chill to having killed the Waynes out of a fit of jealous rage.

It isnt just a jealous rage. He sees the waynes as a symbol of the system and society that has kept him poor and broken. He lashed out at an injust system.

Then he realized they were benevolent rich people.