Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Johnny Joestar posted:

someone should request to be renamed 'absolute vapourware shitshow'

mods please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Cactus posted:

I'd pretty much forgotten about this game until I went to prune my bookmarks list just now and yeah, I'm happy to carry on forgetting to wait for it because there are a zillion other good games I can get around to, but man, if I had been a backer that had put up cash just to get to that stretch goal I'd probably be past the disgruntled stage by now at the lack of any updates or timescales. A gif of some cartoon bug character and a small piece of a soundtrack just isn't going to cut it.

What an absolute vapourware shitshow.

Seriously? I'm not even like a huge huge fan of Hollow Knight, I think it's a pretty good game and all, so i'm not some fierce defender, But come on, this aint starbound

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't get it, bugs don't wear shoes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Team Cherry lied, Bugs died

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Shoehead posted:

Team Cherry lied, Bugs died

So says a “shoe” head. What kind of shoe?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the quality of the original hollow knight can only explained by their use of black magic, im happy to let them spend as much time resummoning baphomet as need be

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Phobophilia posted:

the quality of the original hollow knight can only explained by their use of black magic, im happy to let them spend as much time resummoning baphomet as need be

the fact that the art "team" was actually just one artist (and he didn't die of exhaustion) is evidence enough already that some kind of faustian pact has been made

Also on a more serious note, one thing that really excites me about Silksong is that not only is it More Hollow Knight, Hornet looks really fun to control and her acrobatic/stylistic skillset looks like it's going to be amazing for boss fights, especially duel style ones like Lace in the video.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Holy poo poo I finally made a thread title. My life is complete :allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SirSamVimes posted:

the fact that the art "team" was actually just one artist (and he didn't die of exhaustion) is evidence enough already that some kind of faustian pact has been made

Also on a more serious note, one thing that really excites me about Silksong is that not only is it More Hollow Knight, Hornet looks really fun to control and her acrobatic/stylistic skillset looks like it's going to be amazing for boss fights, especially duel style ones like Lace in the video.

Yeah I'm getting the feeling Silksong is gonna be the Mega man X to Hollow Knight's Mega Man.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I'm getting the feeling Silksong is gonna be the Mega man X to Hollow Knight's Mega Man.

I would love to hadoken the last boss. Whatever it will be.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Just more reading of tea leaves, but Hollow Knight's the free PS+ game this month. Wouldn't be surprised if they saw it as good promotion for the sequel which will definitely be out next month

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
That's actually a pretty good sign they might be getting closer to done

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So the game is likely not to be a vaporware shitshow? :monocle:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Silksong is coming out tomorrow.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Silk Song'em Forever

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

No Silksong in the Nitnendo Direct. Absolute Tupperware Titshow.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I’m having trouble in the Great Bell. Does anyone know where the last Puckerberry Pawn spawns? Really want the aerial sticky bombs so I can cheese my way to Belltop.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Use the cheese wheel to go behind the wall next to the spinny guy with the flute

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is there a way to get out of the dungeon without using the wizard key?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And make sure to stop by Mornington Crescent after you do that.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Is there a way to get out of the dungeon without using the wizard key?

The hell are you talking about?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

You're a lifesaver Pigbuster, I can't deal with these hardcore goons.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

Seriously. Could we chill with the spoilers? I've only just gotten past Thorn Reef.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
...Thorn Reef?

I thought I was in the last area but I haven't even seen Thorn Reef yet. I already have all the Puckerberry Pawns!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Arrhythmia posted:

Seriously. Could we chill with the spoilers? I've only just gotten past Thorn Reef.

Then you should be playing more, you gatdamn baka. This is the shitshoe spoiler thread!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Alxprit posted:

I don't get it, bugs don't wear shoes

It's the name of a new location in Silksong :ssh:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I’m replaying the first game and for a while I thought I might have gotten good or something because I was steamrolling all the bosses I remembered being really hard

Then I reached traitor lord and was enlightened

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Soricidus posted:

I’m replaying the first game and for a while I thought I might have gotten good or something because I was steamrolling all the bosses I remembered being really hard

Then I reached traitor lord and was enlightened

If you played the first game before the DLCs, they actually buffed the Traitor Lord. He used to have not as many moves or do double mask damage.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the 3rd romance option with the corpse beetle?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Foehammer posted:

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the 3rd romance option with the corpse beetle?

you have to bring it the ossified remains from shalepillar canyon, hidden behind a cracked wall in the southwest corner in that weird little nook that you need the superdash to get to

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Foehammer posted:

I'm on my fourth playthrough and I haven't been able to pick anyone but Quirrel every time. How could you possibly choose anyone else?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This topic change gave me a drat heart attack

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

This topic change gave me a drat heart attack

They're just joking, unfortunately. You still need to wait until tomorrow for the release.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I think they announced the game too soon, but maybe they didn't have a choice since they still owed backers hornet dlc. I guess they could have said "we are working on a full sequel instead which you'll get for free." It takes a long time to make games and I can't imagine they were very far in the process in February 2019.

I hope we get more news soon. This is probably my most anticipated game right now.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

is that not what they said

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

lets hang out posted:

is that not what they said

They also said a lot more and gave a title and trailer

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

il serpente cosmico posted:

I think they announced the game too soon, but maybe they didn't have a choice since they still owed backers hornet dlc. I guess they could have said "we are working on a full sequel instead which you'll get for free." It takes a long time to make games and I can't imagine they were very far in the process in February 2019.

I hope we get more news soon. This is probably my most anticipated game right now.

Good news: it's coming out tomorrow.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The original Kickstarter ran November-December 2014 with the game having started development some time before (I presume April 2014, around the time of Ludum Dare) and promised to ship June 2015. That was, obviously, a little optimistic in retrospect, since the game eventually shipped in February 2017, although it was playable in beta in September 2015. Development continued until August 2018 when Godhome was released.

I lay all this out to say that if they had their plan together and were effective at production (which, as a small team working on an established sequel with years of experience, is likely) it's not unreasonable to suggest that by February 2019 enough work had been done on Silksong to warrant announcing it, even if it were a ways off from release. A hypothetical August 2021 release would make for a development period of three years, assuming work began immediately after Godhome. If the scale is comparable, and past experience helps them, it's not unreasonable to think it might happen quicker. Or maybe they'll opt to spend the same amount of time to make something bigger.

All of which to say, by all means continue moderating expectations and practicing patience, because that's great and I wish more gamers would do that. But also by god I want it now drat those lazy devs--

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

il serpente cosmico posted:

They also said a lot more and gave a title and trailer

They've also given a gameplay video preview including a boss fight. It looks rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I forgot that only influencers got access to it early. Sorry for all the confusion.