Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

xbilkis posted:

WMOYTC - Miz/Otis, Hell in a Cell 10/25

nth. tucker and otis are on different brands! Makes no sense for Tucker to turn, unless he gets traded or something.

Also that was the last match I got to see last night, the network pretty much decided I wasn't watching HIAC anymore after that for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
MOTYC: Bayley vs Sasha Banks from Hell in a Cell.

Never gonna happen, but Sasha had bladed, this match would have been an all time great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bayley (C) vs. Sasha Banks for the Smackdown Women's Championship in a Hell in a Cell match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

These two are so good together and deserve so much better, but even WWE couldn't get in the way of the two of them just having a hell of a match. Bayley may legitimately be the absolute best all around performer in the promotion.

Nth, agree about Bayley too. Absolute legend

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm gonna be a contrarian
Hmotc Roman Reigns v Jay Uso
I quit match WWE Hell in a Cell

I love my njpw work rate classics just as much as the next wrestlegoon but sometimes you just need some sports entertainment drama. That match left me very sports entertained.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso for the WWE Universal Championship in an I Quit Hell in a Cell Match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

Oh my loving God. Words cannot express how loving dreadful this was. The lovely match structure, the botches, the :geno: ref, the ACT-ing, the TERRIBLE ending.... Jesus loving Christ.
Nth

I've spent most of a day trying to figure out what I didn't like about this match, and I think its because its something that could only happen in the no-crowd era, but in a bad way. The attempt to draw me further in by mic'ing the ring so you can hear everything did the opposite. There was a weird dissonance between that and the canned crowd noise, combined with them not playing to the crowd at all, that just made me feel like I was watching a badly acted TV show. If Roman had a mic or something it would've been better.. but also wouldn't have made sense for the story they're doing..

Also when they mic the ring like that you can hear all the loving awful coughing and retching from the selling and thats just unpleasant to listen to.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The dialogue was just so bad , like really overwritten. Everything could have been said in half as many words

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are from G1 Climax Night 13 on October 10

HM: Taichi vs. Will Ospreay
MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Minoru Suzuki
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi

what a loving night of wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they moved tucker back to smackdown apparently, rescind your wmotyc nominations for miz vs otis based on otis and tucker not being on the same brand!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LionYeti posted:

I'm gonna be a contrarian
Hmotc Roman Reigns v Jay Uso
I quit match WWE Hell in a Cell

I love my njpw work rate classics just as much as the next wrestlegoon but sometimes you just need some sports entertainment drama. That match left me very sports entertained.

I'll second this. I thought the action in the match was pretty good and even the acting they were doing was decent.

Also nth the MOTY for Bayley/Sasha.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well, WWE has gotten another MOTYC, the first for the main brand since Wrestlemania(!).

On the flipside, they've added two new WMOTYCs to their tally, less than a month after they got their last. Also, in what I thought was an amusing coincidence:

Jerusalem posted:

09/27 | Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso for the Universal Championship - WWE Clash of Champions
10/25 | Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso for the Universal Championship in an I Quit Hell in a Cell Match - WWE Hell in a Cell

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The sad thing is that the Roman/Jey storyline would most likely have turned out great if they just didn't overscript the whole thing to hell and back.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

The sad thing is that the Roman/Jey storyline would most likely have turned out great if they just didn't overscript the whole thing to hell and back.

Supposedly they're not actually scripting it. They're letting Roman do what he wants.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Supposedly they're not actually scripting it. They're letting Roman do what he wants.

I refuse to believe that Vince would keep his hands off a Roman storyline, but in case it's actually true then what in the actual gently caress?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

I refuse to believe that Vince would keep his hands off a Roman storyline, but in case it's actually true then what in the actual gently caress?

https://www.givemesport.com/1610428-wwe-news-jey-uso-reveals-how-much-of-roman-reigns-storyline-is-scripted-whose-idea-it-was

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, I might be alone in this but

HM: Brandon Cutler vs Peter Avalon, AEW Dark October 27th

A proper satisfying conclusion to their story. Very dynamic, managed to balance the comedy of both characters against a real sense of drama. And hopefully they can both move on from here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

The dialogue is sooooo awful. I now understand why Roman got zero lines in that Fast and Furious film

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

I guess that explains why even in short twitter clips he doesn't seem to know if he is concerned or a cold blooded killer minute to minute. (Not that this is his fault the match makes no sense so he wouldn't have any idea how a real person would react.)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do feel bad for Jey there because he seems to think this is a permanent thing and he won't be scripted anymore.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HM - NOAH Premium Prelude October 24th
Naomichi Marufuji vs Haoh

I went into this match expecting nothing and came out really enjoying it, a great Junior vs Heavyweight match

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lamuella posted:

A proper satisfying conclusion to their story. Very dynamic, managed to balance the comedy of both characters against a real sense of drama. And hopefully they can both move on from here.

Seconded, very fun match.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

:yeah:

E: And come to think of it:

HM Hikaru Shida vs Leyla Hirsch AEW Dark 27.10

Just a good-rear end match with good-rear end action.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 28, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lamuella posted:

N, also gently caress bumping on dice, christ

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

big yeehaw

MOTYC: Wardlow vs. Adam Page, AEW Dynamite 10-28

wardlow.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

wardlow.

Hell yea second

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

wardlow.

Yeah

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

wardlow.

nth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

wardlow.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Kingston vs. Sydal from Dynamite

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

wardlow.

Nth

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

wardlow.

Yeah. Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hm: Serena deeb vs. layla hirsch, aew 10/28

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

NienNunb posted:

yup 2nd, was pretty dang cool

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NienNunb posted:

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

4th, this was a quality match

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NienNunb posted:

Nth, sign Layla

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr - AEW Dynamite 10/28

I went in with the highest of expectations and it exceeded all of them.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

2nd

great opener and closer tonight folks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

yup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that was a banger.

Also HM for the Deeb / Hirsch match.