Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Touching the PLTR poop at 10.90, thinking to hold through the election. Dems love that surveillance state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Well, basically wiped out the years gains shorting NQ

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TUP keeps going up wtf

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

#timestamp, calling this cup and handle pattern in TSLA.

Either it holds and I am a genius of technical analysis, or it doesn't and we quietly sweep it under the carpet of confirmation bias.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

My Gainz :negative:

Regulatory hold on sale until 02/21 :smith:

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Ola posted:

Either it holds and I am a genius of technical analysis, or it doesn't and we quietly sweep it under the carpet of confirmation bias.

This looks more like the classic "dude in chair jacking off" pattern to me, which means it will go flaccid about 1 minute from now.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Baddog posted:

This looks more like the classic "dude in chair jacking off" pattern to me, which means it will go flaccid about 1 minute from now.

*Dr Rorschach spits coffee*

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Can someone make the S&P go down for me? I have SPY puts I'd like to unload. Apparently 330 was not a hard ceiling.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

MomJeans420 posted:

Can someone make the S&P go down for me? I have SPY puts I'd like to unload. Apparently 330 was not a hard ceiling.

Just wait until after the close. AMZN and AAPL account for a large portion of the S&P, they both have earnings after close and they both have expectations riding on them which they can't deliver on.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

RIP. Let's hope the election is a nightmare.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Ola posted:

Just wait until after the close. AMZN and AAPL account for a large portion of the S&P, they both have earnings after close and they both have expectations riding on them which they can't deliver on.

They expire Nov 20 so I'm going full bag holder and if they don't drop by tomorrow I'll gamble that the S&P drops after the election. Although I'm still not sure how the market will react - if Biden wins, is that bad because corporate taxes may go up, or good because maybe we'll actually try do do something about the coronavirus? And more likely to have stimulus money for everyone if the dems sweep.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I think there's a very good chance the election isn't called until Thursday at the earliest. States aren't pre-counting mailed votes and I read that early votes have been estimated at like 75% Democrat.

The country is used to the election being called Tuesday evening or early Wednesday morning. I'm betting we to go bed on Tuesday with a Trump lead or 'too close to call' in a lot of the crucial states. Then Trump and Fox get to scream about shrinking leads or flipping states on Wednesday, and we possibly see state GOP or Supreme Court actions to stop the counts. That kind of national crisis and volatility would almost certainly tank the market.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

MomJeans420 posted:

They expire Nov 20 so I'm going full bag holder and if they don't drop by tomorrow I'll gamble that the S&P drops after the election. Although I'm still not sure how the market will react - if Biden wins, is that bad because corporate taxes may go up, or good because maybe we'll actually try do do something about the coronavirus? And more likely to have stimulus money for everyone if the dems sweep.

No idea about which political scenarios cause what, I think I stopped believing in real cause and effect sometime in April or May. There's a lot of dumb, levered money that will have to come out of the market, one way or another. The election can cause it or a bad earnings run, or a butterfly flapping its wings.

e: Not sure why Netflix couldn't reschedule, so that makes it FAAG earnings today.

Ola fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 29, 2020

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Feels we get more earnings beats today that hardly moves their stock because everyone in holding pattern until after election.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Ola posted:

I think I stopped believing in real cause and effect sometime in April or May

Good point

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I think there's a very good chance the election isn't called until Thursday at the earliest. States aren't pre-counting mailed votes and I read that early votes have been estimated at like 75% Democrat.

The country is used to the election being called Tuesday evening or early Wednesday morning. I'm betting we to go bed on Tuesday with a Trump lead or 'too close to call' in a lot of the crucial states. Then Trump and Fox get to scream about shrinking leads or flipping states on Wednesday, and we possibly see state GOP or Supreme Court actions to stop the counts. That kind of national crisis and volatility would almost certainly tank the market.

This is about how I see it happening too, unfortunately.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
1/15/2021 SPY puts at $300, here we goooo

(I hope that we don't all die of civil war and that people lose their jobs and homes and health care, but, you know... options are fun)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Ola posted:

:sweep:

GOOG is first up I think. First to report that is.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Betting good earnings but lowered revenue guidance and stock price drops like MSFT earlier but probably not as great a drop for AAPL.

I dont have any gambling on it but I'm long AAPL, GOOG, and AMZN.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
/NQ trading up and down 1% 3 times in a little over 20 minutes seems like the sign of a healthy market imo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
My goodness AAPL. hope I can buy tomorrow at this price.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

My goodness AAPL. hope I can buy tomorrow at this price.

Why not just put in an extended market time order?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Today I got some CCL @ 12.5, AMD @ 77.9, and AAPL @ 109.9 (just now), $10k each.

Now if you excuse me I will gtfo and absolutely not look at stocks for the next 2+ months.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

AAPL getting absolutely slamdaddy dunked on after hours.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Hahahaha god damnit, my monies!

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Ooof gently caress on AAPL.

Etrade just sent me an unsolicited guide to futures trading. "Hey buddy, we noticed you have been a lot more degenerate this year. Maybe you might be interested in this stuff too??"

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
AAPL getting slammed far more than I think is reasonable. Will buy some tomorrow morning. I dont think its great that they're not providing guidance but that isn't going to stop them from selling product.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Today I sold AAPL $120 covered calls expecting this to happen.

Watch it moon tomorrow and my shares get called away. You're welcome.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Feeling good about SPY puts right now. AAPL and MSFT not providing Q4 guidance gives the game away, don't you think?

COVID is about to get far worse than the first round. Once the election is over, states will feel free to admit the gravity of the situation.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

UnfurledSails posted:

Now if you excuse me I will gtfo and absolutely not look at stocks for the next 2+ months.

Me, except 2+ years.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Is this like last earnings or whatever where lowered guidance/no guidance was bullish or are we getting December 2018?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

If I submitted a GTC order on TOS to close out my puts while the market was open, then after hours submitted a request to cancel that order and replace it with a new (higher priced) order, is there any chance that first order is filled tomorrow morning before the cancellation goes through? This seems like some basic question I should know, but I've never actually run into this before. I should clarify when I submitted the order I put the price around 20% higher than the current price, just so I don't have to monitor things too closely in the morning.

My "poo poo I'm going to lose 20%" puts turned into "poo poo I may not capture all the upside" puts, so I got greedy. I probably won't be awake and in front of the computer when the market opens so I just submitted the GTC order today on the chance that SPY dropped a lot after hours.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Nah it's cancelled immediately, should show up in canceled orders

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

My first one shows up as WORKING still and the replacement is WAIT TRG. I'm assuming you are correct though and only my latest order will be executed, but I guess I'll find out in the morning. I may actually have to get up at 6am just to see what happens in real time.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
oh uh actually i think you're right then. it might have something to do with margin maintenance.

e: that doesn't make sense either, since you said they're puts. I've only replaced gtc stock orders overnight, and that works immediately, so it must be something with options that prevent it.

the only gtc option orders I've made are to catch the rare occasion where the book gets wiped out

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 30, 2020

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Somehow it changed from WORKING to CANCELED hours later, problem solved

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

UnfurledSails posted:

Today I got some CCL @ 12.5, AMD @ 77.9, and AAPL @ 109.9 (just now), $10k each.

A $30,000 buy and ignore? I can dig it.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Fisker is starting tasting tomorrow. https://faisamtrader.com/electric-car-maker-fisker-shares-to-start-trading-on-nyse-friday/

Knowing their luck, that's when the bubble pops.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Futures waterfalling, -1.48%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Make that -2.1%

Holy poo poo my UVXY calls tomorrow are gonna be juicy if this sustains. Like, possible life-changing amounts of money. I'm even considering holding past that in case we hit a limit down on Monday cash session or even Sunday night overnight.