Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Hey there. I'm a CCC. I can help you with the SRB stuff, but I just saw this before bed. If you have PMs send me one with your ADSD and EAOS. If you don't have PMs just post it here. I'll get back to you tomorrow and tell you what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dustynuts is good people

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I found out that my command gave me a copy of a copy of my DD214 and when I called to try and get my original copy the PSC I was talking to, when I told him who I was, literally told me to gently caress off and hung up on me. Is there anything I can do to get my DD214 or report old buddy?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Anita Dickinme posted:

So I found out that my command gave me a copy of a copy of my DD214 and when I called to try and get my original copy the PSC I was talking to, when I told him who I was, literally told me to gently caress off and hung up on me. Is there anything I can do to get my DD214 or report old buddy?

Call the CO, failing that call the IG.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Anita Dickinme posted:

Lesson learned: the "you're cool" in your "gently caress you I quit" speeches are for personnel/HR

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
FCC quota is 56% lol.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

FCC quota is 56% lol.

I guess I should have stayed in.

[sarcastic Peabody snicker]

On the other hand, holy poo poo I'd be at 15 years right now.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I guess I should have stayed in.

[sarcastic Peabody snicker]

On the other hand, holy poo poo I'd be at 15 years right now.

Likely with your third marriage falling apart

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Grip it and rip it posted:

Likely with your third marriage falling apart

Hey, listen, the FC community is a very respectable place. It'd be second, tops.

Al Capwn
Nov 18, 2004
Another noob question here: Can anyone explain my LES? I have no idea what's going on lol. I'm an E-5 and I recently just moved into a house in Yokosuka. Basically in Octber 14th got paid about $5k 1 check, and $12k the other check just a few days ago .. Umm, is this right or was I grossly overpaid? I had signed my housing paperwork in mid-late September so October 1st and 14th is when I received OHA and MIHA. So is my debt paid off? I'm so confused.

I'm also in ROM right now so I don't have access to the ship's Personnel office, but I will go to them and ask them what's going on, but just would like some clarification so I have some understanding when they explain it to me.

Al Capwn fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 16, 2020

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

FCC quota is 56% lol.

Active. On the dark side, "what's a community manager" sez the Reserve FCs.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Al Capwn posted:

Another noob question here: Can anyone explain my LES? I have no idea what's going on lol. I'm an E-5 and I recently just moved into a house in Yokosuka. Basically in Octber 14th got paid about $5k 1 check, and $12k the other check just a few days ago .. Umm, is this right or was I grossly overpaid? I had signed my housing paperwork in mid-late September so October 1st and 14th is when I received OHA and MIHA. So is my debt paid off? I'm so confused.

I'm also in ROM right now so I don't have access to the ship's Personnel office, but I will go to them and ask them what's going on, but just would like some clarification so I have some understanding when they explain it to me.

This happened to like 8 of us on the ship last month. They just gonna dock your future checks until the amount it equal to what you should have been payed so don't go crazy with the extra money.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Be like a typical E5 and go crazy with the extra money.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Buy a Mustang at 28% APR

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

LingcodKilla posted:

Buy a GXS-R1000 for your first bike

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LingcodKilla posted:

This happened to like 8 of us on the ship last month. They just gonna dock your future checks until the amount it equal to what you should have been payed so don't go crazy with the extra money.

Also remember that everyone below O-5 isn't getting payroll taxes taken out, so that's extra money you'll have to pay back come tax time next year. (Because Trump is a loving rear end in a top hat.)

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, are any commands having their people on "standby" for election day violence or a possible refusal to leave office/peaceful transition of power following that?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

https://www.defensenews.com/training-sim/2020/10/22/south-koreas-first-training-ship-enters-naval-service/

Man I wish they had something dedicated like this for the reserves. AT plus maybe a bunch of drill weekend time at sea would be a hell of lot more useful than the usual grabass and dick gazing we normally do.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So, are any commands having their people on "standby" for election day violence or a possible refusal to leave office/peaceful transition of power following that?

Is not the AD militarys job to deal with that. National Guard maybe, but can only be called up by the governors, or federalized with the approval of the governors.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I thought post 2001 bullshit allows the activation of the National Guard without governor consent

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Nope. Nothing about it here.

At that point I’d probably refuse anyway. Or at least suddenly come down with covid like symptoms.

It seems like most junior HMs at least are not stoked about a fascist takeover, though I’m the only white guy on my shift so probably skewed a bit. Most of us were talking about what country we plan to emigrate to when we get out.

I’m not sure how the military could be used for a takeover anyway, there’s a lot of legal hurdles to clear and enough officers that would obstruct it, versus just using DHS and militas to do the dirty work.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 31, 2020

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Goodpancakes posted:

I thought post 2001 bullshit allows the activation of the National Guard without governor consent

Off by a century I think. The governor's right to refuse a NG mobilization was removed after the Spanish American war.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Goodpancakes posted:

Oh that goes back to Ike, who activated the AR guard to stop the governor continuing to use them to keep black kids out of white schools.

Edit: Oh maybe it goes back further.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Continuing Smarter Every Day on submarines, since I feel like I may as well keep linking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJUVKizh90

Because they're really good videos and submarines are cool

Disclaimer: never go on a submarine, NEVER go nuke

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 1, 2020

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I liked the guy answering "how much food can you carry" with "uh well im required to keep 30 days and also sometimes 90"

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

M_Gargantua posted:

Continuing Smarter Every Day on submarines, since I feel like I may as well keep linking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJUVKizh90

Because they're really good videos and submarines are cool

Disclaimer: never go on a submarine, NEVER go nuke

I did both of my midshipman cruises on subs, and it was great. I even got my Blue Nose and my first trip to Japan out of them. :v:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
that chop is so full of himself :lol:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
"How much food do you keep" = "Do we cover the berthing floor in one layer of canned goods or two?"

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

that chop is so full of himself :lol:

I mean how many times does anyone outside the mil act like they give a gently caress about the dudes tasked with keeping everyone fed? This was his time to shine.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
True but its the MSC (or whatever they call the cooks now) that does the ordering the chop just says yes/no and line items stuff off the list. At least that was my experience.

The chop I had couldn't do math for poo poo and was the absolute worst dive we ever had in the chair. The running joke was if you could hear the fairwater planes slapping the water it was the chop on the dive when we are at PD. it wasn't really a joke he was that bad

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Here's another question for you guys:

How would going about seeing a non-military therapist/psychiatrist go, especially when it comes to medication?

I suspect I have ADHD, have had people suggest it to me, etc, whatever. I tried to go about setting up an on-base appointment but the waiting line just to be seen for the first time was like 2 months, and I was about to go on deployment, so... then we came back, and it slipped my mind, and now I'm on deployment again. I've heard the waiting times for base psychiatry are even longer now, because of the pandemic and all that.

Secondly, I'm also stationed overseas, Japan specifically, so that probably throws another wrench onto how this all would work.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

cubivore posted:

How would going about seeing a non-military therapist/psychiatrist go, especially when it comes to medication?

I suspect I have ADHD, have had people suggest it to me, etc, whatever. I tried to go about setting up an on-base appointment but the waiting line just to be seen for the first time was like 2 months, and I was about to go on deployment, so... then we came back, and it slipped my mind, and now I'm on deployment again. I've heard the waiting times for base psychiatry are even longer now, because of the pandemic and all that.

Secondly, I'm also stationed overseas, Japan specifically, so that probably throws another wrench onto how this all would work.

You take some cash money to a doctor in town, get your diagnosis, get your script, report both to the medical department, have a Navy Doc sign off on them, and go downstairs to fill your script. Steps 1-4 take a day. The last two can take a month or so. Expect to get put MRR for any new prescription that wasn't first written by a Navy doctor.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

cubivore posted:

Talk to tricare about getting a referral off base.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

cubivore posted:

I got diagnosed after I got out. I have no idea how I made it through my time in without a diagnosis and treatment. But as little as 5mg of Adderall is enough to help me just focus better and pay attention to what people are actually saying. I felt the slightest thing when I took my very first dose. But afterwards I don't get any high or anything. I'm just able to focus better which helps me in my job better.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NavalInstitute/status/1324074911057485826?s=20

Running your vessel into another can sometimes be a good idea

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

I like the half hour gun battle that was less effective than the ramming

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Laranzu posted:

I like the half hour gun battle that was less effective than the ramming

Seems sailors from all nations have similar marksmanship skills.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nick Soapdish posted:

Hey, you scratched my anchor!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Nick Soapdish posted:

Ramming speeeeeeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Hekk posted:

Seems sailors from all nations have similar marksmanship skills.

All seven terrorists <fell out of the boat. The gun battle lasted another 90 seconds against stationary targets in which all terrorists> were killed in the incident.