Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jose posted:

as not enough of you post in the gbs uk chat thread i'm bringing this in here because food chat is what the thread needs rn

I have never heard of this (and I've lived in a few bits of the UK) but it sounds p good

Edit: 321 is what happens when your squad counts down to firing your Mosin-Nagant into some booj who's up against The Wall

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Bolognese chips used to be a thing in Northern Ireland- I remember getting it in a chippy there. In fact chippies in Belfast used to have quite a broad range of stuff you could have on chips: curry, peas, gravy, chilli, cheese or mixtures of that lot. peas + gravy was ace.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

lol number of labour party resignations is so high the team can't handle it

You love to see it

mediaphage posted:

Lol a rt of this did make it onto my feed and I unfollowed the ‘historian’ who rt’d it.

Was it Tom Holland? It seems like a Tom Holland tweet.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Azza Bamboo posted:

Occasionally when I see some news about politics these days I check the UKMT to see what's going on because you tend to break it down well. Naturally, when Corbyn gets purged, I had a look over here to see what the gently caress is going on in Labour and a few people are asking where I am so they can give me a fair piece of their mind.

You're right, I was an idiot to think the lawyer guy would be any more moral than the filthiest right wing realpolitik. I regret my decision, and I've been nothing but a oval office for some time. I was completely broken by 2019 and rather than respond with the solidarity shown here, I've mostly checked out. I'm tired of having the same conversation with people who have everything morally right and nowhere to put it.

Also one poster did frequently hammer the point in that I completely misevaluated the threat of Covid at the start of this year and I want to mention I was wrong there, too.

I am everything you say I am: an idiot, a oval office, a lovely cartoonist.

There's nothing I can do to absolve myself but I just thought I'd let you know I'm not totally gone.

You're perfectly right to stay away, theres nothing but toxicity in this thread. People would only say good things about your cartoons instead of offering some sorely needed criticism which certainly does you no good helping you grow as a cartoonist. They only offer kind words to make themselves feel better. Similarly when you differ on some opinion either genuinely or through a lack of understanding they lash out at you, punching down to make themselves feel better through some misguided notion of "ideological purity".

You're much better off without this place and I hope you're still drawing :)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azza Bamboo posted:

Anyone can make mistakes. An idiot is someone who makes mistakes but doesn't know better, and a oval office is someone who does know better but insists their mistakes aren't mistakes. You're neither.

(You've got me on the lovely cartoonist bit though, sorry. :v: )

I'd also like to know how someone got the username Communist Thoughts and didn't know that self-criticism promoting personal development is a thing in certain schools of communist thought.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

I feel like 43000 is probably too many characters to fit into a ten thousand word short story, I'd suggest cutting at least ten thousand of the romance subplots :P

You'll take my pages of descriptions of the mechanics of Hutt sex from my cold, dead, clammy hands.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

I'm early modern era, but yes.

Be easy on yourself Jo

And the rest of you, even the ones with heinous crimes such as trusting a politician and learning to draw

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Borrovan posted:

Brought Quavers for my lunch today. They're... alright. No strong feelings either way.

Like Wotsits and Skips they've been lacking a certain something for years now, I suspect some kind of plutonium-based artificial flavour banned by barmy Brussels.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

fridge corn posted:

You're perfectly right to stay away, theres nothing but toxicity in this thread. People would only say good things about your cartoons instead of offering some sorely needed criticism which certainly does you no good helping you grow as a cartoonist. They only offer kind words to make themselves feel better. Similarly when you differ on some opinion either genuinely or through a lack of understanding they lash out at you, punching down to make themselves feel better through some misguided notion of "ideological purity".

fridge corn posted:

Lol y'all went straight for my throat when I said that poster sucked

not entirely sure what gimmick you're going for here but have you considered not posting, just like, not. maybe like, ever? that would be nice

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jose posted:

lol number of labour party resignations is so high the team can't handle it

I need to see the tweets desperately spinning this as actually being because they've had such a massive influx of new members

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jedit posted:

Anyone can make mistakes. An idiot is someone who makes mistakes but doesn't know better, and a oval office is someone who does know better but insists their mistakes aren't mistakes. You're neither.

(You've got me on the lovely cartoonist bit though, sorry. :v: )

I'd also like to know how someone got the username Communist Thoughts and didn't know that self-criticism promoting personal development is a thing in certain schools of communist thought.

The whole point of my name is a quote from disco elysium where an actual practicing communist laughs at the main character for thinking he is one.

One of your responses can be "but... I have communist thoughts in my head!"

E actually there's a fun joke about self criticism too where that same character is recounting the defeat of communism in that universe and all his friends die in a horrible bombing campaign and he breaks ranks and flees in terror, the first thing he does after calming down is write a self criticism of himself for running

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 30, 2020

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Azza Bamboo posted:

Occasionally when I see some news about politics these days I check the UKMT to see what's going on because you tend to break it down well. Naturally, when Corbyn gets purged, I had a look over here to see what the gently caress is going on in Labour and a few people are asking where I am so they can give me a fair piece of their mind.

You're right, I was an idiot to think the lawyer guy would be any more moral than the filthiest right wing realpolitik. I regret my decision, and I've been nothing but a oval office for some time. I was completely broken by 2019 and rather than respond with the solidarity shown here, I've mostly checked out. I'm tired of having the same conversation with people who have everything morally right and nowhere to put it.

Also one poster did frequently hammer the point in that I completely misevaluated the threat of Covid at the start of this year and I want to mention I was wrong there, too.

There's nothing I can do to absolve myself but I just thought I'd let you know I'm not totally gone.

I always enjoyed your cartoons and didn't think you were a oval office, I was sad to see how things unfolded. There was a lot of pain and hurt going around after the election. I mean I don't post much but I'd be pleased to see you posting again until I inevitably need to lock this thread and news in general out of my life again.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm not talking about growth here. What I mean by "checked out" and "I am a oval office" is that I've become that much despised "I don't do politics" figure. I'm totally broken, done, just going to try and make life work in ways that are actually available to me. I mainly come here just to understand the headlines I see because it's still curious sometimes, but I don't possess the bravery to actually fight any more.
None of us can fight alone, and recognizing that is important. A person is a person through other persons. Read Segal's Radical Happiness: Moments of Collective Joy or Biko's I Write What I Like for more on this.

That's why the people who believe that there's no such thing as society or that the individual is the natural unit of anything are always so miserable, even when they're loving things up.

feedmegin posted:

Edit: I too am Team Early Modern, Levellers were rad and it's the only time we were a Republic. Bring back the Commonwealth imo, though maybe with a bit less oppressing the Irish.
:hai:
The acceptable amount of oppressing would have been shooting all the Royalist Old English landlords and using their ashes to fertilize the fields in Leinster so that their former tenants may have remained there.

Also all of the King's descendants should have been exiled to Australia rather than mainland Europe, which as we had no idea where that was at the time could be accomplished by chucking them in the sea and claiming they were sent there.

I still maintain that if Freeborn John were around today he'd be the sort of colossal dickhead that tries to bring up the Magna Carta and fringed flags in legal disputes.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

There has been a lot of posts and I never read them all, someone may have already said

quote:

This is bad for Corbyn.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

Yes, you should aspire to make good posts like fridge corn does, such as

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Jose posted:

lol at this and all its helpful links

http://whydopeoplehatenewlabour.com/all

Is this what they mean when they talk about electability? Cow towing to bullshit daily mail and sun scare stories for a decade?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

The cops will likely make things much worse so probably not.

forkboy84 posted:

Unless someone is physically being threatened don't call the filth

while I was keeping an eye on him to make sure he didn't start trying to kick the door down the filth arrived, having been called by someone else

they had a bit of a chat and then the guy went on his way

Jose posted:

as not enough of you post in the gbs uk chat thread i'm bringing this in here because food chat is what the thread needs rn

I would 100% eat every single one of these

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dead Goon posted:

There has been a lot of posts and I never read them all, someone may have already said
It's currently looking Bad for Keir Starmer :getin:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So Tier 4 closes everything except one of worst transmission vectors, pissing off everyone while failing to do anything. Sounds about right!

Also I missed the Azza cartoons, and Fridge Corn can go gently caress himself.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

honestly who among us would not gently caress themselves if they were able to

e: i state for the public record I would gently caress myself 24/7 were it anatomically possible to do so

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Quinch posted:

Is this what they mean when they talk about electability? Cow towing to bullshit daily mail and sun scare stories for a decade?

No they mean “to defeat the tories we must first become the tories”

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Angepain posted:

not entirely sure what gimmick you're going for here but have you considered not posting, just like, not. maybe like, ever? that would be nice

What just because I think forums poster Azza Bamboo is annoying, attention-seeking, and a poo poo cartoonist I cant wish the best for them?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

Fridge Corn's gimmick is "oooh, there's no Pissflaps, UKMT have a vacancy for thread oval office" but without the dedication to Flaps 24/7 like the original.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

fridge corn posted:

attention-seeking

We all want a bit of attention sometimes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

With the anti-racists purged for racism labour is pulling ahead of the tories now finally lol

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I wish political parties were obliged by law to release their membership figures on a monthly basis, 'cos I'd love to see what's happened to Labour's since Starmer took over.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So Tier 4 closes everything except one of worst transmission vectors, pissing off everyone while failing to do anything. Sounds about right!

Maybe tier 5 will actually be a lockdown

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pistol_Pete posted:

I wish political parties were obliged by law to release their membership figures on a monthly basis, 'cos I'd love to see what's happened to Labour's since Starmer took over.

It'd be good to see it broken down as a number of people leaving and number of people joining instead of just the number of members at the sample interval. Only if I had to take a guess I'd say the number is probably not shifting, but in/out numbers may be larger than a steady hold would normally indicate.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Found the ideal TV schedule for November 11th. Might even get OwlFancier watching TV.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I spent the last seven hours banging nails into masonry so I am feeling much better and also I have a persistent tingling in the fingers of my left hand. I think this is probably more fun than six hours of shrek interspersed with footage of T34s running over germans but not by much.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

should have hired a paslode gun imo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given the state of the brickwork I think if I tried to use a nail gun it would have killed people on the other side of the wall about half the time.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Azza Bamboo posted:

We all want a bit of attention sometimes.

Yarp. And buddy it's fine to admit mistakes have been made, but it is vital that guilt is useful. Getting into disputes is not neccesarily wrong, and FWiW I think you are trying. That's more than a lot of people atm.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Needs to lay off the booze.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

What's the email address to cancel the Labour membership again? I cancelled my DD ages ago but on the basis of the email I just got I didn't cancel my membership.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

Fridge Corn's gimmick is "oooh, there's no Pissflaps, UKMT have a vacancy for thread oval office" but without the dedication to Flaps 24/7 like the original.

pissflaps was a real workhorse oval office, the kind of animal that could :justpost: this new kid just dosen't have the IT factor to be a proper oval office.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sassassin posted:

Needs to lay off the wet eggs.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

What's the email address to cancel the Labour membership again? I cancelled my DD ages ago but on the basis of the email I just got I didn't cancel my membership.

it just takes them a while, i finally got a letter going "oh you've quit. could you send us more money? if not bye"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
One thing that I've noticed is party leaders always just look completely hosed after a few weeks in post. Bojo turned to warmed up dogshit particularly quickly, but Starmer has got this miserable puffy gammon face to him that he didn't have before.... both May and Cameron ended looking much the worse for wear too. Corbyn managed to escape that.