Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

thespaceinvader posted:

Seems apt given how it's literally being smug about the left eating itself.
It's Salome with John the Baptist's head, with Starmer as Salome and Corbyn as John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
So on a completely different topic, is this Movember thing any good? Yay or nay?

Haven't done it before and it seems like a potentially fun thing, so I fully expect they are all literally nazis or some poo poo

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

jaete posted:

So on a completely different topic, is this Movember thing any good? Yay or nay?

Haven't done it before and it seems like a potentially fun thing, so I fully expect they are all literally nazis or some poo poo

It's fine if you wanna do it. Raising money for prostate cancer research is admirable.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Dunno how representative this is but the general chat group on Facebook for my town (which went Tory last year) is pretty universally calling the EHRC report an obvious stitch up.

Of... who exactly?

The report itself isn't much of anything, the recommendations are pretty bland and not particularly bad for Labour at all.

Or do they mean the establishment response?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
people still doing that? last time i heard about it was a couple years back. seemed like good fun then, though i'd never do it myself. can't stand my scratchy neckbeard

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

101 posted:

Does anyone remember an episode of either Off The Fence or we don't talk about the weather that was just a deep dive into all the awful poo poo Boris has done and said throughout his career?

Trying to find it
Heh, I was planning on downloading it to listen on the night shift. I think its episode 94, but if it isn't it's definitely around that period.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

My grim silver lining if this poo poo is that (in my mind at least) it speeds the disintegration of the UK and perhaps prompts a successful border poll over here.

Not much help to anyone in England unfortunately, although it's not like being shot of us would be a hindrance.

Eh if were going to down to that level then you could make a case things would only get worse as the fash get power of a smaller and smaller population. Like at the moment the Tories have to control an entire nation (Scotland) that hates them and wants to be rid of them as soon as possible. The non-compliance and threat may mediate them somewhat. Or it may not, I don't know. I really don't see how others fleeing in the escape pods could ever be a benefit for the average english or welsh pleb. But that's not anyone elses problem when it comes down to it.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

That was before the suspension mind you. They're having a Stand With Corbyn rally tomorrow at 7, and sound suitably militant. We'll see.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

It's fine if you wanna do it. Raising money for prostate cancer research is admirable.

Of... who exactly?

The report itself isn't much of anything, the recommendations are pretty bland and not particularly bad for Labour at all.

Or do they mean the establishment response?

Isn't the establishment of an independent complaints handling mechanism going to kill the sovereignty of Labour as an organisation?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

notaspy posted:

Isn't the establishment of an independent complaints handling mechanism going to kill the sovereignty of Labour as an organisation?

All they need to do is find somebody totally impartial who has no political opinions whatsoever.

Then throw that person away because obviously Starmer will install someone favourable to his faction as head of the "independent" complaints body.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

Eh if were going to down to that level then you could make a case things would only get worse as the fash get power of a smaller and smaller population. Like at the moment the Tories have to control an entire nation (Scotland) that hates them and wants to be rid of them as soon as possible. The non-compliance and threat may mediate them somewhat. Or it may not, I don't know. I really don't see how others fleeing in the escape pods could ever be a benefit for the average english or welsh pleb. But that's not anyone elses problem when it comes down to it.

This, basically. Scotland, Wales and NI leaving dooms those of us in England more but at this point I can't blame you lot. Save yourselves its too late for us etc.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1321938638737911808?s=20

The bourgeois aren't human

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
drat, even by the mails standards that's a pretty full on headline. And... Broke the law? What?

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
How do I vote for the clathrate gun

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

The Perfect Element posted:

drat, even by the mails standards that's a pretty full on headline. And... Broke the law? What?

The Equalities Act 2010.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

What I don't understand is how the mail can spout poo poo like that with a straight face without being sued to death for libel, while everyone jumps down Corbyn's throat whenever he doesn't sound apologetic enough.

I mean, I do understand, I just can't get used to it. Lol, what a poor excuse of a country.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Perhaps a hamster posted:

What I don't understand is how the mail can spout poo poo like that with a straight face without being sued to death for libel, while everyone jumps down Corbyn's throat whenever he doesn't sound apologetic enough.

I mean, I do understand, I just can't get used to it. Lol, what a poor excuse of a country.

You do understand. Let it crack/ping you, and lead you to radicalisation rather than despair

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Barry Foster posted:

"The mask of humanity fall from capital. It has to take it off to kill everyone - everything you love; all the hope and tenderness in the world. It has to take it off; just for one second. To do the deed. And then you see it. As it strangles and beats your friends to death...the sweetest, most courageous people in the world," he's silent for a second. "You see the fear and power in its eyes. Then you know."

"Know what?"

"That the bourgeois are not human."'

Not empty quoting.

The Corbyn thing doesn't actually change anything, it's spiteful yes but no more spiteful than what these people do to vulnerable and disabled people every single day. We know what the Labour right are, this hasn't changed anything it's just a surprising little extra frisson of cuntishness from people we already knew were cunts.

Stay in Labour, it's more useful than quitting, if it Feels Bad well yeah no poo poo you're trying to be a decent person in a hellscape sometimes it won't feel good doesn't mean you get to give up.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

notaspy posted:

as if it's not already dead

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This somehow made me angrier than anything else today. The loving celebration of it all - they really do think they're in the right here don't they?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ah yes, the Vile Cabal. Sounds a bit like some kind of antisemitic trope to me

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Perhaps a hamster posted:

If a newspaper lies, they just print a correction later. On page 94. In 3 point text. Behind an advert.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

stev posted:

This somehow made me angrier than anything else today. The loving celebration of it all - they really do think they're in the right here don't they?

Same. I'm so angry I don't know what to do with myself

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

They're not human. They're not loving human, the bourgeois. They want Normality and Respectability and Britane

and they will not tolerate us for much longer

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

stev posted:

No, they just don't give a poo poo. This is why you can't reason with right wingers, they revel in their hatred and will say literally anything if it advances their aims.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

stev posted:

Having met people who write for these papers - maybe? Like some of them might be true believers but the writers I've met for the mail and the sun are smart - smarter than the telegraph and times ones. They're just aware they're writing to a very specific audience, and someone who had moved from telegraph to the mail said the mail was much, much harder because they really have to 'write down' to their audience. I don't know that [m]any of them actually believe what they write.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So after the Nave Andromeda left Southampton last night having dealt with its own case of stowaways, a vehicle carrier about 200 yards away from it had a group of stowaways in a truck

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-54729770

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Red Oktober posted:

Having met people who write for these papers - maybe? Like some of them might be true believers but the writers I've met for the mail and the sun are smart - smarter than the telegraph and times ones. They're just aware they're writing to a very specific audience, and someone who had moved from telegraph to the mail said the mail was much, much harder because they really have to 'write down' to their audience. I don't know that [m]any of them actually believe what they write.

Maybe if these cunts actually joined a good loving union then they wouldn't have to write fascist propaganda 7 days a week.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Red Oktober posted:

That somehow makes it worse. :(

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Prince John posted:

Oh it's 100% worse.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Prince John posted:

Much, much worse.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Andrew Feinstein incredibly not happy
https://twitter.com/andrewfeinstein/status/1321947527587995648

Or Facebook if you're not doing Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/RedLabour2016/posts/1343149672688474

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Firos posted:

Maybe if these cunts actually joined a good loving union then they wouldn't have to write fascist propaganda 7 days a week.

It is entirely possible they believe that it is entirely good for them to do that even if they don't personally believe the specifics. Right wingers do not need to believe they are like their followers, that's the point of authoritarianism, the leaders get to make the decisions and do whatever is needed to command the followers, they are not subject to the same rules.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
https://twitter.com/jamie_windust/status/1321904286448668672

https://twitter.com/benjaminbutter/status/1321915852317446145

yikes

love to be an "issue"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

careful mate

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just the “trans issue"?

Countdown until it's extended to cover the “gay issue" and the “bi issue".

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Graun sacked Steve Bell over that one.

they already did over the netenyahu one, he just hasnt left yet

e:

this one for reference

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 30, 2020

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

careful mate

down with this sort of thing!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barry Foster posted:

I've settled on a large whiskey.

It's really, really hard not to fall onto despair, especially when everyone around you is happily eating this poo poo up.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a racist poet every mediocre Tory who fancies themselves an aesthete loving loves, so maybe go for the whiskey instead, my son!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

stev posted:

I've settled on a large whiskey.

It's really, really hard not to fall onto despair, especially when everyone around you is happily eating this poo poo up.

It's a case of skimming along the despair line, not dipping too far below but also realising that it's gonna happen eventually and that actual hope is for liberals, right-wingers and morons

I think it's, like, existentialism or something