Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Here are their maps to make it easier to see how wrong they were

Matt:

Virgil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Both have blue Georgia? No loving way.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Both have blue Georgia? No loving way.

Not as crazy as you might think

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1321496975976599554

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao at thinking georgia won't go red. two republican senators too, guaranteed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Serf posted:

lmao at thinking georgia won't go red. two republican senators too, guaranteed

Lieberman's son acting as a spoiler for an almost sure Dem senator is too fitting.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

lol georgia stay red, and two red senators easy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

papa horny michael posted:

lol georgia stay red, and two red senators easy.

Probably but it's not like loving insane to think the Dems could pull it out

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1321498577768718336

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I thought senate races were offset so both seats in a state didn’t come up in the same year?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

Not as crazy as you might think

That may be what the public thinks, but that's not what the votes counted will show.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Nothus posted:

That may be what the public thinks, but that's not what the votes counted will show.

essentially. of all states, pointing at just the polls for georgia doesn't seem sound

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Proust Malone posted:

I thought senate races were offset so both seats in a state didn’t come up in the same year?

One (Loeffler) is a special election, it’s only for 2 more years

Stutes fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 28, 2020

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

sedative posted:

Matt:

Virgil:

this is going to be really funny in a month after trump wins

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shipon posted:

this is going to be really funny in a month after trump wins

Yeah, the last four years have been weighted toward funniest possible outcome, and again that would be Trump in 2020.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, the last four years have been weighted toward funniest possible outcome, and again that would be Trump in 2020.

I'd enjoy Trump trying to coup and then getting zero support for it and walking it back a day later.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

it's funny if he wins. it's funny if he loses.

IT'S SO FUCKIN FUNNY I LOVE AMERICA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No it wouldn't. A massive historic landslide for a doddering old man who nobody especially likes and resigns two years in due to poor health to instate someone who literally no one wanted to be president as president is funnier than just a rerun on 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

it's funny if he wins. it's funny if he loses.

IT'S SO FUCKIN FUNNY I LOVE AMERICA

I’m having a great time. My fellow citizens are here laughing, just out of frame.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Matt and Virgil lay out the reasons that they're very confident that Biden will win, and C-SPAMmers smugly respond, "look at these fools who aren't taking into account Trump thread memes"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Gripweed posted:

Matt and Virgil lay out the reasons that they're very confident that Biden will win, and C-SPAMmers smugly respond, "look at these fools who aren't taking into account Trump thread memes"

if its even kind of close there's no reason the supreme court won't just say "oh every contested state goes to trump because jurisprudence constitution legal precedent suck my dick mail-in voting is fraud now"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh gently caress off, are they running Jon Ossoff again?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

if its even kind of close there's no reason the supreme court won't just say "oh every contested state goes to trump because jurisprudence constitution legal precedent suck my dick mail-in voting is fraud now"

all the scenarios where biden wins depend on a blowout already

I Before E posted:

Oh gently caress off, are they running Jon Ossoff again?

yes and i'm tired of seeing his hosed up little mutant face and body on the tv

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Serf posted:

all the scenarios where biden wins depend on a blowout already

Aren't the GOP setting up a scenario where they can pull the plug before the numbers get too high?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Aren't the GOP setting up a scenario where they can pull the plug before the numbers get too high?

That depends on stuff outside their control, like how big the Republican advantage is in day of voting as opposed to mail in voting.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

yeah and they covered it on the last beltway garage. because covid is a culture war issue the republicans are gonna turn out on election day while the dems don't. all those mail in ballots are getting chunked and america is a psychopath nation that needs to know who won on the night

of course there is an outside possibility that covid really did destroy trump's chances and we get the anemic biden admin stacked with republicans, no significant legislation is passed, crushing defeat in 2022 and then chud turbohitler in 2024. either way, things will continue to get worse at an accelerating rate

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i've seen a few dems on twitter telling people that only voting in person on election day is the safest bet for their vote to count.

it's extremely funny

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yes. Pack as many voting boomers into close quarters as possible. For once they're doing the Lord's work.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

The court runs on it's reputation with useful idiots who believe in the sanctity of the court. They only just barely managed to contort themselves into thinking the decision in 2000 was acceptable because the alternative was the destruction of several branches of government. I'm sympathetic to your idea, but I don't think the justices will pull the trigger unless it's very very close.

Serf posted:

of course there is an outside possibility that covid really did destroy trump's chances and we get the anemic biden admin stacked with republicans, no significant legislation is passed, crushing defeat in 2022 and then chud turbohitler in 2024. either way, things will continue to get worse at an accelerating rate

This is my own personal hell. That this election will be like the old days when we didn't really know who wins till early December, right before the electors vote and Trump will make a big deal about having to pack up his poo poo but nobody will care. Then We'll settle in to four years of shrugging at headlines that read "textbooks officially change number of continents to 6, Antarctica now considered a large island chain" and "New Robo-Police replace human officers, can crack 8x more skulls per hour." I don't know what the republican party will look like post-trump, but I am afraid of parallels to the 2010 crack-back against Obama that gave us the TEA party.

At any rate, it was always going to be a long and hard fight for the dirtbag left & I think the biggest way to affect change is to keep pushing through BLM and similar anti-police brutality orgs. Even the most unaware of my family members saw what happened to George Floyd and Breonna Taylor and were shaken by it. Though I do live in Louisville, so maybe that's different in places that it feels distant.

e: the beltway garage episodes are the best and I will miss them.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes. Pack as many voting boomers into close quarters as possible. For once they're doing the Lord's work.

please don't make posts wishing for the deaths of thousands of people. take that poo poo to cspam or a therapists office

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh, I hope they do pull the trigger. I want to see the Democrats do nothing when confronted with the absolute, undeniable corruption of those institutions they have spent so much of their orgone into, an abject and uncontsted defeat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hadn't thought about what they mentioned in the episode, that if the Supreme Court gets to decide the election but they decide if for Biden, then that's the permanent end of the court packing discussion

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Chakan posted:

The court runs on it's reputation with useful idiots who believe in the sanctity of the court. They only just barely managed to contort themselves into thinking the decision in 2000 was acceptable because the alternative was the destruction of several branches of government. I'm sympathetic to your idea, but I don't think the justices will pull the trigger unless it's very very close.

why would they be afraid of a lot more of this:

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/1307107507131875330?s=20

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

biden's probably gonna win but it won't be a blowout because the electorate has intentionally been narrowed to the point reagan-mondale level outcomes aren't really possible any more

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I enjoyed the episode, the wonkiness is actually interesting, but since the moment Biden became the pick I've been unshakably certain that Trump would win. There's no reasoning I can give and no reasoning that can change my mind before the results are in. If I'm wrong I might have to revisit this one I guess.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sedative posted:

Matt:

Virgil:

Both of those look like mad fantasies to me, but I have intentionally not been paying close attention. (The next couple of weeks is going to be Really Bad, no matter what happens in the election.)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

prefect posted:

Both of those look like mad fantasies to me, but I have intentionally not been paying close attention. (The next couple of weeks is going to be Really Bad, no matter what happens in the election.)

It's pretty plausible if polls are accurate. Of course polls being polls who really knows, I find the best thing is to be smugly pessimistic and then declare victory no matter who wins

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

little munchkin posted:

please don't make posts wishing for the deaths of thousands of people. take that poo poo to cspam or a therapists office
Think of it as wishing for thousands of thousands of immigrants, coastal residents, people who aren't rich, and people who need clean air and water to live, to not die.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's pretty plausible if polls are accurate. Of course polls being polls who really knows, I find the best thing is to be smugly pessimistic and then declare victory no matter who wins

I wish I could do the "smug" part. I'm just afraid of everything. :ohdear:

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

trump is gonna win +20

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Are they doing a live performance like in 2016, or is that cancelled due to Corona? No election night special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

busalover posted:

Are they doing a live performance like in 2016, or is that cancelled due to Corona? No election night special?

Twitch Stream from 7pm till ???