Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I did like 150 mg when I wasn't particularly ready for it and combined with some tall boys was out on the street almost unable to walk.

It owned.

One of the most enjoyable highs I ever had was eating a 100mg brownie before going to the dentist for a double crown. Got nitrous, headphones & my favorite music, and a massaging dentist chair.
Zero discomfort, it was so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

el B posted:

What's your recreational threshold? 50mg is a good place for me now. I'm thinking about jumping up to 100mg and seeing how long it takes for me to tolerate that, but I'm scared.

When illinois got recreational I was much the same way. If you are relatively used to 50, I think you could spread out an additional 25-50 after an hour or so. With any type of tolerance I don't think 100mg is too deep, but I've been smoking concentrates and getting wonderful deals on 500mg bags of worms

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
spent like 4 days with my buddy from college and he managed to smoke 3/4 ounce of weed in that time.

it takes me like 3 days to finish a joint. is it common for potheads to smoke that much????

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
When u get stoned all day every day you often forget you're high so you decide to smoke more

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

man that's depressing. It was making me too bummed out to smoke. i couldn't even enjoy myself or my high because I had to be a designated driver and basically a responsible person our entire trip

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Your friend should switch from joints and blunts to bongs/pipes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Grump posted:

man that's depressing. It was making me too bummed out to smoke. i couldn't even enjoy myself or my high because I had to be a designated driver and basically a responsible person our entire trip

Sounds like he had a rad time and you're kind of a wet blanket.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

hahaha probably more power to him but got dam that’s a lot of weed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Half of Denver has an ounce a week habit.

God bless Colorado.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

One of the most enjoyable highs I ever had was eating a 100mg brownie before going to the dentist for a double crown. Got nitrous, headphones & my favorite music, and a massaging dentist chair.
Zero discomfort, it was so great.

My best trip of all time was in Vegas at a conference with my wife. Work had paid for a nice room, we wandered down to a weed place off strip, ate an entire bag of gummies on the walk back, then got in a cab for Fremont Street. That place is great. I won $700 playing slots, met a bunch of weird people,went back to the room and chilled in the jacuzzi for an hour. It was loving great.

The next day that rear end in a top hat shot up Mandalay Bay or the concert across from it I guess so that loving sucked. Then we got trapped on the tarmac for 3 hours because Air Force One was loving about.

Weed was good though. Weed!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Half of Denver has an ounce a week habit.
So, what does that cost in CO?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

So, what does that cost in CO?

89..90 bucks a month?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Four ounces for $90?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Four ounces for $90?

There's weed coupons lol, whole free weekly magazines filled with them

e 4 oz for $90 would still be a pretty impressive accomplishment

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, you can find ounces under $100 pretty regularly though. Less taxes with a medical card.

You can easily pay way more though. Places in Manitou Springs routinely charge $60+ an eighth after taxes, because they're the only two rec shops in the Colorado Springs area. Medical prices are pretty reasonable in the Springs though.

There's usually an ad on weedmaps for $50/ozs medical but it's exactly what you'd expect from a $50 oz. I like getting shake because it's usually 2oz for $80 after tax and tip. I love flower but prices are 10-20% higher than this time last year at good dispos.

I've gotten shake that was just tiny buds and less stem than I'd gotten out of a bag of top shelf from some shops. Quality still costs money, and that's around $150/oz right now.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 29, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I mean, 150/oz is still a great price for those of us who remember the Before Times when you were lucky to get an oz of "not Mexican brick weed" for 200.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weed had gotten really really cheap here for a while like back in 2014-2016. you could easily get top shelf zips for 175-200 not even having to buy in bulk at all. dunno what happened but that only lasted for a couple of years now the black market is all hosed up again and the pandemic isnt helping. like 300-350/oz for the same top shelf again (again these are not bulk prices. buying in bulk you can get it down somewhat). you can still get stuff for around 200 but it always sucks and has been heavily kiefed out.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
An ounce in the PA MMJ program would run about $500, and you would have to make multiple trips because you can only buy 3 of one flower. :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any recommendations for a cheap-ish refillable lighter that is not a torch lighter? I bought one on amazon for my vaporgenie a few months ago and it's okay but might've been too cheap and I'm already having some issues with it not lighting and refills kinda shittily. I'm debating just buying a box of Bics instead at this point.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I mean, 150/oz is still a great price for those of us who remember the Before Times when you were lucky to get an oz of "not Mexican brick weed" for 200.

Yeah, I was pretty happy when I could get a $20 1/8 from my guy. Now my now-legal ounces are probably ~$120, so it's only a little cheaper but much, much better. But we're price chatting

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

explosivo posted:

Any recommendations for a cheap-ish refillable lighter that is not a torch lighter? I bought one on amazon for my vaporgenie a few months ago and it's okay but might've been too cheap and I'm already having some issues with it not lighting and refills kinda shittily. I'm debating just buying a box of Bics instead at this point.

Did you drain the excess liquid before trying to fill it? You have to bleed off the excess liquid inside by pushing the fill valve inward (cold, use something you can push from an angle, like a bent fork) in order to get a full, proper fill with refillable butane lighters.

Otherwise Bics are about $1 each if you buy bulk packs.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Did you drain the excess liquid before trying to fill it? You have to bleed off the excess liquid inside by pushing the fill valve inward (cold, use something you can push from an angle, like a bent fork) in order to get a full, proper fill with refillable butane lighters.

Otherwise Bics are about $1 each if you buy bulk packs.

I sure haven't! I'll give that a try and see if that helps. The other issue is the valve itself seems a little janky and off-center so I can never tell if I'm actually filling it up or not. Am I supposed to hear something happening when filling up a lighter?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. You should hear the hiss of fluid transferring from a high pressure can to a no pressure lighter. Fill in 2-3sec intervals, to keep the valves from getting so cold they freeze open. Couple pumps like that, can upside down into lighter fill valve, should be good. Purge the lighter every other fill or so. If you see the vapor mist coming out around, try using the different nozzles that come in most butane can lids.

Obviously do all the purging and filling outside.

My torchs' fill valve is a little off center, still works fine as long as you line it up right.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is "live budder" what I think it is, or is it just a name for a concentrate that I shouldn't use to put in food?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Video Nasty posted:

Is "live budder" what I think it is, or is it just a name for a concentrate that I shouldn't use to put in food?

Pretty sure it's just a type of live resin with a different consistency. I thought I did used to hear some people say "budder" for cannabutter though.

edit: yeah it's a concentrate like this

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I hate using standard lighters on my Genie. It turns the ceramic element into a blocked black mess.

Angled torch lighters for Genies. Refilling these works fine as long as the refill bottle is upside down and I keep lightly shaking the connected refill bottle and lighter.

Lol also that reminds me:. My MIL got a Genie based on my recommendation. But she kept saying she was having trouble with it. So after a few months I finally looked at it.
She had been stuffing flower on top of the ceramic element and lighting it.

Wat

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TotalLossBrain posted:

Angled torch lighters for Genies. Refilling these works fine as long as the refill bottle is upside down and I keep lightly shaking the connected refill bottle and lighter.

Huh, torch lighter? It's been probably ten years since I bought this thing but seem to recall them saying not to use a torch lighter for some reason. Maybe it's because I have the glass one?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Should have clarified that I'm talking about a wood Genie

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TotalLossBrain posted:

Should have clarified that I'm talking about a wood Genie

Ah, yeah I tried a torch lighter with my glass piece a while ago and the thing got really, really hot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You can use a torch of genies, it just takes getting used to and you should probably hold it a little further away than a Bic or generic cigarette lighters.

I have no idea where my wood vapor genie is right now.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I completely stopped using mine after getting a Mighty for my birthday. That thing is very awesome

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I used a vapoegenie for years with bics and never had issues with the filter getting charred up unless I used it a bunch when drunk. If this is happening you're sucking the flame into the filter, which is wrong

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 29, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty sure I kept mine, but stopped using it after getting an MFLB a long time ago.

Now I just roll joints, too easy. If I was somewhere in an illegal state, I'd probably still be vaping.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TotalLossBrain posted:

I completely stopped using mine after getting a Mighty for my birthday. That thing is very awesome

This looks awesome but drat that's pricey. I've used this glass genie for over 10 years (holy loving poo poo I'm old) and still love how little I need to put into this and how much I can get out of it. I have a Pax 2 and my gf a Pax 3 and never use it because of how much you need to put into those things and how quickly it gets torched even if you're being sure to start low with the temp and bump it up over time.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

If you liked the vaporgenie you should check out the vapcap. It's still flame powered, but you heat the vapcap itself until it clicks then put away the heat and take a rip instead of having to manage the heat with your lungs. It's relatively foolproof, hits like a bear and also works very well in the elements (unlike the vg)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I still fall back to my 2018 vapcap M from my POTV One all the time. Stronger hits, better flavor. Too bad my torch eats butane like no other

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have one of those and never figured out how to get a good hit off of it. i'm sure i'm using it correctly but it's just weak for me

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huh, I never heard of the Vapcap before but this looks kinda neat.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

i have one of those and never figured out how to get a good hit off of it. i'm sure i'm using it correctly but it's just weak for me

Try heating the tip a little longer past the clicks, and also heating lower, almost at the bottom of the cap, around the V in Dynavap. This gave me the best hits with the 2020 M. The Ti tip does heat up and dump its heat much faster, making for snappier rips (tips are interchangeable btw, you don't have to buy the whole Ti rig)

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Can any bong be converted into a dab/concentrate rig? I've just been smoking on a $20 bubbler with removable bowl since I really ~got back into~ smoking weed a few months ago when I took a hiatus from drinking.

Now that my nightly ritual is weed instead of booze, I'm definitely starting to build a nice Weed Cabinet of strains and want to upgrade my intake system. (I'm in San Diego with tons of dispensaries)