Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Evil Within 2 is weird, I’m not sure that adding an open world and NPCs was a great idea. It looks much better than the first game and the gameplay is fine, but it feels like it’s lost something atmosphere-wise. The resource scrounging is cool although ammo is even scarcer than the first game. Definitely enjoying it regardless

EW2's resource grind is much less punishing between the abundance of lootable items and the crafting system

i love, absolutely love games that let me break into people's houses and take all their stuff, so the open world (and the gradual progression thereof) was super appealing to me even if it wasn't as loony aesthetically as the first one, but it still achieves a sense of dreamy surrealism and does it with far more coherence than its predecessor, which felt like a bunch of separately developed assets spliced together at the last second

its only real downside compared to the first imo is that sebastian's "wife! daughter!" angst is extremely tedious compared to his laconic hardboiled personality in the first. pretty much everyone in EW2 talks too drat much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That was an amazing six hours of Bloodborne.

We knocked out Shadow of Yarnham, Ron the vacuous spider and the reborn one.

Logarius I took off half his health on my first attempt before I died and called it a night. I also feel fine about letting 20k echoes go. I have realised that it is not about echoes but about the hunt. There will always be echoes to collect as long as there are beasts to hunt.

Thank you so much Esco, Quantum, Vikar and Guillermus for multiplaying with me and providing me support and strength! It is a boost feeling like a powerful gamer with a powerful crew! I think I might rep the gang tag once I complete the game :3: maybe sooner! I wonder if there is a Kirby bloodborne graphic I could have as an avatar hehe.

Also thank you to all those who watched and commented and had fun with me. I love streaming!

What a game!!!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Google has some options.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Logarius I took off half his health on my first attempt before I died and called it a night. I also feel fine about letting 20k echoes go. I have realised that it is not about echoes but about the hunt. There will always be echoes to collect as long as there are beasts to hunt.

Thank you so much Esco, Quantum, Vikar and Guillermus for multiplaying with me and providing me support and strength! It is a boost feeling like a powerful gamer with a powerful crew! I think I might rep the gang tag once I complete the game :3: maybe sooner! I wonder if there is a Kirby bloodborne graphic I could have as an avatar hehe.

Also thank you to all those who watched and commented and had fun with me. I love streaming!

What a game!!!

Great stream.

Don't forget to peek into the DLC. Some nice weapons to be had in there just by running around, even if you make little to no progress at this juncture!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cool to see goons empowering themselves and also partaking in jolly co-operation!

quite thrilling!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m working tomorrow night so I’m not sure how much of the stream I’ll be able to join but can someone direct VG to the upper cathedral key? He didn’t pick it up this time (which I mean, fair, it’s pretty drat well hidden)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

its only real downside compared to the first imo is that sebastian's "wife! daughter!" angst is extremely tedious compared to his laconic hardboiled personality in the first. pretty much everyone in EW2 talks too drat much

Yeah I liked Sebastian’s personality and voice acting better in the first game. He wasn’t really much of a character but everyone had that kinda off-kilter Resident Evil vibe thanks to Mikami’s involvement

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'll see if I can join the fun tomorrow.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I had to go to work right after the Shadow of Yharnam fight, bummed i missed jolly co op. But drat you’re almost done, he might make it in just under 12 hours, insane. I’ll volunteer to guide vg to the key tho! Gonna get my one character that’s not like level 120+ kitted out tonight.

The new Gonichumi fight is cool, havent quite figured out his new moves, or how to perfectly deflect them.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 29, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Way of Tomboy.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Evil Within 2 is weird, I’m not sure that adding an open world and NPCs was a great idea. It looks much better than the first game and the gameplay is fine, but it feels like it’s lost something atmosphere-wise. The resource scrounging is cool although ammo is even scarcer than the first game. Definitely enjoying it regardless

It’s definitely a little safer and less of a trip as far as the story and atmosphere but I enjoyed it more as a game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

New iOS app update is out. I think it's still pending on Android.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Finished TLOU2. Was pleasantly surprised to have reached the end at 11:30 pm...
only if wasn't the end at all. It is now 2:45 am...gently caress. Oh well an excellent game, if a bit fight heavy towards the end there, and the final enemy faction and story part seem like a last minute addition to give Ellie a realistic chance in the final fight.
I will likely play NG+ for the collectibles and skills but in easy.

The thing I liked most was the use of the calm guitar songs as a stark contrast to the brutal world.

Joel is really hard to understand btw. he mumbles so bad.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I enjoyed TEW2 far more than the first. The only downside is the intro takes way too long to get through on repeat playthroughs. It really needs a way to just fast forward to the actual game on New game plus.

In other news, I was really disappointed by the stealth in Ghost of Tsushima. It feels like a afterthought.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

There's like, hours and hours on non combat walking around sections in TLOU 2.

There's a growing market of gamers that want video games minus the enemies and timers and time limits that developers aren't cashing in on.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want uncharted except you sneak past the bad guys instead of having to kill hundreds of them

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

RareAcumen posted:

There's a growing market of gamers that want video games minus the enemies and timers and time limits that developers aren't cashing in on.

I just finished Hellblade, and while it was excellent I think it would've been even better if they could've done it without any combat.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I want uncharted except you sneak past the bad guys instead of having to kill hundreds of them

When I played Uncharted 2's multiplayer for the first time and saw how each unique enemy type had a name, it made me want a game like Uncharted where there's only like 30 enemies total but each one is a unique character with lots of unique voice/etc. for each. So during most of the gameplay you're sneaking around them and in combat they regenerate like you do and instead of killing them you're fighting enough that they retreat. Then at each big end of chapter setpiece a couple of them actually get killed.

RareAcumen posted:

Weirdly the FromSoftware games (even before Demon's Souls) scratch this itch for me because a lot of them have segments with no/few enemies, and lots of opportunity to explore relatively large areas with no enemies at all for a bit after you've fought through them. You get a lot of control over the pacing of how you navigate through those games which I appreciate.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 29, 2020

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Outer Wilds has no combat, no items to pick up, no stats and it’s one of the goats. Also disco elysium technically does kind of have combat but it’s the result of dialogue more than anything. The last guardian technically has combat cause you can rip the heads off of the armored knights

Neo Rasa posted:

Weirdly the FromSoftware games (even before Demon's Souls) scratch this itch for me because a lot of them have segments with no/few enemies, and lots of opportunity to explore relatively large areas with no enemies at all for a bit after you've fought through them. You get a lot of control over the pacing of how you navigate through those games which I appreciate.

This is why Deraciné is great, and it has some of the best PSVR graphics I’ve seen, like everything you can hold or get close to looks incredibly sharp.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ShakeZula posted:

I just finished Hellblade, and while it was excellent I think it would've been even better if they could've done it without any combat.
I agree, but I guess as long as they had “blade” in the title it had to have some combat.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Deracine is pretty fantastic too. It kinda sucks that it's VR exclusive so more people can't play it but it feels like a dark British children's fairy tale in video game format. Like if Miyazaki said this game happens 5 miles away from Bloodborne I'd believe it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love fighting and killing enemies in video games, shooting them with guns, mowing down dozens of them as I progress through the game. Headshots rule.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's 4 pretty much

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

I enjoyed TEW2 far more than the first. The only downside is the intro takes way too long to get through on repeat playthroughs. It really needs a way to just fast forward to the actual game on New game plus.

I liked TEW2 a lot too, I can't shake the feeling that the camera is way too close and it makes walking around feel weird as a consequence of that.

ShakeZula posted:

I'm taking these posts seriously just in case people think I'm just making a joke or something. I'm personally just fine making a pile of bodies to climb up a ledge or use as cover or to weigh down a switch but it's not for everyone, that's fine.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Haha, the supposedly PS5-compatible WD SSD is $450 for 2TB. EXPENSIVE.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Those prices will definitely come down as time goes on.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Crows Turn Off posted:

Really the only benefit from going the Sony route vs. the proprietary Microsoft one is if it's way cheaper so that sucks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

morestuff posted:

Really the only benefit from going the Sony route vs. the proprietary Microsoft one is if it's way cheaper so that sucks

Detective No. 27 posted:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

But I want it now!!!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

VideoGames posted:

What a game!!!

That was super fun. I watched from the watchers to when you found the dude before ROM. I was laughing my rear end off when you kept getting your insight stolen buy that guy to the left of the house. Holy poo poo I think he ate your head like 6 times. I always avoid that guy because he sucks. You're getting really good at the parry.

Thanks for sharing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Yeah, but that's still probably a few years from now and assumes the price will never drop on the MS card. And also you still have to pry open and unscrew your console

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

RareAcumen posted:

I liked TEW2 a lot too, I can't shake the feeling that the camera is way too close and it makes walking around feel weird as a consequence of that.

I'm taking these posts seriously just in case people think I'm just making a joke or something. I'm personally just fine making a pile of bodies to climb up a ledge or use as cover or to weigh down a switch but it's not for everyone, that's fine.

I will say I don't have any real aversion to combat in games generally. That was just one particular case where it felt, I don't know, kind of perfunctory.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

morestuff posted:

Yeah, but that's still probably a few years from now and assumes the price will never drop on the MS card. And also you still have to pry open and unscrew your console

if the $450 figure is accurate then they're already essentially at price parity despite MS using drives that are something like 3-4 times slower. i would not expect sony's proprietary solution to have been cheaper.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Esco are you gonna stream your Sekiro journey?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Why do some people say Gonichumi when it's Genichiro? Is it some joke I'm missing?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Yes, please.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

That's 4 pretty much

From watching Chip Cheezum that did not seem to be the case

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Esco are you gonna stream your Sekiro journey?

Unfortunately the internet in my current place is really bad 😔

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crows Turn Off posted:

Jesus Christ that's nearly as much as a PS4 Pro!

From watching Chip Cheezum that did not seem to be the case

Chip Cheezum does not LP games the way most people play them.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Unfortunately the internet in my current place is really bad 😔

But good enough to help a hunter ;D !!

Coincidentally, I did a quick listen to the stream and wow that microphone is better.

As such, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap headset (£20 - £30) that is USB with a microphone that you can swivel up and down? The one I used last night was awesome, but is about 8 years old and is one I borrowed from Lady VG. I cannot find that model anymore and it only cost me £15.

Any recommendations would be surper! :D