Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

DGC773 posted:

Yeah and leave the Labour Party unelectable for decades more.

Better still than a Labor party run by Starmer, in or out of office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

splinter! new party!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Don't ever engage someone who tries to throw even mild antisemitism-themed criticism at JC

just smash them in the loving dirt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

therattle posted:

Lots of Jews: there is antisemitism in Labour.
Leadership: No there isn't. You're imaging it. it's all smears or Zionists.
Lots of Jews: there is antisemitism in Labour!
Lots of Jews + others: there is antisemitism in Labour!
Leadership: Ok, maybe there is a bit of a problem, but we have NO TOLERANCE for this thing we haven't acknowledged for the past few years.

EHRC report: There was AS in Labour. The leadership took a long time to acknowledge and then deal with it. It interfered in the disciplinary process (although it said it didn't). It was often characterised as smears against the party, and fabricated. This caused many Jews a lot of distress.
JC: The scale of the problem was massively overstated!

JFC. Like I said, I don't think he is that bright or a very good politician.

You're a disingenuous fuckwit, the leadership of Labour never said "there isn't any antisemitism & it's Zionist smears", just gently caress right off with making poo poo up

DGC773 posted:

Yeah and leave the Labour Party unelectable for decades more.

Good, gently caress 'em.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

therattle posted:

Leadership: Ok, maybe there is a bit of a problem, but we have NO TOLERANCE for this thing we haven't acknowledged for the past few years.

EHRC report: There was AS in Labour. The leadership took a long time to acknowledge and then deal with it. It interfered in the disciplinary process (although it said it didn't). It was often characterised as smears against the party, and fabricated. This caused many Jews a lot of distress.

gently caress off turd

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Don't you understand?? Labor needs to be the Conservative party, so they can get ELECTED and enact policies that would have been passed by the Conservatives

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

therattle posted:

Well, he's certainly done the former if that's what he wanted. If the latter, I think it's very bad judgment, and completely tone-deaf.

You're a loving idiot.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

therattle posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1321807534387306497

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Chomskyan posted:

Better still than a Labor party run by Starmer, in or out of office

Yeah you know what I agree. I want an unelectable Labour Party for the rest of time.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DGC773 posted:

Yeah you know what I agree. I want an unelectable Labour Party for the rest of time.

I have good news!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

DGC773 posted:

done

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

DGC773 posted:

Don't get me wrong, you're completely incorrect that a left wing party would be unelectable. I'm just saying even if you were correct it doesn't matter

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

remember when the tories had a ceremony and celebration for unveiling a new statue of a nazi sympathizer last year during the general election? lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nancy-astor-statue-theresa-may-boris-johnson-antisemitism-plymouth-a9226106.html

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DGC773 posted:

You got it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i wish i shared the optimism of posters who don't think kier will win the next election

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Communist Thoughts posted:

i wish i shared the optimism of posters who don't think kier will win the next election

Boris is still really popular though

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

gonadic io posted:

he'll have hosed off by then but the tory after the tory after the next tory will win anyway

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Once CV19 is over next March, Boris will come back and start winning again,

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Prit Patel will be the next leader after Boris. Labour have no chance.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Why would you think that? There was exactly one Labour PM that won an election in the last 50 years. And that guy was reportedly so close to Rupert Murdoch that he was sleeping with his wife.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

gonadic io posted:

i can see it going either way, but i think the path kier is moving towards is supplanting the tories as the neoliberal party by pitching labour as the sensible party of capital and the security state and its probably a more effective strategy than placing your faith in the british public and democracy to embrace good policies.

plus the tories handling of coronavirus and then the inevitable brexit disaster are going to be gifts for labour whoever is in charge.

we're basically going to see authoritarian technocrat vs culture war played again.
it remains to be seen if the power of culture war bullshit has been exhausted since if it hasn't kier is almost an ideal opponent for boris.
either way the strategy will get the centre right media and money on labour's side compared to the corrupt incompetence flagrantly on display at the moment. they dont mind corruption but they do mind it being this obvious.

i see kier as being put in his position to basically prevent any sudden lurches to the populist left or right but also to rehabilitate british corruption and put it back behind the curtain.
he's such a gift to the establishment its unreal.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It will be Sunak and he'll just do all Keir's moves while Keir agrees with him on everything

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

i can see it going either way, but i think the path kier is moving towards is supplanting the tories as the neoliberal party by pitching labour as the sensible party of capital and the security state and its probably a more effective strategy than placing your faith in the british public and democracy to embrace good policies.

plus the tories handling of coronavirus and then the inevitable brexit disaster are going to be gifts for labour whoever is in charge.

we're basically going to see authoritarian technocrat vs culture war played again.
it remains to be seen if the power of culture war bullshit has been exhausted since if it hasn't kier is almost an ideal opponent for boris.
either way the strategy will get the centre right media and money on labour's side compared to the corrupt incompetence flagrantly on display at the moment. they dont mind corruption but they do mind it being this obvious.

i see kier as being put in his position to basically prevent any sudden lurches to the populist left or right but also to rehabilitate british corruption and put it back behind the curtain.
he's such a gift to the establishment its unreal.

One thing with this though is the Tories have 4 years left in power. CV will be over by March next year and Brexit will be done. So it will just be putting economic policies in place to benefit the UK outside the EU. The Tories are not scared at throwing money at the problem either.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

DGC773 posted:

One thing with this though is the Tories have 4 years left in power. CV will be over by March next year and Brexit will be done. So it will just be putting economic policies in place to benefit the UK outside the EU. The Tories are not scared at throwing money at the problem either.

lmao @ CV being beaten by march at this rate. the UK is gonna be dealing with this for a whiiiiiiiiile

also the tories throwing money is literally just giving their cousin 200 million to do nothing. they are completely against using money to help out.
4 years down we're gonna be looking back at 2020 as a relatively competent year

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

like again i dont think its a given he wins at all, but his path to victory is way clearer than corbyns was

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

lmao @ CV being beaten by march at this rate. the UK is gonna be dealing with this for a whiiiiiiiiile

also the tories throwing money is literally just giving their cousin 200 million to do nothing. they are completely against using money to help out.
4 years down we're gonna be looking back at 2020 as a relatively competent year

People are already bored with the restrictions now I don't see public compliance for much longer. By march next year we should have a vaccine.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

DGC773 posted:

Prit Patel will be the next leader after Boris. Labour have no chance.

Patel's the only Tory that would lose to Starmer

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Rollie Fingers posted:

nah i'd make that gove, mind you he has the same inevitability as bojo did so maybe he will win anyway.

priti is a hot fascist with a supervillain motif, if she could get a good faction behind her she'd be a strong contender imo.
plus the tories would love to also have the first asian PM as well as all the women while labour just elects lovely white man after white man

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Oct 29, 2020

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Rollie Fingers posted:

Nah Patel would win a bigger landslide than Boris

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Boris will be PM until the day he dies. Every Englishman's feeble peasant mind yearns to vote for him because he's just enough of a racist moron for them.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The 1918 flu had four distinct waves, as a data point

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

AnoHito posted:

Boris will be PM until the day he dies. Every Englishman's feeble peasant mind yearns to vote for him because he's just enough of a racist moron for them.

few months ago that was almost true

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Patel's too cartoonishly evil and she's openly and blatantly corrupt.

The kind of shy Tory that swings each election to the Tories prefers polished centre-rightists who are refined in their racism and corporate fascism. Look at Cameron and the early days of Theresa May.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
loathe as i am to say it boris has charisma which is not something you can say for gove who also looks sounds and acts like an alien

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jose posted:

loathe as i am to say it boris has charisma which is not something you can say for gove who also looks sounds and acts like an alien

johnson is safe so long as he's consistently above 35% imo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1321846404248084481

old tweet that should get some traction in light of recent events

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also I'm pretty disappointed with all of you who quit Labour instead of being expelled. Post better.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1321858476243562497?s=19

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1321818606099959808

on a more light-hearted note, i needed this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i much prefer this to corbyn going full bernie and going "i love kier now, austerity is good, vote"

so i'm more or less happy, masks off, battle lines drawn. good