Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
And good shawarma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

And good shawarma

yeah same

a lot of my friends are still there and surviving off remote work or non-oil and gas work but probably half of them have moved away like I did

hell one is in halifax, he was able to find a better paying job there of all places

i have roots there and in the central interior bc but had to accept that moving back is never gonna happen

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Calgary was a decent place for my wife and I to live until last month for a couple years. Its prettier than any Alberta city deserves to be, the river being right through the city is nice, the people are generally friendly outside the suburbs, property/rent is cheap and the ice cream options are better than anywhere else in Canada.

But lmao at the idea of sticking around. Alberta is totally hosed and Calgary is poised to feel it worse than anywhere else.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

At least Edmonton had a Gundam battle

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/751509966062755840

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

We also got a Tom Clancy treatment in End War.

"EDMONTON A volley of Tomahawk missiles fired from a U.S. submarine in the Arctic slam into the High Level Bridge, sending it crashing to the river below in three massive chunks."

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
i missed the discussion on it but i just wanna say locke st. was a false flag

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The popular video game "Stellaris" has Alberta wiped off the map by a meteor when you play The United Nations of Earth in the game. I'd like to think that it contributed heavily towards the Star Trek Federation direction the empire takes.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Entorwellian posted:

The popular video game "Stellaris" has Alberta wiped off the map by a meteor when you play The United Nations of Earth in the game. I'd like to think that it contributed heavily towards the Star Trek Federation direction the empire takes.

Wouldn't a meteor hitting Alberta ignite all the oil sands they hosed up and cause a climate change cascade

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fried Watermelon posted:

Wouldn't a meteor hitting Alberta ignite all the oil sands they hosed up and cause a climate change cascade

No, they're not flammable enough for that. It just looks like horrible-smelling mud.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
"fuel so potent it'll quench a meteor"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Toronto mayor declares October 31st "John Candy Day" :canada:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

rip manitoba

480 today

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fried Watermelon posted:

rip manitoba

480 today

Trying to find the official lists of the orange and red zone restrictions right now.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Trying to find the official lists of the orange and red zone restrictions right now.

https://news.gov.mb.ca/asset_library/en/newslinks/2020/10/BG-Nov_2_PRS_Changes-HL.pdf

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

thanks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Im wondering how many trick or treaters come to ring the doorbell of my darkened porch tomorrow as we have a few hard core denialists still around.

Although my area skews older so even last year a lot of the houses were dark.

Will probably do a modified version of an easter egg hunt in the backyard for my kids this year.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Halloween is on around here, but we've got pretty strict measures at the border and few cases so I feel fine about it. Everyone is wearing gloves right now anyway.

Might leave a bowl out or something anyway instead of handing stuff out.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

odiv posted:

Might leave a bowl out or something anyway instead of handing stuff out.

Well, at least that one kid will get some candy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sassafras posted:

Well, at least that one kid will get some candy.

I did the "bowl of stuff" several years running because I have evening committments and 100% of the time there was still candy in it when I got home.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Another Bill posted:

Honestly I could see Calgary becoming a symbol of the end of fossil fuels the same way Detroit became a symbol of white flight.

It'll be Ft. Mac first.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

priznat posted:

Will probably do a modified version of an easter egg hunt in the backyard for my kids this year.
I accidentally created the Giant Pumpkin Man and Giant Pumpkin Lady, who drive around in their magic car and hide treats. Normally they give candy to all the houses to give out but this year for safety they're hiding it around the house. They got this idea from their friend the Easter Bunny.

I really hope my daughter hasn't talked about this at school or I'm hosed.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1322239788959830016?s=19

Gatherings...like schools and retail open?

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1322239324398780417?s=19

...like...it could if you didn't spend the last half decade dismantling it.

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1322232410155683840?s=19

Oh. Well good then. Thanks for remind me I'm sure the rest of Winnipeg will get right on that.

CRACK MOTHERFUCKING PING IM DONE

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

One last weekend to hit the bars!

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Flyover provinces are now just simply good health practice

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
This won't be forever, says man with no plan or ability to end this

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/KyleBraid/status/1322307121216585728

:owned:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does anyone have that picture of some politician holding up a paper with a math formula on it for proportional representation to explain why its too difficult yo implement?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Kly posted:

does anyone have that picture of some politician holding up a paper with a math formula on it for proportional representation to explain why its too difficult yo implement?

the search term you want is "maryam monsef equation"

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

thanks

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://twitter.com/brendanpgraber/status/1322765519217328129?s=21

BC appears to be trying to play catch-up to Manitoba

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just wait until Christmas :unsmigghh:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just wait until Christmas :unsmigghh:

"Sorry gram-gram, I know I made your lungs implode but we just can't lose the spirit of Christmas, you know?"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I usually visit family in Toronto for Christmas and on balance I think I will not be doing that this year.

I will send a fruit basket.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

angerbeet posted:

I usually visit family in Toronto for Christmas and on balance I think I will not be doing that this year.

I will send a fruit basket.

I usually drive to Washington state to spend Christmas with family and this year I'm just going to stay at home with my stupid gay partner who hates Christmas and make him eat turkey, wear comfy sweaters, and buy me a present.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

rip manitoba

480 today

nah its fine open er up!!! hows the internet access up in Thompson?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
ive heard the canadian forces are rife with issues but lol what

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1286000900671184896

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

I know 2 people in the Canadian military. The first one tried to introduce me to Jordan Peterson, the second one unironically uses the term lamestream media and recently told me that marxists are dismantling the west. A petri dish of brain worms.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I've only had one friend who joined the military and we didn't speak for a long time, the last thing I heard he works at an A&W and calls the women customers madam

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

xtal posted:

I've only had one friend who joined the military and we didn't speak for a long time, the last thing I heard he works at an A&W and calls the women customers madam

Coincidentally the guy I know with the marxist phobia collects top hats and calls me good sir. The army is crankin our true gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/CTVMarkVillani/status/1323250803092709377?s=19

Jeromy Fuckass

One fun thing about this guy is he did an AMA on the Calgary Reddit page and got run off of Reddit because nobody likes him