Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol theyre explicitly banning pointing out that the BBC is utterly biased towards the tories, even going so far as to use right wing language banning "virtue signalling" which covers everything from charity work to saying that tories burning fivers in front of the homeless is bad.

I've never seen anybody from the BBC point out that the BBC is biased towards the Tories, or that burning fivers in front of the homeless is bad.

Going "oh no, BBC stars will be banned from expressing left-wing opinions on twitter" seems to miss the fact that none of them have any remotely left-wing opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If anything was sane any more, a politically neutral virtue signalling ban to the left should mean an equal virue signalling ban to the right, and theregore anyone saying it's good to amass cash or ban minorities should also be silenced removed from the fair, unbiased impartial and good actually discourse.

This would rely on centrists being any more than a bulwark to protect the hard right from leftists.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Corbyn suspended now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Uhm,

What?

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1321799968101965824

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

PriorMarcus posted:

Corbyn suspended now.

Bastards.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What a surprise.
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1321800130635456513

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So that's the last remaining left members gone then.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wrap it up Corbailures

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1321800130635456513

e: Beaten, twice, while replying "loving hell" on Twitter.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
gently caress the lot of them, what an absolute poo poo show.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That escalated quickly

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really do hope that sad little prick who blubbered his way out of the thread because everyone was too mean to him about supporting starmer is still loving miserable.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

What were Corbyns comments?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is it finally time for Corb and co to set up the Cool Labour Party because I could probably talk myself into giving them some money

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If the rest of the SCG don't follow him then they are cowards who deserve to be slapped in the face with a comically large foam hand with SOLIDARITY written on it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

He said he hates the Jews & god willing Israel will be pushed into the sea by his righteous friends in Hamas & Hezbollah & Islamic State.

He also said Hitler did nothing wrong. Seems a bit naughty.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

If the rest of the SCG don't follow him then they are cowards who deserve to be slapped in the face with a comically large foam hand with SOLIDARITY written on it.

I highly doubt they will go anywhere.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Full statement from Corbyns FB page:

quote:

"Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.

“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.

“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.

“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.

“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.

“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”

I assume they're pouncing on the second to last paragraph holding onto the belief that the problem was overstated.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

So glad I quit the party - I told everyone I was leaving in January so they could find other 'volunteers' for the various jobs I did, and emailed in my formal resignation in March.
What a shower of bloody shits.
They should be dragging McNicol and Matthews over the coals for bringing the party into disrepute for deliberately hampering investigations, Emilie Oldknow for her blatant bullying and harassment, and all the other wankers on the right.

gently caress Sir Hairspray the Wooden Plank and his cronies.

I hate the tories, but my hatred for the new new labour is not far behind.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Corbyn suspended from Labour

https://twitter.com/peston/status/1321800159764877323?s=21

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

ZoninSilver posted:

And what the gently caress is so bad about that that he should have to retract it? I guess it's the 'overstated' bit. Which it was, overstated.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jesus christ what a shitshow

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ZoninSilver posted:

I don't see what's actually wrong with it? The suggestion that this has been used as a tool to beat him with?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lmao what a shower of poo poo. gently caress the lot of them.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Wow, they finally did it. Even out of office, they are still driven to crush him.

Seriously... You do have to wonder if he had actually won 2019, if they would have just gone full Bolivian coup style on that election and in that alternate timeline we would all currently be in Red Brigades, defending the last redoubts in the north from the encroaching Nationalist militias.

Edit: Seriously what's that phrase for the using the legal system to depose leftist leaders in south america again?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OwlFancier posted:

I highly doubt they will go anywhere.

But the left will completely desert them.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

stev posted:

I don't see what's actually wrong with it? The suggestion that this has been used as a tool to beat him with?

There is literally nothing wrong with it, it's absolutely pathetic that he's been suspended.

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!
make sure u stay in labour though, to push starmer left :)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And what the gently caress is so bad about that that he should have to retract it? I guess it's the 'overstated' bit. Which it was, overstated.

Pointing out that it was used by the right of the party in a factional manner. Given that faction now controls the party, well...

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if you suggest at any point that any allegation of antisemitism might be in bad faith or politically motivated you're part of the problem, i.e. basically Hitler

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This bit:

quote:

“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.

Lets ignore Sam Matthews blaming Labour for him not doing his loving job, or uh...whatsherface reporting 200 people for antisemtism, 90% of whom weren't labour members.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I don't think anyone gave me poo poo when I quit the party back in December, but I'm sure some people did and I hope they're happy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

namesake posted:

But the left will completely desert them.

I doubt that as well. They will keep making left-ish noises and people will still support them. Where else are the left going to go? They can serve by getting people cushy jobs following the starmer line and looking sad about it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's forbidden to acknowledge the ideologically motivated nature of the overwhelming majority of claims of antisemitism. And like, not in a haha jokey exaggeration way, that's literally what he's been suspended for.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
rip antisemitism 2015-2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I doubt that as well. They will keep making left-ish noises and people will still support them. Where else are the left going to go?

Certainly not show some loving spine & force political parties to actually earn our vote.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

but guys if you quit labour now you won’t be able to change it from within!!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

ZoninSilver posted:

I assume they're pouncing on the second to last paragraph holding onto the belief that the problem was overstated.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah think it’s time to abandon labour, going to cancel my membership as soon as I get home. I guess I naively thought it was saveable but I can see I was wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I don't think anyone gave me poo poo when I quit the party back in December, but I'm sure some people did and I hope they're happy

Wait, what?

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah think it’s time to abandon labour, going to cancel my membership as soon as I get home. I guess I naively thought it was saveable but I can see I was wrong

Make sure you get your NEC vote off before you go, might as well given that you paid for it