Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It is not a 2020 NOAH show without Junior Heavyweights turning on each other

Kotaro Suzuki started getting into it with HAYATA after the Full Throttle match & Ogawa tried to break them up. So Suzuki punched Ogawa & then Ogawa & HAYATA kicked the gently caress out of him.

Also Kaito has just pinned Kenoh & I'm pretty sure he's challenging for the National title at the Yokohama Budokan show next month. Also Inamura left Kenoh in the ring after shaking hands with Kaito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1321410772401065987?s=20

Inamura you loving fool, you idiot.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I feel like Kongoh is too overcrowded? Interesting turn though

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Kiyomiya has a unit? :psyduck:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BTF posted:

Kiyomiya has a unit? :psyduck:

It's Kaito/Inaba/Taniguchi but they don't have a name. In the official unit graphics they're placed in Hontai with a box around them

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

I feel like Kongoh is too overcrowded? Interesting turn though

Nah, Kongo was perfectly formed. Basically the Suzukigun of NOAH, a great bunch of pals looking out for each other. Inamura was good as the young boy of the unit, the only one that felt out of place was Nakajima & I assume that's building to him beating Go next month & then Kenoh (who probably loses the National title to Kaito) demands a title shot & Nak drops him & Kongo all abandon Kenoh who ends up siding up with "little brother" Kiyomiya, which leads to amusing shenanigans because they still kind of can't stand each other.

This has been your NOAH fantasy booking minute that I'm only doing because I can't play as NOAH in TEW because there's no good real-world mods (I tried to book Go vs Nak to go 30 minutes & the game told me neither guy had the stamina & I switched it off & gave up)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Someone DMed me last year asking for deathmatch links and they were interested in Gunso vs Rina Yamashita but I can't remember who it was, so here it is for everyone. Dove just uploaded it to their YouTube with an English introduction for whatever reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvXVcy-l_s

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1321478328864428038?s=20

And there you have it. Inamura the turncoat bastard & Inaba vs Manabu & Masa the good loyal big boys.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Inamura comes out rocking blue gear and hair.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up the two Noah shows I missed, and i'm finding it odd that Marufuji is tagging with Ohara. Is there some history between the two i'm unaware of, or some sort of partnership between Full Throttle and M's? Or am I reading too deep and Ohara just needed something to do while the other two FT members challenged for the tag titles?

Also lol at the ever continuing Jr drama, it's been annoying me since I got back into Noah that Suzuki wears red while not a member of Kongoh so happy he got some comeuppance

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There have been a few matches this year where Marufuji has tagged with with Full Throttle members but I think it's really just "keeping matches a little bit fresher than they might otherwise be.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/twf87/status/1321176873360084992?s=19

How many can you get?

Akitoshi Saito, Kazuyuki Fujita, Togi Makabe, Shinjiro Otani, Keiji Mutoh

Masato Tanaka, Naomichi Marufuji, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Takao Omori, Yoshinari Ogawa, Jun Akiyama

Tomoaki Honma, Minoru Fujita, Minoru Suzuki, Masakatsu Funaki, The Great Sasuke, Tomohiro Ishii

TAKA Michinoku, Genki Horiguchi, CIMA, Takashi Sasaki, Sanshiro Takagi, Jun Kasai

Mayumi Ozaki, Aja Kong, Kyoko Inoue, Meiko Satomura, Nanae Takahashi, Atsushi Onita

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man basically all of those guys who got haircuts look way better after getting them.

i literally have zero memory of fujita with that 'do

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Young Ishii's haircut never ceases to make me smile. It looks so wrong.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god makabe is a spitting image for taguchi

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
I see that it's possibly at 1999 where Minoru Suzuki transitioned from handsome murder to murderer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that poster would make for one hell of a champions carnival

i wish more goons knew about genki horiguchi

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ishii looks so young omg

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It shouldn't at this point, but i'm still continually surprised at how old Otani looks no matter what year it is

JOHN CENA posted:

i wish more goons knew about genki horiguchi

Jimmyz for life

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

It shouldn't at this point, but i'm still continually surprised at how old Otani looks no matter what year it is

Jimmyz for life

i was amazed when i realized recently he's younger than mocchy, suzuki, ten-cozy, etc.... when i figured he had to be like mutoh's age.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I posted a match recently, I think it was in this thread, of Otani vs Mochizuki from 1995. Ohtani looked 20 years older than Mocchy, it was really distracting

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lance storm recently uploaded a match from his early Young Boy days in WA-R and he had a tag team match against mochi himself.

i'm basically half expecting to see mid-card Sting vs Mochizuki pop up at this point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still maintain tho that the absolute weirdest western excursion by a japanese wrestler of note is Takao Omori being in the 1996 Royal Rumble Match. Not just being in a WWF Royal Rumble which is weird on its own, but in 1996??????

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

i still maintain tho that the absolute weirdest western excursion by a japanese wrestler of note is Takao Omori being in the 1996 Royal Rumble Match. Not just being in a WWF Royal Rumble which is weird on its own, but in 1996??????

I watched that match within the last 5 years & I do not remember this, unlike Tenryu & Kabuki in '94. How the hell did this happen?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

I watched that match within the last 5 years & I do not remember this, unlike Tenryu & Kabuki in '94. How the hell did this happen?

initially i figured there was probably still a partial relationship with SWS, but no, Omori was still a full fledged AJPW talent at the time. i remember there were rumors of wwf courting Kenta Kobashi for a match with Shawn Michaels at the time, and if it weren't for this weird one time appearance I would think there was absolutely zero to that rumor

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Omori was never with SWS/WAR: he started as an All Japan rookie in 1992; jumped to NOAH in 2000 but fell out with Misawa so ended up bouncing around between World Japan and Zero-1 and New Japan throughout the 2000s before going back to All Japan in 2011 I think and staying there ever since.

That was from that period where WWE were looking for Japanese partners so would sometimes do random stuff. Despite the last time they'd worked together not working very well (the 1990 NJPW/AJPW/WWF dome super show where Baba and Vince apparently fell out over everything) there were talks a few times: that Omori thing might have been Baba helping them out when they didn't really had a deep enough roster to fill a Rumble without putting randoms in it; the talks were more serious in 1997 which is where them being interested in Kobashi comes around but that only resulted in the New Blackjacks working the 1997 Real World Tag League where they finished tied for the bottom on 4 points (and apparently Vince Russo of all people wasn't happy at WWF wrestlers losing a lot in Japan but I can't remember my source for that one so I might be making that up). Clearly it never resulted in anything. There were talks apparently in 2012 about a partnership that was announced but never happened and it appears that they were talking to All Japan pre-COVID about something and Akiyama was meant to go to the US for a training thing before everything was shut down: so it seems to be this weird thing that comes up every so often.

SWS died in 1992: Tenryu set up WAR which was on a much smaller scale and relied on less talent and they remained connected through 1992 and I think they might have randomly reconnected later on in the 90s but for most of that period Tenryu worked New Japan and increasingly WAR ran less shows as he focused on that so that stopped being a thing. They also had a relationship with Michinoku Pro for a bit: that's where Kaientai all came from: Great Sasuke shut down Michinoku Pro for a bit to focus on WWF until he went back to Japan and for their 1997 Sumo Hall show WWF sent them the Undertaker for a match against Jinsei Shinzaki who worked as Hakushi which is; well; rather strange.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hey, Vader/Shamrock off of FMW is on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_hcDyRKEOo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

As I went to start putting together the weekly schedule I saw this perfect tweet

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1321858225742979073?s=20

Poor Kenoh

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Every time I see Kenoh in the ring the lighting makes his hair look like a glorious wig.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Honma is unrecognizable there!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Fairly quiet week outside of the Culture Day holiday on the 3rd. Some title matches in smaller companies though that should be well worth watching, & the big DDT & Dragon Gate shows both look like must watches

31/10/2020, Saturday

11am JST/1pm AEDT/2am GMT/10pm EDT/7pm PDT

NJPW Strong Road to Showdown
Unknown venue
Clark Connors & The DKC vs The Riegel Twins (Logan Riegel & Sterling Riegel)
Karl Fredericks vs Blake Christian
Bullet Club (KENTA, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Hikuleo) vs David Finlay, Alex Zayne, PJ Black & Misterioso
As Live on NJPW World

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

Ice Ribbon Oktober Iceribbon Fest
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Joint Army (Uno Matsuya, Tae Honma & Rina Shingaki) vs Satsuki Totoro, Yappy & Yuuki Mashiro
Ram Kaichow vs Akane Fujita
Ibuki Hoshi & Aja Kong vs Hamuko Hoshi & Ayako Sato
Best Friends (Tsukasa Fujimoto & Arisa Nakajima) vs Tsukushi & Saori Anou
FantastICE Title: Rise Sera(c) vs Dark Snow Maya Yukihi
International Ribbon Tag Titles: Frank Sisters (Mochi Miyagi & Kurumi Hiiragi)(c) vs RebelxEnemy (Rina Yamashita & Maika Ozaki)
ICExInfinity Title: Suzu Suzuki(c) vs Haruka Umesaki
I can't find any firm airdate on this, it's a bigger show so I hope it ends up online somehow but IDK

1/11/2020, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/9pm EDT/6pm PDT

Gatoh Move Choco Pro 60
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on YouTube

Pro Wrestling Zero1 Fire Festival Finals
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
SUGI & RAICHO vs Hide Kubota & Yasu Kubota
Shinjiro Ohtani & Quiet Storm vs Towa Iwasaki & Tsugutaka Sato
Takuya Sugawara, Yoshikazu Yokoyama & T-Hawk vs Masato Tanaka, Yuko Miyamoto & Shogun Okamoto
Yuji Hino vs Chris Vice
Junior Double Crown Title: Shoki Kitamura(c) vs El Lindaman
Fire Festival Final: Hartley Jackson vs Tamura Hayato
Broadcast on SamuraiTV 8th November

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/5:30am EDT/2am PDT

New Japan Road to Power Struggle
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Yota Tsuji vs Yuya Uemura
Chaos (Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto) vs Suzuki-gun (DOUKI, Zack Sabre Jr & Taichi)
Gabriel Kidd & Kazuchika Okada vs The Empire (Great O-Khan & Will Ospreay)
Tomoaki Honma, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White & Chase Owens)
LIJ (SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) vs Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi)
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)(c) vs LIJ (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
Live on NJPW World

Also Wave & Actwres girlZ

2/11/2020, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/5:30am EDT/2am PDT

New Japan Road to Power Struggle
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Yota Tsuji vs Gabriel Kidd
Kazuchika Okada & Yuya Uemura vs The Empire (Great O-Khan & Will Ospreay)
LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi) vs Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Minoru Suzuki)
Best of Super Jr 27 field announcement
Tomoaki Honma, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White & Chase Owens)
LIJ (SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) vs Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr)(c) vs Chaos (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
Live on NJPW World

3/11/2020, Tuesday

Stardom Goddess of Stardom Tag League
Shinkiba 1st RING, Tokyo
Tag League: Dream H (Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa) vs Crazy Bloom (Giulia & Maika)
Tag League: MK☆Sisters (Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid) vs Grab The Top (Syuri & Himeka)
Tag League: Devil Duo (Saki Kashima & Natsuko Tora) vs Color Me Pop (Riho & Gokigen Death)
Tag League: wing★gori (Hanan & Saya Iida) vs Black Widows (Bea Priestley & Konami)
Rest of card TBA
Show eventually uploaded to Stardom World

2:30pm JST/4:30pm AEDT/5:30am GMT/1:30am EDT/10:30pm PDT

DDT Ultimate Party 2020
Ota City Gymnasium, Ota
Keigo Nakamura vs Hideki Okatani
Hiroshi Yamato & Hoshitango vs Mizuki Watase & Yukio Naya
MAO vs Shunma Katsumata
Danshoku Dieno vs Akito
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai) vs DISASTER BOX (Toru Owashi, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata) vs #DAMNHEARTS (Mad Paulie, El Lindaman & Nobuhiro Shimatani) vs Super Sasadango Machine, Makoto Oishi & Antonio Honda
DDT Extreme Title - Weapon Rumble: Shinya Aoki(c) vs Sanshiro Takagi
HarashiMarafuji (HARASHIMA & Marufuji) vs CimaSoma (CIMA & Soma Takao)
DDT Universal Title: Chris Brookes(c) vs Yuki Ueno
Jun Akiyama vs Konosuke Takeshita
KO-D Openweight Title Tetsuya Endo(c) vs Daisuke Sasaki
Live on Wrestle Universe

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/4am EDT/1am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Pemium Prelude
Kiramesse, Numazu
Hajima Ohara vs Yasutaka Yano
YO-HEY vs Kinya Okada
Mohammad Yone & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kongo (Masa Kitamiya & Manabu Soya)
Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura & NOSAWA Rongai) vs Shuhei Taniguchi & Seiki Yoshioka
Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge & Junta Miyawaki vs Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke)
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe 5th November

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/4am EDT/1am PDT

Dragon Gate The Gate of Destiny 2020
Edion Arena, Osaka
K-Ness, Konomama Ichikawa, Shachihoko Boy & Ho Ho Lun vs Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Problem Dragon, U-T & Jimmy
DRAGONGATE (Ben-K, Strong Machine J & Dragon Dia) vs RED (BxB Hulk, H.Y.O. & Dia Inferno)
Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Gamma & Bodyguard vs Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito, Shuji Kondo & Kagetora
Ultimo Dragon, Masato Yoshino & Yasushi Kanda vs Kento Kobune, Taketo Kamei & Madoka Kikuta
YAMATO vs KAI
Open The Brave Gate Title: Kaito Ishida(c) vs Keisuke Okuda
Open The Twin Gate Title: DRAGONGATE (Kota Minoura & Jason Lee) vs Toryumon (Genki Horiguchi & Susumu Yokosuka)
Open The Triangle Gate Title: RED (Takashi Yoshida, Diamante & Kazma Sakamoto)(c) vs Team Boku (Naruki Doi, Ryotsu Shimizu & Punch Tominaga)
Open The Dream Gate Title: Eita(c) vs Kzy
Live on DG Network (with English commentary)

Also shows from Sendai Girls, JWP, 2AW & Zero1

4/11/2020, Wednesday

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/6am EDT/3am PDT

SEAdLINNNG Grow Together!
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Sareee vs Honori Hana
Beyond The Sea Tag Team Titles: Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)(c) vs Ayame Sasamura & Yuu
Beyond The Sea Singles Title: Yoshiko(c) vs Aja Kong
Rest of the card TBA
Hoping this is going to be on NicoNico or something

8pm JST/10pm AEDT/11am GMT/7am EDT/4am PDT

Gatoh Move Choco Pro 61
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on YouTube

5/11/2020, Thursday

Dragon Gate The Gate of Evolution
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Young Ishii's haircut never ceases to make me smile. It looks so wrong.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gate of Destiny is going to rule. Looking forward to the Brave Gate match, Okuda/Ishida has been my feud of the year.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
:love:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://m.youku.com/alipay_video/id_XNDQzMTQxODA2OA==.html?refer=seo_operation.liuxiao.liux_00003311_3000_QfMVj2_19042900

2010 fuka matsuri rumble. fun match! lot's of names that western fans would recognize, emi sakura, riho, minoru suzuki, kikutaro...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pinche Rudo posted:

Honma is unrecognizable there!
I recognized him! The one I completely missed was Kasai, funnily enough.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Why don't I do a better job keeping up with DDT? I have 5 shows to watch before Tuesday's big Ultimate Party event but the 2 I've watched in the last day have been very much enjoyable

I know I probably shouldn't get a kick out of Dieno as it is kind of gay panic stuff but he's a terrific comedy performer with superb timing. Him vs Hirata on the 27/9 show is just a delight.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 1, 2020

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i'm real bad about promoting my dragongate work away from twitter, but had two folks join me for the gate of destiny preview. will have an article sometime monday about how kaito ishida vs keisuke okuda's been the best feud in wrestling in 2020.

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2020/10/31/dragongate-the-gate-of-destiny-2020-november-3-preview-predictions/

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was catching up with Hi5ame's twitter, and

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1322746162995220480

Just look at these babyfaced young men. It's a shame Gulak is trapped in the WWE, I'd love to see this match run back a decade later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I was catching up with Hi5ame's twitter, and

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1322746162995220480

Just look at these babyfaced young men. It's a shame Gulak is trapped in the WWE, I'd love to see this match run back a decade later.

Eddie Kingston teamed with Tadasuke on the same show, which meant that somewhere out there is footage of Eddie vs Shigehiro Irie.