Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kith posted:

If you have archives, this is the original thread and this is TFR realizing what happened.

I do have archives, and I do like scrolling back in time for car wrecks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yesterday someone asked if there were any trump voters left on this site and someone mentioned maybe in GiP/tfr and I don’t think I have ever :lmao:ed harder or longer.

There still a cop thread on SA?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Carth Dookie posted:

Cops don't post in it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol cop posting went the way of Martello

destitute
May 1, 2002
It's about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward.
Nap Ghost
The head of our med unit showed me where he had degloved his finger and glued it back in place with artificial skin while mountain climbing during an R&R. I am a bit squeamish when it comes to injuries, so I took that poo poo to heart and told my team to be careful with their wedding bands. Talk to the doc if you want a good example of what can happen, etc etc.

Like a week later I was working on a set of amplifiers and repeaters deployed on a mountain that ran off a mix of generator and solar arrays. Guy working for me had told one of our idiots to go shut off power so he could get in the guts of the repeaters without getting zapped, and unfortunately the other guy only cut off power from the solar array. Idiot reasoned that the generator was also powering lights so it must be behind the solar in the circuit - except it was (A) not the outpost’s generator bank (which did run the lights) we tied into, but a small one specifically used for our comms package, and (B) broad loving daylight. Melted the ring off on one side and left a bad burn across most of his hand - mostly 2nd degree but some third degree. Luckily the repeated he was working on was in the medical storage closet, so our SF medic simply got up from his desk, grabbed burn meds off the shelf, and sorted my guy really well until we got back to base. He’s got some scarring, but you’d really have to look and know the story to tell what happened to him.

Same dude got sprayed in the face with battery acid a year or so later. When your car battery smells like gas station hot dogs, it is about to explode. The idiot was relegated to much simpler jobs and eventually sent home.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Whoops, looks like those VMI accusations have more speed to them than expected: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/virginia-military-institute-superintendent-resigns-amid-call-racism-investigation-n1244877

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 27, 2020

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

:lol: we fired the octogenarian superintendent, now racism is cured please get the governor to stop asking.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

Carth Dookie posted:

:coolzone:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

when I was guarding a naval base some big brain genius in another unit decided to shoot 240s with tracers at the navy's indoor pistol range and set the rubber backstop on fire.

marines and burning down ranges, name a more iconic duo

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

There's a WaPo story (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vmi-jodel-racism-cadets/2020/10/27/23d43d34-12f1-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html) that's basically about how half the idiots on Jodel are saying stupid racist stuff and the other half are saying to stop saying that out loud or they'll end up in the news again.

The Washington Post posted:

“Washington Post monitors Jodel,” a Jodeler wrote. “Stop posting edgy racist s--- here you make our school look bad.”

Also dishonorable mention to the one chucklefuck who literally responded to a lovely question about how to get laid with "attempted rape of an incapacitated victim."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the fake military academies attract the worst people

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

PookBear posted:

the fake military academies attract the worst people

Citadel cadets kicked off the Civil War.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Imagine paying much higher than average tuition to go to an unofficial military academy and then maybe afterward, you aren't even military or anything. Just.... what the gently caress?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Imagine paying much higher than average tuition to go to an unofficial military academy and then maybe afterward, you aren't even military or anything. Just.... what the gently caress?

As my dad described it, paying to attend 4 years of basic training.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Godholio posted:

As my dad described it, paying to attend 4 years of basic training.

gently caress, I've had that nightmare

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

quote:

"General Peay has served VMI as superintendent exceptionally well for more than 17 years. General Peay is a great American, patriot and hero. He has profoundly changed our school for the better in all respects," the statement said.

In every respect except for the, uh... racism.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I know a teacher who went to The Citadel.

He hated his decision making.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

bulletsponge13 posted:

I know a teacher who went to The Citadel.

He hated his decision making.

Same, but Norwich University in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Vermont. Dumbass high school me thought it'd make me better when I actually got in. It did not.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AOgN-4QnZ4

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Aggies are a whole class of idiot on their own.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Are those guys squeezing their own testicles?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The A&M Corps of Cadets is weird.

Like even a lot of Aggie alum who support are troops and the blue line and so on are still like "Yeah, that corps of cadets, they're uh... an interesting lot."

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My old boss’s son was in the cadets and it just sounds like a loving cult whenever it’s described.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Godholio posted:

Citadel cadets kicked off the Civil War.

Uh, correct?
http://www.citadel.edu/citadel-history/war-deaths/war-between-the-states.htmlOn 9 January 1861 Citadel Cadets under the command of the college's Superintendent, Col. Peter Stevens, fired what many consider to be the first shots of the War Between the States when the battery at Morris Island opened fire on the federal ship Star of the West that had been ordered to re-supply the federal garrison manning Ft Sumter in Charleston harbor.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PookBear posted:

when I was guarding a naval base some big brain genius in another unit decided to shoot 240s with tracers at the navy's indoor pistol range and set the rubber backstop on fire.

Marines and assaulting Okinawans?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

mlmp08 posted:

Like even a lot of Aggie alum who support are troops and the blue line and so on are still like "Yeah, that corps of cadets, they're uh... an interesting lot."

I deployed with a guy who would not shut the gently caress up about going to Texas A&M. Of course he was in the Corps of Cadets. The following events took place over the course of a year:

1. He proposed to his girlfriend before he left for pre-mob.
2. He received a "Dear John" letter before his first tax exempt paycheck.
3. Two weeks later, he saw his ex-fiancé was in a relationship with a guy on Facebook
4. He was placed on suicide watch
5. He spent 2 months watching Friday Night Lights and crying because it reminded him of Texas
6. He bought a house sight unseen because "renting is just throwing money away"
7. He bought his own OCPs and had them shipped
8. He went back to Texas A&M
9. He got a VA rating for PTSD
10. He proposed to some other 19 year old

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

mlmp08 posted:

I went through OCS with a guy that graduated VMI and I can't remember his situation but he somehow didn't get commissioned so he ended up going through basic and OCS after already doing 4 years at a military college. Very Christian and conservative and liked to literally knock his huge rear end VMI ring on nearly anything.

He's definitely a kool aid drinker and will snitch on anyone he notices violating a regulation that he's aware of.

Excellent field grade potential.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Beepity Boop posted:

Same, but Norwich University in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Vermont. Dumbass high school me thought it'd make me better when I actually got in. It did not.

Got my master's there. That's the part of the country I want to end up in. Wish I could've spent more time there in-person (not doing all the dumbshit corps of cadets stuff, obviously).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

McNally posted:

Marines and assaulting Okinawans?

Oh thank god I was going to make this one

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PookBear posted:

Pendleton and it's "every 3 years" tryst with massive fires.

The base General's eldest child and some random PFC

MSgts getting in fights at the E club over other random PFCs

The Okinawa one is the best

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
The assault on Okinawa is a 75 year tradition. Why should it stop now?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PFCs and knocking up the first stripper they meet?

29 palms and misery?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Enlistment bonuses and the nearest car dealership.

The nearest car dealership and APR over 20%.

The inevitable Hellcat and the inevitable lamppost.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

“A” school student getting married to an already pregnant Pensacola local.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Officer felonies and forced retirement

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

mlmp08 posted:

I knew a guy who went to A&M whose granddad was a WWII era deeply gung-ho Aggie/Army Reserve Col - house decorated with a combination of Army and Aggie stuff entirely. My buddy said that when he was considering going to A&M his granddad sat him down and said something like "the Corps has gotten real weird, don't join it"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith posted:

1st Lt Steven has successfully given herpes to a colonel's wife.

Bonus points: it wasn't even infidelity. The colonel's into wifesharing.

Update: The colonel's wife is now pregnant.

Three guesses as to who the father is. For a handy hint, you should know that the colonel has not had sex with his wife in two years.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kith posted:

Update: The colonel's wife is now pregnant.

Three guesses as to who the father is. For a handy hint, you should know that the colonel has not had sex with his wife in two years.

Good for them! Nothing like three parents to make a child feel loved. :unsmith:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Ft Hood and Murders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Godholio posted:

Got my master's there. That's the part of the country I want to end up in. Wish I could've spent more time there in-person (not doing all the dumbshit corps of cadets stuff, obviously).

It's a beautiful area, but god the corps is dumb. Apparently they had to stop doing the annual snowball fight on the parade ground because someone took a guidon to the eyeball. So now people just jump out of fourth-story windows approximately at snow piles when they get bored.