Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

We can't DISPROVE that everyone that isn't a named character is a worm, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

W.T. Fits posted:

Well, I'm sure he did have a reason, it's just not a good one by the standards of anyone, you know, not horribly broken on the inside by a lifetime of unending conflict and misery.

He just really didn’t want to shell out for an Uber.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

We can't DISPROVE that everyone that isn't a named character is a worm, so

We already know several names characters are worms, for all we know the rest could be too!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sirtommygunn posted:

He literally just killed hundreds of people for no reason.

These things happen

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

If all of the keys were ripped from Metatron, wouldn't it make sense that they'd all be depowered if he fell? Like all the demiurges and Zoss are basically Metatron's emissaries?

The keys unlock power. They aren't power unto themselves. Zoss cast down the entire host of mega-Angels by himself before he crafted the first key. Solomon David slew his first Demi-urge solely with the power of Ki-Rata, and his magical kungfu bullshit has nothing to do with the key in his forehead.

Allison had the key of keys and was essentially useless for a sizeable chunk of this story. If you're royal enough, you don't need a key of kings to reshape the universe to your will.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

A.o.D. posted:

The keys unlock power. They aren't power unto themselves. Zoss cast down the entire host of mega-Angels by himself before he crafted the first key. Solomon David slew his first Demi-urge solely with the power of Ki-Rata, and his magical kungfu bullshit has nothing to do with the key in his forehead.

Allison had the key of keys and was essentially useless for a sizeable chunk of this story. If you're royal enough, you don't need a key of kings to reshape the universe to your will.

Lord Intra was so royal he killed a nigh-unkillable gladiator with a clumsy, artless sword blow that was so incomprehensibly bad that his opponent didn't even register it as a real attack before being slain by it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

I just copy the greatest hits from the discord server, lmao.

I am hearing "We are Number One!" Being tootled.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Demiurge4 posted:

We're Gog-deep in the Doot.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Donkringel posted:

I am hearing "We are Number One!" Being tootled.

it's just the same few seconds of careless whisper

by gog-a-gog michael

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Angry Lobster posted:

We're Gog-deep in the Doot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjHbxVI3EI

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

But yeah, Jagganoth absolutely came here with the intention of Starting Some poo poo, so he really doesn't have any room to bemoan how nobody understands him when they understand quite well that he's there to Start Some poo poo.
I thought he was playing rather coy about such intentions when he came down to the planet he nuked and yelled "AH, 'TIS FINE DAY TO START SOME SHIT"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Jagg is still a large angry baby with a nice hat.

He is just a large angry baby with a point.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's a comment from this page, but I chose to accept it as canon.

skaianDestiny posted:

Knew it, Seeker of Thrones 1-4.

Ah guess i did forget!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Josef bugman posted:

Jagg is still a large angry baby with a nice hat.

He is just a large angry baby with a point.

I feel like this is doing a disservice to the large angry baby that's already in the comic.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Bussamove posted:

I feel like this is doing a disservice to the large angry baby that's already in the comic.

That’s jagg after Alison punches him through time and he’s trying to get his revenge.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I picture it more as this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM-Z9c9Lx4E

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Apparently nobody's done this yet so,

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ATP_Power posted:

Apparently nobody's done this yet so,

@kil is perfect.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Corpse reality is a good phrase

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

In 2021 it's what we'll call the time before we entered The Cool Zone.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
if the before times are a corpse reality then all I have to say is: glory to the new flesh

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 29, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

In 2021 it's what we'll call the time before we entered The Cool Zone.

Post cool zone, surely.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Dude's spent a hundred-thousand years building an endless army of hell-generals to win the War that Ends the Universe and people are seriously like "but he blew up Cowboys Stadium."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nilbop posted:

Dude's spent a hundred-thousand years building an endless army of hell-generals to win the War that Ends the Universe and people are seriously like "but he blew up Cowboys Stadium."

His finest achievement yet IMO

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Wtf I suddenly want to join Jagganoth's army now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

please, it's a single stadium purpose built for this one event and will never be used again

it's a world cup or Olympics stadium

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Pretty sure people aren't objecting to the destruction of the stadium itself so much as they're objecting to all the people killed as collateral damage.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Pretty sure people aren't objecting to the destruction of the stadium itself so much as they're objecting to all the people killed as collateral damage.

Protesters: That stadium will should be demolished to make room for an orphanage!

Jagganoth: I will do BOTH.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Who wins in a fight between Jagg and his armies vs. Sargeras and the Burning Legion?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Ironically Incubus has also been constructing an army of hell-generals so I wonder if we’ll get to see both of those in the field.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Wittgen posted:

I hate when characters say a bunch of cryptic poo poo and then break off dialog saying poo poo like "nary a mote of understanding." My overwhelming impression when this happens is, good God this character is terrible at communication. That's fine if it is what the author is trying to convey, but it's usually not and so I end up thrown out of things a little.
Allison's known for a while now that being Zoss' heir and by extension a player at the highest levels of power isn't something she's going to be able to avoid or gracefully bow out of. I get why Jagganoth is a little frustrated that she hasn't made an effort to understand the conflict she's at the center of, beyond naively absorbing whatever morsels of information Cio, White Chain, Incubus, Mottom, or, heaven help us, Gog drop in front of her.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i'm just worried incubus is going to be able to do some kind of "i'm in your head girl" magic to make her give jaggs the key somehow, as his act of sudden but inevitable betrayal.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Incubus was actually on the level with his boost. He didn’t do anything other than power her superego and she overcame that in a huge moment of personal growth. If he was able to manipulate her further he wouldn’t have been in the jail cell when he literally flipped the chair over Zoss being in the same headspace. All he can really do is point to her power in that state and ask if she wants to be back there.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

TK-42-1 posted:

Incubus was actually on the level with his boost. He didn’t do anything other than power her superego and she overcame that in a huge moment of personal growth. If he was able to manipulate her further he wouldn’t have been in the jail cell when he literally flipped the chair over Zoss being in the same headspace. All he can really do is point to her power in that state and ask if she wants to be back there.

Part of Incubus' deal towards Allison appears to be that he genuinely thinks she's the true heir, and his mode of manipulation is just to stoke the fires of her hunger for power. That's what he do. He wants to be her mentor, not her puppetmaster, as far as I can tell - he's replicating Meti in that.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I hope the joke isn't too crude.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Regalingualius posted:

Who wins in a fight between Jagg and his armies vs. Sargeras and the Burning Legion?

Better question, Jagg vs Sheng Selaris.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Benagain posted:

Better question, Jagg vs Sheng Selaris.

Like in a fight? Jagganoth. Sheng does some extremely reality gently caress-y stuff like riding a horse to the moon, but Jagganoth has some really intense powers going on and I think that he'd be better matched by Arkat, the guy who hates so much he cuts through paradoxes. As a weirdly compelling villain? I'm in a 'wait and see' mode. Jagganoth seems the same type as Sheng but we haven't seen what he can get done.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

Part of Incubus' deal towards Allison appears to be that he genuinely thinks she's the true heir, and his mode of manipulation is just to stoke the fires of her hunger for power. That's what he do. He wants to be her mentor, not her puppetmaster, as far as I can tell - he's replicating Meti in that.

Granted, supposing that his plan for getting her to kill (or otherwise dethrone) all of the other demiurges actually works, against all expectations... what next? He’d probably be the equivalent of chump change of chump change compared to her by that point, and she’d have zero reason to respect him at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Granted, supposing that his plan for getting her to kill (or otherwise dethrone) all of the other demiurges actually works, against all expectations... what next? He’d probably be the equivalent of chump change of chump change compared to her by that point, and she’d have zero reason to respect him at all.

His cunning plan is... to be alive while all the assholes he hates are dead?