Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, I can't unsee it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

all this viral advertising for micheal bay's new hit blockbuster "songbird" is getting a little weird

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

big? ❌
strong? ❌
eyes of flaming gold? ❌

he's the blade runner guy, not rasputin

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Platystemon posted:

Rasputin comparisons have been made and they are on point.

so when's he getting stabbed and thrown under the ice of a frozen river or whatever happened to the original?

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Platystemon posted:

How soon till they hire this thing out to help bosses practice their firin’ face?

just set it in the corner and have it stare at the employee they want to fire. they’ll quit by the end of the day

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

so when's he getting stabbed and thrown under the ice of a frozen river or whatever happened to the original?

They put some poison into his wine
He drank it all and said, "I feel fine"

They didn't quit, they wanted his head
And so they shot him 'til he was dead

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wake me up when they've got Jack's giant donger pickled in a jar.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1321847136330391554?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lmao they'll just not hire bald people anymore.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"head must be this dissimilar to a footyball to apply"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You just have to wear a bright red helmet with a adversarial image sticker on it so the camera thinks youre a sailboat

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Subjunctive posted:

this has happened, but afaik only by R voters of late

sure some people are dumb enough to do this but you're talking 1in hundreds of thousands

the vast majority of voters, even republicans, arent dumb enough to risk prison time for 1 extra chance to mash that TRUMO button

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

why did they make it a creepy skeleton

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

oh cool we're just making hellraiser monsters for amusement parks

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

cyberplague stickers

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The Luxury Nuclear Missile Silo Where Rich People Ride Out the Apocalypse
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a34522641/underground-atlas-missile-silo-survival-condo/

quote:

A deactivated Atlas missile silo has been reimagined as a high-end condominium complex, designed to support a luxurious lifestyle in the wake of the End Times. The Survival Condo can house 75 people for up to five years, sheltering them from the nuclear, chemical, and biological threats while pampering them with luxuries that include a custom bar, library, and swimming pool.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Vault-tec about to be real as hell

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Put the 75 richest dudes in there and seal the doors.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and then fill it with cement.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

You wouldn't need to, I'm sure the construction would've been given to lowest bidder so some critical ventilation function would fail and kill everyone inside within a few years.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

Fill it with piss.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hope they have spare water chips

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

tangy yet delightful posted:

Fill it with piss.

Why not cement made with piss? Call it peement

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

here's some actual photos (theoretically): [url]https://www.hgtv.ca/real-estate/photos/inside-survival-condos-coronavirus-1937249

I dig the paranoia inspired color coding:

and here's the food supply:

quote:

Q. What kind of security do you have for the facility?

A. We have the highest level of military grade security that offers both lethal and non-lethal measures in order protect our residents. We’ve designed our security protocols with just about every consideration that could possibly put our residents and the facility in harms way.

Q. What type of communications systems do you have in place.

A. Although most of this is top secret information, we can say that we do have all of the necessary communications systems for pre and post-disaster needs. Further, we supply direct link communications to the condos remotely for our owners, as well as full fiber optics intranet, with data-streaming for education, information and entertainment. We also have silo-to-silo network links and communications.

Q. Is there enough food, water, electricity, air, and all of the necessities to survive off-grid for extended periods of time.

A. We have all of the necessities to survive in a luxury “resort setting” for as long as 5 years without having any concern for being able to sustain our community with all of the necessities that will be needed for an extended off-grid living situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLy6AXjwQK8

Trabisnikof has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Oct 31, 2020

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What am i looking at here?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What am i looking at here?

instead of getting a "i voted sticker" you get a "i secured my vote sticker" because we live in a lovely rear end cyberpunk dystopia and ~*technology*~ is used to secure your vote and make sure the right outcome of the election happens and the wrong people don't get elected

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also for as much as the silo people are like "OUR LOCATION IS TOP SECRET" they probably should have removed the google listing: https://goo.gl/maps/94VXgrkGKq2J9vGB6

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Trabisnikof posted:

also for as much as the silo people are like "OUR LOCATION IS TOP SECRET" they probably should have removed the google listing: https://goo.gl/maps/94VXgrkGKq2J9vGB6

A post-apocalyptic piñata.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

instead of getting a "i voted sticker" you get a "i secured my vote sticker" because we live in a lovely rear end cyberpunk dystopia and ~*technology*~ is used to secure your vote and make sure the right outcome of the election happens and the wrong people don't get elected

i assumed you would put the sticker over top of the smart card chip in order to "secure" it

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
what I never understood about this is what their endgame is supposed to be

suppose there is some apocalypse scenario and the rich assholes ride it out in their bunker, suppose they don't die and the world around them falls apart

when they come out of their bunker and the surface-dwellers realize they've been hiding and hoarding resources in a bunker, what do the rich people think is going to happen?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

don't worry man im sure its cool, 5 years is totally enough time for a total extinction event to pass and everything will be back to normal

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cowpocalypse posted:

what I never understood about this is what their endgame is supposed to be

suppose there is some apocalypse scenario and the rich assholes ride it out in their bunker, suppose they don't die and the world around them falls apart

when they come out of their bunker and the surface-dwellers realize they've been hiding and hoarding resources in a bunker, what do the rich people think is going to happen?

they aren't going to come out. they are buying an extra 5 years of jerking off, playing video games, and eating doritos before their death.

everyone dies, being rich just means you die later

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What'll really happen: Hmm, 75 people for 5 years. Wonder how long it'll last for one

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

even if there aren't angry surface survivors AND whatever happened does blow over in 5 years, what are they going to do afterwards? a luxury resort setting means it's gonna be fulla telephone hygenecists, techbros, and other worthless human trash. you gonna rebuilt society with >75 useless idiots after you've eaten all the MREs and hosed up the water system? or does it include a loving artifical womb/G. E. C. K. somewhere?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Zil posted:

Why not cement made with piss? Call it peement

Excrement?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

T-man posted:

even if there aren't angry surface survivors AND whatever happened does blow over in 5 years, what are they going to do afterwards? a luxury resort setting means it's gonna be fulla telephone hygenecists, techbros, and other worthless human trash. you gonna rebuilt society with >75 useless idiots after you've eaten all the MREs and hosed up the water system? or does it include a loving artifical womb/G. E. C. K. somewhere?

it's also all moot because they got a dry run for this poo poo in the early pandemic and couldn't hack it even when they could still get food delivered directly to their door in large houses with dozens of rooms and plenty of outdoor greenspace on the property

they'll kill each other in a week if they trapped themselves in a silo bunker

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

they'll kill each other in a week if they trapped themselves in a silo bunker

stop!

i can only get so erect

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after the apocalypse and the eventual recovery, people will make their livings finding these rich person storage silos, cracking them open, and stealing whatever is left over after the inhabitants all killed each other/themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

uber_stoat posted:

after the apocalypse and the eventual recovery, people will make their livings finding these rich person storage silos, cracking them open, and stealing whatever is left over after the inhabitants all killed each other/themselves.

it’s called prospecting