Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

That's either a relatively small giant or a pretty beefy lobster, and I can't tell which it is.

I think it's our old buddy Homarid Shaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This extended art poo poo with the lame gradient to black looks so bad. Just do full frame already. :barf:
I think its hilarious that they crop the art when making these "full art" cards. So, you get less of the picture, but it's slightly larger? What a premium product.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This extended art poo poo with the lame gradient to black looks so bad. Just do full frame already. :barf:

They get to double dip by differentiating between extended art and full art though. :homebrew:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Retromancer posted:

Also lolling at people who paid $100+ for three visits in order to squeeze .01 EV out of a green commander deck only to see them reprint it at uncommon.

They've still got the P3K version and thus are better than you, that's where the EV is.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Help me jog my memory. Isn't there a red giant or something that can turn creatures into equipment and swing them? My scryfall searches are coming up blank.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
its an enchantment called Bludgeon Brawl

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

its an enchantment called Bludgeon Brawl

That's the one. Thanks!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

It's a great reprint but the stretched art cards suck poo poo.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dysgenesis posted:

It's a great reprint but the stretched art cards suck poo poo.

Imagine if they did and entire set that was textless art. A real "masters" set as you might say. I would imagine a set like that would print money even with a card list that was pretty medium.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Those maniacs.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Cactrot posted:

Those maniacs.

That is going to be a million dollars isn't it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sickening posted:

That is going to be a million dollars isn't it.

It'll be banned before the end of the year.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Yeah I can't imagine that card remaining allowed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cactrot posted:

Those maniacs.

goodbye any commander with more than 2 colors

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

TheKingofSprings posted:

goodbye any commander with more than 2 colors

hybrid though

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So do you somehow fetch this?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

It sure makes Trinket Mage much better, yes!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New lotus :o

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

lmao what if we made black lotus but for edh? sounds great, ship it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What would be the most busted commander to rush out with that?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Leperflesh posted:

I feel like even without tutoring for it, it's still almost an auto include if you have one.

Edit: :laffo:

https://twitter.com/mtgcommander/status/1321933001819889664

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 29, 2020

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If I still played Commander I'd be playing Azami, Lady of Scrolls control all day long with that.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

turn 1 lotus, cast lurrus from command zone, lotus out of the yard

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

It's a stupid loving moneygrab (a Mythic every deck plays, really?) and will make gameplay actively worse so good job WotC I guess. I was wondering when they'd finally spoil a card that breaks the format in half.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

fadam posted:

Swamp, Mana Crypt, Acquisition Agent, play new lotus, play Maralen from the command zone. No opponent on the table can draw or search their library.

Or just Mountain, Mana Crypt, New Lotus, Play Godo, fetch helm of the host, win the game.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cactrot posted:

I feel like even without tutoring for it, it's still almost an auto include if you have one.

Edit: :laffo:

https://twitter.com/mtgcommander/status/1321933001819889664

I am glad they're fine with even more fast mana variance than before!

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

fadam posted:

all of them

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
shoulda just gone for broke, reprinted regular lotus, and let the fallout destroy the entire secondary market/internet

cowards

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Unban black lotus and the moxen because apparently commander os immune from fast mana ruining games* like it does everyother format.

*it is not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I dont play commander but surely nothing bad can happen from making a lotus that accelerates out the card the whole format is named after

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Sol Ring, Crypt and Vault are all ostensibly fine in commander so there's no reason Lotus shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure price is the only reason it's banned.

(Moxen being banned is slightly more legit in that decks with more colours have access to more of them, but only slightly.)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

I dont play commander but surely nothing bad can happen from making a lotus that accelerates out the card the whole format is named after

*Cards! Because the set also prints like 30 new partners and having nine cards in hand is better than having eight cards.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jabor posted:

Sol Ring, Crypt and Vault are all ostensibly fine in commander so there's no reason Lotus shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure price is the only reason it's banned.

Lotus adds colored mana.

That's a big deal.

Don't even have to specify which lotus now lmao

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

*Cards! Because the set also prints like 30 new partners and having nine cards in hand is better than having eight cards.

Plus you can easily double or triple the colours you have access to!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Lotus adds colored mana.

That's a big deal.

Don't even have to specify which lotus now lmao

Gavin compared it to Dark Ritual on Twitter, loving lol

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Commander is Magic the Gatherings hottest format. Pick your commander and choose from nearly every card in Magic history to fill out the 10 spots in your deck that aren’t auto-includes.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

LeafHouse posted:

Commander is Magic the Gatherings hottest format. Pick your commander and choose from nearly every card in Magic history to fill out the 10 spots in your deck that aren’t auto-includes.

leperfish am I allowed to emptyquote

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Cactrot posted:

Those maniacs.

Welcome to ‘Mana Crypt’ territory

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Emptyquoting is one of the foundations that this site is built on. Also,

LeafHouse posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ehhh

technically all low-content posts, including emptyquotes, are against the sitewide rules, which are excepted in specific subs like FYAD and maybe others (BYOB? YOSPOS? gently caress if I know).

That said, I don't really give a poo poo if the occasional emptyquote happens. If it turns into a flood or derails threads or someone's only contributions seem to be contentless, that crosses a line.

So emptyquote/low-content post at your own risk, with the knowledge that I'm not inclined to be a relentless hardass about it, but you could totally cop a sixer if you make a bad habit of it.