Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

That's the best cat I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Sleepy Princess
at chapter 190, we take it all the way back to when the Demon King kidnaps the Princess. and then ~gasp~, Demon King is kidnapped?!? How can this be!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Interrogation Princess

Poor Squeakums

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I might have recommended this one before, but here it is again. If you're acquainted with Furuya Minoru's earlier works (ping pong club, boku to issho), Saltiness feels like a slight less gag-y boku to issho with Furuya's fully matured art style. Really crazy so far.

https://mangadex.org/title/52662/saltiness

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

nerdz posted:

I might have recommended this one before, but here it is again. If you're acquainted with Furuya Minoru's earlier works (ping pong club, boku to issho), Saltiness feels like a slight less gag-y boku to issho with Furuya's fully matured art style. Really crazy so far.

https://mangadex.org/title/52662/saltiness

Wow, this is a trip. Thanks for this recommend!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Sleepy Princess

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
In the new Shadows House, John went full shonen :allears:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I love this chapter a whole bunch

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zernach posted:

In the new Shadows House, John went full shonen :allears:

Of everything, I'm most shocked by the fact that they found another girl with Barbara's crazy hair style.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
This week on Franken Fran:

Batman tries to punch out the rona an unspecified pandemic. Then he enlists Fran for help.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

VictualSquid posted:

This week on Franken Fran:

Batman tries to punch out the rona an unspecified pandemic. Then he enlists Fran for help.

Travis Scott guest stars.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Rojica and Rakkasei is finally getting scanlations again after 18 months

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

sinky posted:

Rojica and Rakkasei is finally getting scanlations again after 18 months

Ah yes, the flavor of fantasy that's actually a somewhat hellish post apocalypse that's just offscreen for the young main character. Like the bloke hooked up to a life support machine that wants to die but he can only communicate through morse code which nobody understands...picked up

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
So today I ran into something that I fell in love with instantly: Is It Tough Being a Friend?

Meet the "protagonist"

As the man proclaims, his calling in life is to prop up the main hero as the sidekick. What I find so funny with this it that he is 100% into it, with no wish at all to be put on the spotlight. He genuinly wants his chosen MC succeed and be the sidekick who gets forgotten. So he will gleefully act any role required to fill out what he thinks the protagonists story needs, but he also keeps his sidekick act and true self seperate. So when the metaphorical camera stops as the main characters move on from the scene, he drops the act and goes on with his normal life.

Which is to plan how to help the MC achieve the best ending for their story, so really his normal life isn't that normal at all.

If you like to figure out what the story twist is by yourself, avoid checking out the tags. I personally enjoyed going increasingly :crossarms: at what was happening until it clicked before the main reveal

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Lmao, this guy is a real hero, just doing what he's best at

which is, apparently, making a dozen kindergarteners cry

edit: as advised i didn't check the tags, and no big twist has been revealed yet, but as of the end of chp1 / start of chp2, i'm pretty sure i know what it is, since the artist isn't being subtle at all.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 29, 2023

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
i got it as soon as they explained what the enemies were after in ch4

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I figured out the first twist of the friend being a chick like the first chapter. On top of being a pretty androgynous "male" lead and following the expected comedic outcome, the credits page solidified it. Also punching the MC in the 2nd chapter and the lack of any heroine interaction. I did not however expect the story to go full harem nor the implication that the MC is the reincarnation of the demon lord although it does make sense given he was the only civilian not knocked out during the karaoke bar chapter. But definitely when he just casually vaults a building like it's nothing

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai
nws warning for excessive hand holding.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I'm really liking Kanako's Life as an Assassin. It's a cute manga about an easily frustrated young woman who, when she's flustered mentally says/visualizes cute stuff like "nope nope antelope". She is also an extremely talented assassin who, once she ends up in the world of contract killing, finds it difficult to stop killing assholes.

its also by the author of Tsuruzure Children

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

new Eldritch Senpai
nws warning for excessive hand holding.

Dear lord this fight to save the mother is entirely wholesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A good ol' climactic heroic moment where all your allies show up to take hits/block attacks/encourage you to keep going forward to save the day

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Its a new Interrogation Princess

also new Mermaid Princess

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The ending of that Interrogation Princess got me

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Sindai posted:

The ending of that Interrogation Princess got me

A DREADFUL SECRET THAT FANS THE FLAMES OF JEALOUSY!!!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Need to go back through this thread and just save all the Demon Lord reactions and comments.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A bittersweet Mieruko-chan this week. Content warning: Suicide

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Brought To You By posted:

Dear lord this fight to save the mother is entirely wholesome.

It would be best if the mother was actually thing attacking them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

A bittersweet Mieruko-chan this week. Content warning: Suicide

This update was a real feels trip but I think you might've gotten the wrong read on the events in it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

This update was a real feels trip but I think you might've gotten the wrong read on the events in it.

How so? The kid was gonna commit suicide until he met Hana, he even had a letter written up. Though Romm reminding the kid of his promise with his friend(he presumably found out by talking to the ghost) had an impact too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

How so? The kid was gonna commit suicide until he met Hana, he even had a letter written up. Though Romm reminding the kid of his promise with his friend(he presumably found out by talking to the ghost) had an impact too.

Ah, nevermind, I didn't see the text on the envelope. I thought you were talking about their friend

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
New Sleepy Princess!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1097209

Princess gives off the impression that she kinda just bumbles into everything with no clue what effect she has on other people but occasionally she has moments where she's actually pretty perceptive about what's going on

... I'm honestly not sure which one it is this time :raise:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress yeah Dropout picked up Mizore-Chan, it super sucks it got canceled but at least we'll get to see it to the end now!!!!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

VibrantPareidolia posted:

New Sleepy Princess!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1097209

Princess gives off the impression that she kinda just bumbles into everything with no clue what effect she has on other people but occasionally she has moments where she's actually pretty perceptive about what's going on

... I'm honestly not sure which one it is this time :raise:

It is my personal belief that Princess knows exactly what she is doing at all times, but only cares to use her power in the name of getting a good sleep.

Her influencing Demon King and her own family to begin talks of peace? She just doesn't want to be woken up by fighting.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress yeah Dropout picked up Mizore-Chan, it super sucks it got canceled but at least we'll get to see it to the end now!!!!

ooo yuri for the yukionna

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Useless Ponko
Summer is finally over, time for Yuuna to go back home.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kate is mad as hell and not going to take this anymore

E: Probably should have also included the other new Shadow House chapter that came first

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 15, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
Wow, just wow. I thought I knew the Demon King. Changing the system clock to catch bugs. for shame!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

ah yeah, its a Hell-Lord focused chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

ah yeah, its a Hell-Lord focused chapter.

this manga is so loving stupid and i love it