Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Is the multiplayer in watch dogs good at least? Can you sneak into other peoples games like the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Crafty posted:

Is the multiplayer in watch dogs good at least? Can you sneak into other peoples games like the original

I have not seen this part yet - will probably play with that disabled since I don't want random people interrupting my efforts to mindlessly farm whatever

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Pretty sure multiplayer is 'coming soon'

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RIP Gears Pop 2020-2021 :(

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus. I was actually looking forward to this after playing through WD2 earlier this year. Sounds bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know Im a bad person but Id probably be stumbling into Rare's offices with a megaphone blaring "its monster hunter now" at the entire confused everwild dev team

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Barudak posted:

I know Im a bad person but Id probably be stumbling into Rare's offices with a megaphone blaring "its monster hunter now" at the entire confused everwild dev team

Nah that sounds good to me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Happy Hedonist posted:

Jesus. I was actually looking forward to this after playing through WD2 earlier this year. Sounds bad.

Is a "Dumb" wd2 so if you finished wd2 and want more hacking puzzles with drones - is exactly that but don't pay full price

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tei posted:

Anyway I have sink dollars on this thing so I a going to explore every corner and get every piece of enjoyement from it - But jesus - this game has like no love put on it - is the equivalent of some fast food that is still frozen in the center when you try to eat it

Played for 3 hours that finished with the game crashing

Maybe less to do with love, more to do with plumes of death

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

At least on PC the multiplayer option is greyed out and flagged as "coming December 2020".

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Watch Dogs Legion seems fine. I can't imagine having a strong opinion either way about it. The "every character is playable" thing is neat but I think I will just end up having a stable of a handful of people and then stop recruiting more. It's fine.

univbee posted:

At least on PC the multiplayer option is greyed out and flagged as "coming December 2020".

It's the same on Xbox.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Actual Series X captured Watch Dogs Legion footage from Ubisoft, showing off ray tracing etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8jG12fSCQ

Looks real good. Shame the game doesn't sound that interesting to play. Hopefully be less crashy by Series X launch.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The words 'consistent 30fps' really should not be considered wow-inducing by PR departments in 2020.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

WD2 had some cool ideas that got smothered by boring design and low difficulty that puts no pressure on you to engage with the gameplay. Sounds like Legion is similar, that's a bummer. Being able to recruit a wide variety of characters could've been a really cool hook in the right hands. If switching characters had a more meaningful impact on the game then it could've been something like an open world Hitman.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thom12255 posted:

The words 'consistent 30fps' really should not be considered wow-inducing by PR departments in 2020.

They probably shouldn't have said that out loud a minute before talking about the raytracing etc.

I must say, these open world walk around games just look so good these days. The Spider-Man one on PS5 looks similarly excellent from that POV. Looking forward to what comes out when the tech has really had time to mature.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

acksplode posted:

WD2 had some cool ideas that got smothered by boring design and low difficulty that puts no pressure on you to engage with the gameplay. Sounds like Legion is similar, that's a bummer. Being able to recruit a wide variety of characters could've been a really cool hook in the right hands. If switching characters had a more meaningful impact on the game then it could've been something like an open world Hitman.

The idea sounds too bold and interesting for an assembly line Ubisoft sequel to do it justice.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

They probably shouldn't have said that out loud a minute before talking about the raytracing etc.

I must say, these open world walk around games just look so good these days. The Spider-Man one on PS5 looks similarly excellent from that POV. Looking forward to what comes out when the tech has really had time to mature.

Ubi 3rd person games are weird (this passing gen), because they can be breathtaking in one moment, and almost hideous the next.

I specify 3rd person, because the Far Cry games are gorgeous.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rinkles posted:

The idea sounds too bold and interesting for an assembly line Ubisoft sequel to do it justice.

Kinda reminded me of that one Driver game that was way better than it should have been. Thought maybe there was a chance.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Figures that ubisoft would be the one to figure out how to make a MGS fulton solidier system into a bad thing.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

Perfect, should be bargain bin by then

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh so when Rockstar does it its ok!??

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.engadget.com/ps5-backward-compatibility-ubisoft-assassins-creed-syndicate-184754883.html

quote:

Sony has been promising for a while that 99 percent of PlayStation 4 games will be backward compatible on PS5. It recently released a list of just a few titles that won't make the cut. However, Ubisoft says PlayStation 5 won't support some of its games either.

In a blog post laying out how cross-play and cross-progression work on Ubisoft Connect, the publisher revealed some Assassin's Creed titles and other games won't work on PlayStation 5. The console won't be able to run Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia, Risk, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Werewolves Within and Space Junkies.

Microsoft confirmed this week that every non-Kinect title that works on Xbox One will run on Xbox Series X and Series S when those consoles arrive.

:confused:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If Microsoft wants to win me back, they need to make a new Project Gotham Racing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

If Microsoft wants to win me back, they need to make a new Project Gotham Racing.

They did it's called Forza Horizon

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

I said come in! posted:

i'm not a big fan of racing games but i really loved PGR. lots of great memories playing this with my brother and later we'd be in a real car and joking about how many kudos we just got on that turn

TheScott2K posted:

does it have kudos i mainly care about the kudos

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

butt dickus posted:

i'm not a big fan of racing games but i really loved PGR. lots of great memories playing this with my brother and later we'd be in a real car and joking about how many kudos we just got on that turn

does it have kudos i mainly care about the kudos

In a sense, yes. Keep that drift going and you'll rack up points. It rules.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
one of my favorite kudos challenge races was (i think) the san francisco stage because you could string a combo together the entire race and get a ludicrous score. looks like i will be getting forza when my xbox comes in

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

No, PGR's whole thing is that it takes place in just real world cities and it's not open world. It's a totally different game.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Why is it called Gotham Racing then? :smug:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ubisoft decided to change the name of their online platform and how the rewards system works, but only updating it for very recent and upcoming titles. the rest are being left to rot, so odds are the games will work on the consoles same as pc but all the extras will be given out (and presumably the mtx shops stopped)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

ubisoft decided to change the name of their online platform and how the rewards system works, but only updating it for very recent and upcoming titles. the rest are being left to rot, so odds are the games will work on the consoles same as pc but all the extras will be given out (and presumably the mtx shops stopped)

no, they specifically call out those games as ones that won't be playable on ps5 on this blog post: https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-US/news/ignt.23726

quote:

* on Xbox Series X|S, all our Xbox One games will be backward compatible. On PlayStation®5, all games will be backward compatible except the following ones: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia, Risk, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Werewolves Within, Space Junkies.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So far the hacking is exactly like older games. If you want more of the same you might like it.

Example of the low effort though - no one is in the moving cars. You just hijack them and nothing happens.

There are plenty of people in the cars. the cars with the ((A)) marker are empty, and the ones without have a driver.

There is a lot of effort in the world of the game, but I am not sure they understood the hacking gameplay fun from previous games. The "call police/call gangster feature" that was fun in WD2 isn't there for example.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sound like they probably crash and dont want to be responsible for them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh poo poo now it's Microsoft's fault for having more dev-friendly backwards compatibility.

https://twitter.com/swaqrob/status/1322247040475320321

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's just good business strategy to make sure games from 2015 work on the console where they're the only games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Sound like they probably crash and dont want to be responsible for them

Are you describing Watch Dogs 3?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Oh poo poo now it's Microsoft's fault for having more dev-friendly backwards compatibility.

https://twitter.com/swaqrob/status/1322247040475320321

Whos that? Seems dumb

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Microsoft signed an exclusive deal for Assassin's Creed Chronicles India and they're playing hardball with Sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get ready for the 70 dollar ps5 rear end creed syndicate remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Hopefully Sony can fix whatever is causing problems in those Ubisoft games, and hopefully other publishers and developers go through their games and let players know ahead of time.

It's just so weird that this list didn't come from Sony. I wonder if these games boot but are significantly impaired. Sony's continued weirdness about BC continues to baffle me.